Beiträge von Silentium

As far as I know it's really normal that people from other countries scan all our ports. ( Remember the old windows virus. You just had to go online and you got infected even if you don't open your browser)

@Carlos05
    I am not sure but they really seem to have access to your system! umplug it from WAN and reconfigure and update your system.

Hello,

today I took a look into the logs of the OPEN VPN tool and there were so many ip adresses from china, Taiwan, USA.
    Is that normal and what do they mean?

I am 100% percent sure that nobody was accessing my NAS.

The log files are full with stuff like these:

Do you know, why my max OpenVPN speed is just between 80 - 110 KB/s when I copy files over a SMB share?

Tested on LTE Network on a smartphone and compared the same enviroment with openvpn = off and wifi I got.
    80 KB/s with OpenVPN android app
    1700 KB/s with wifi

Windows Wifi Performance with SMB is 13.000 KB/s.

Yesterday I was able to setup OpenVPN. The plugin is working in some way.

Just a hint for all Fritzbox users from Germany:
    Don't use Myfritz DDNS Service! It is not working properly. Try another external service.

This morning the openvpn plugin didn't work again. I was not able to find out why.
    After so many hours finding out the error and the low performance on first test yesterday I should consider to try owncloud or something similar.

But on my first try owncloud doesn't work either ?(

Hello,

today I set up OMV 1.6 on my BANANA Pi. A Big Hello to all OMV Forum users! :thumbup:

I planned to share my pictures and maybe some videos with my parents over Internet.

What kind of setup would be the best choice, if I want them to use their windows explorer to watch the files?

Setup at my home
    Banana pi with Sata HDD connected on an AVM Fritzbox

Setup at my family
    Windows PCs on an DD wrt Router