Posts by Max

Thanks.

I see, and I traced already: yes, NFS is sending DNS queries to external server at configuring 'tango3'. Of course that server has no clue about 'tango3'.
    Yes, I keep reservation for a bout a week for each user in my router. But when returning back from vacation: need to reconfigure again. I will change to static IP on client side as you suggested because this seems to be easier than configuring DDNS or something like that.

Cheers,
    /Max

Dear gurus,

I managed to configure NFS like this:
    Client: 192.168.1.110/24
    Privilege: Read only
    Extra options: subtree_check,secure,root_squash,anonuid=1004,anongid=100

The client is Dune HD Base 3.0 media server. Wireshark log shows it has host name 'tango3' and GID 0 and UID 0.

Issue: when I change IP address to 'tango3' - client cannot access NFS server... I need name (not IP address) because IP address of client is not constant.

Cheers
    /Max

Cheers,

Will use OC8 for now. Need some simple main functionality, hopefully won't run into issues. I looked into Seafile /their documentation/ earlier: looks nice but did not want to go there without OC plugin.

@ tinh_x7,

May you please share the link? I found some but not sure which one is the latest greatest.

There is still a version of Plex Server for PlexPass users. For example, it is available as ver. 0.9.12.10 now while the "official" version for everybody else is still on 0.9.12.8.

The problem is that PLEX does not release for Debian. I see that Christian Svedin (gurka) keeps making Debian versions, but due to some reason this build is still on 0.9.12.8.

tekkb

Thanks a lot, the problem is exactly like you describe it: javascript should be rewritten to be compatible with latest omv. Without this fix the browser shows white page after logging in to omv.

It does not cause other issues because at this specific moment plugin is active.

Cheers

Hi,

From what I understand: data directory is for owncloud database. You will be able to assign your RAID5 storage&folders external via owncloud administration, to certain users. I would refer to:
    ownCloud 7 install with current plugin

I had some issue with step-by-step as omv changed a lot, but it looks like it works for me on latest omv version. Read also my latest post where I begged about help:
    omv 2.1 and owncloud 7

Cheers

Hi,

I used Tekkb's instruction (for omv 1.0) to install owncloud 7:
    ownCloud 7 install with current plugin

Followed nearly everything (broken link to DL oc 7, changed to correct one). OC 7 works well. After installation omv browser could not show GUI after login (white page symptom).

I made a quick and dirty fix by changing Settings.js in /var/www/openmediavault/js/omv/module/admin/service/owncloud. This java requires file "js/omv/form/field/CertificateComboBox.js"

Starting from some version in omv 2* new tabs are shown by 2 files: SslCertificateComboBox.js and SshCertificateComboBox.js

Could somebody help me writing a new version of Settings.js in order to draw menus correctly? After my dirty fix nothing happens if I click on ownCloud, but other functionality s working.

Cheers
    /Max

Hi,
    I followed OMV instruction to install PLEX plugin for PLEX PASS members. This step was unclear:

5. In a Putty root session to your OMV: cd /var/cache/apt/archives

What is Putty root session to OMV?

In debian, when I log in to system, I use username@password, then I have another password for root (debian), and third username@password when log in to OMV. I used SSH in Putty. SSH service was started in advance in OMV. When I tried OMV username&password method, I could not log in. Then I went for my debian root&password to follow step 5. Did I do right?

Problem is that I still see "Plex Media Manager" tab from Linux. I expected to only see it from OMV... Or is it correct behaviour?

BR
    /Maxim

You guys are brilliant!

ryecoaaron:
    The plugin installs using apt which is the Linux way of installing, is it not?

- Absolutely right! I meant manual method of course, i.e. not from OMV.

ryecoaaron:
    If you really want the database on the ssd, shrink the OS partition and create another partition. This will show up in the web interface and allow you to select it in plex.

- Thanks for suggestion, I think I will go for it! Or will install another smaller SSD, have not decided yet. I really like performance while reading from RAID and writing to another drive. It is quite operation as well. I built my NAS for optimal performance so I really want to use its HW capabilities at max.

tekkb:
    Did you disable send anonymous usage data to plex???? What version of plex???

- Yes, I did. I did not have any sync or pics uploading feature active yet, just one user. I was online though from Android device 24/7. Not sure if it matters. I did not stream anything at times I checked noise level from NAS, not sure if it matters. I wish I did not investigate PLEX log. I had PLEX server version 0.9.11.7.803-87d0708 thru OMV installation and have the same now after manual installation.
    I am using PLEX PASS. I saw PLEX and PLEX PASS server labels are identical, I guess there is no difference, right? I will DL and compare by content...

Now after 2 days using PLEX (non/plugin version of it), with my full Debian installation and repo, I do not really understand benefit having PLEX server plugin, except that there is good setup info tab and I may turn off/on server using button, i.e. not via CLI.

Hi,
    I think similar issues were discussed earlier but had different flavor...

About my NAS configuration: Debian full installation then OMV on top, system and all apps are on SSD hard drive (128 GB). Then there is a RAID5 array (4 HDDs) which is intended to save media files only.

I installed PLEX server OMV plugin and wanted to configure it running database on SSD drive but path selection was only possible towards RAID. So I went for that option as there was no other choice available. Then 2 issues arised due to this:
    1) RAID never spins down, i.e. it looks like PLEX never sleeps and runs some background activities. I tried many things thru Plex configuration options but gave up when read about similar issues on Plex forums. Hard drives were kept at 41 C degrees, not least to mention power consumption and wearing issue for HDDs which may lead to shorter life time...
    2) While processing metadata, i.e. creating database and thumbnails, the whole process was blody slow as PLEX was reading files and writing metadata to the same hard drives/RAID.

Then after some time I decided to uninstall PMS plugin and went for Linux way of installing the package. All went well, database is located now on my SSD system drive and media files are separated so the RAID spins down when not used, their temperature is 28 C degrees and creating database is times faster and much more quite process.

What are the reasons not allowing PLEX database location on system drive :?:
    Shouldn't admin decide where to keep database on :?: