Beiträge von TC0072

I've had a 40L and 54L for a loong time. The 40L is retired and the heavy lifting of the 54L has been taken over by a Synology.
    But I would like to keep using the 54L as a basic NAS.

I have a TP-Link 2.5GbE PCI-E card and a PCI-E SATA III card ready to try to fit. I'm thinking about using a basic SSD connected to that SATA card for the system drive.

Right now I'm running OMV 2.2.14 as it just works and I've had no reason to upgrade.
    But I just tried to SSH in from my mac and see there are issues.

What do you think is my best bet, OMV6?

Thanks so much for this thread, I had 2 issues, couldn't find any updates which was fixed by updating the keys for OMV-extras and Plex not transcoding which this fixed.

I was convinced a disk on my server was broken after a power cut but it was the noexec Codec issue.

Thanks for fixing this!!

I normally update Sickbeard via its own interface but it seems to have been updated by the system when I allowed it to do an upgrade of lots of items together.

After I updated I lost all my shows and after investigating it looks like the directory used by SickBeard has changed.

It was using the directory /home/sickbeard/.sickbeard/ but it has now started using /var/opt/sickbeard/

I can see all my old files are still safe so I want to ask what's the best fix for this:

1. Copy all my old config files to the new location
    2. edit /etc/init.d/sickbeard to force it back to using the old configuration

1 is the easier fix but if this is a temporary problem which will be fixed and change it back to using the original directory then I'll have to look out for it changing again.

I even googled which type of Raid I needed and was sure I typed 1 not 0, but yes I meant 1.

I've searched for OMV with gitlab but all I find is a forum post asking for people to vote for plugins.

Not sure where to post this but I wanted some advice.

I have 2 x HP Microservers. One is running OMV 1.0 with Plex/transmission/SABnzbd/Sick beard, it's not perfect but a lot better than my previous Ubuntu solution.

I wanted to use my other server as a backup system for the computers on my network, but one very important requirement was to act as a GIT repository. I've already installed 1.0 but realise now that the GIT plugin is no longer supported and doesn't work on 1.0.

What advice would you have, should I just install an older version of OMV or can I use a different solution to allow a 1.0 installation to act as a GIT repository? I create new repositories infrequently so doing it by hand wouldn't be the end of the world.

Finally I was planning on using SnapRAID to cover myself for disk failures, is that a good idea or should I just go for a RAID 0 setup?

That's great, I thought I had searched on that page using my browser's find but it didn't show up. Should have checked more thoroughly. :rolleyes:

I have three disks full of Plex content to add but my previous Plex installation was lost when my root hard disk failed on my old system.
    To complete the setup do I just need to choose one of those disks as the Database Volume?

Edit:
    I tried it and it seems to be working great.

I finally decided to move over from rolling my own Ubuntu setup to trying OMV. I've tried to install the Plex plugin but even though it shows as enabled in the OMV-Extras secondary tab I can't see it anywhere in the Web interface. I've looked for information and can see it should be in the services tab but it isn't there.

The only other mention of Plex I have is this in System Information -> Report:

Code
    /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omv-extras-org-kralizec.list:
    =====================================================
    # Regular omv-extras.org repo
    deb http://packages.omv-extras.org/debian/ kralizec main
    # Plexmediaserver repo
    deb http://packages.omv-extras.org/debian/ kralizec-plex main
    deb http://dh2k.omv-extras.org/debian/ plex-wheezy-mirror main

I've looked through the logs but can't find any mention of Plex. I guess there's something else I needed to do after enabling it?
    I'm running OMV on a HP MicroServer, OMV details: Version 1.2, Distribution kralizec, Kernel 3.2.0-4-amd64, Architecture amd64.