Beiträge von Griffo

Griffo AFAIK, there's no reason to re-create a pre-existing BTRFS RAID, but snapshots created via the WebUI my not be compatible with the use snapper or btrbk.

Actually I found that the snapshot button was not available on "inherited" BTRFS volumes, but were on a fresh one made via the GUI.

But now I find that i can create snapshots, but the UI does not display them

e.g - can see them via CLI, these were created by clicking the + button in the GUI.

root@lusus:~# btrfs subvolume list /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-6598e7b1-cf34-4aa2-bbe6-f90ef25c706a

ID 9203 gen 174000 top level 5 path .snapshots

ID 9204 gen 173999 top level 9203 path .snapshots/vault_2023-02-25T11:48:05

ID 9205 gen 174000 top level 9203 path .snapshots/vault_20230225T115147

but cannot see them in the GUI

Hi,

This was a clean install of OMV6 after a failed upgrade. It all seemed to work at first, but at some point in the last few updates, manually searching for updates has resulted in an error 500. Updates appear if I leave it but I cannot force a search for new updates

And if ou start from a fresh install, do not use a desktop environment on it. At least an xserver is mentioned in the logs you provided.

Not sure why xserver was mentioned, it was installed from the OMV iso.

Either way, despite several attempts to restore from the DD backup, i gave up and started again. Even though the restore seemed to work, many services had issues, so I could never trust it. I started again on OMV6 and aside from having to fight the Unifi controller software, everything seems pretty sweet.

The change from disk labels to disk UUID's caught me up too, despite being BTRFS disks. Some quick symlink hacks until I update everything.

Yeah lots of packages. Lots and lots. It's weird.

Anyway, I tried a second time stupidly. and now it's really borked

Removing openmediavault-borgbackup (5.1.9) ...

/var/lib/dpkg/info/openmediavault-borgbackup.postrm: 6: .: Can't open /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts/helper-functions

dpkg: error processing package openmediavault-borgbackup (--remove):

installed openmediavault-borgbackup package post-removal script subprocess returned error exit status 127

dpkg: python3-llfuse: dependency problems, but removing anyway as you requested:

borgbackup depends on python3-llfuse (<< 2.0).

Removing python3-llfuse (1.3.6+dfsg-1) ...

dpkg: borgbackup: dependency problems, but removing anyway as you requested:

openmediavault-backup depends on borgbackup.

Removing borgbackup (1.1.15-3~bpo10+1) ...

Errors were encountered while processing:

openmediavault-borgbackup

W: --force-yes is deprecated, use one of the options starting with --allow instead.

E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Hi, I did a search and found nothing so apologies if this is a known issue.

I just attempted to upgrade my home system from 5.6.23-1 to 6.x via omv-release-upgrade.

The process seemed to work successfully, and got the the end and said something like "upgrade successful, please reboot system". Which I did.

However on reboot, it's still OMV 5.6.23-1.

Any suggestions / thoughts? I figured i'd ask before blindly running it a second time

history.log.txt

Firstly thanks for the plugin, great work.

Has anyone got clipboard mapping working with Spice? I've got a single Ubuntu guest VM, and while spice works, clipboard mapping does not. I've got the vda guest additions installed.

I tried RealVNC but it won't connect (protocol error). TightVNC connects but it has serious mouse issues and clipboard also doesn't work.

OK so I started again, and this time it seemed to go mostly fine. In case any other idiot does this, here's how I got it running

apt-get remove --autoremove openmediavault

Then instructions from https://openmediavault.readthe…stallation/on_debian.html

Then omv-engined would not auto-start so..

systemctl unmask openmediavault-engined

OMV-Extras would not re-install until I did a

apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 7AA630A1EDEE7D73

And apart from the fact that it seems to now cache my login in the browser (if i reboot it, it does not ask me to re-auth) it seems to all work fine.

FIngers crossed.

Thanks. I got various errors trying that, so at this point i'm just trying to get a completely clean OMV install. I'm OK with re-doing all the OMV config, but want to avoid re-doing the entire server as I have other stuff (HDHR, VIrtualBox, Unifi) running on the box

I've done:

apt remove openmediavault

apt autoremove

apt clean

Then followed the steps at https://openmediavault.readthe…stallation/on_debian.html

I get the console, but then when I try to log in I get the following:

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:141
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(57): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

Before I attempt anything, I thought i'd ask the guru's how you would approach fixing this.

I decided to try out AVAHI on the OMV server. It didn't work for whatever reason, so i immediately uninstalled it figuring i'd rather place it on another box anyway. I wasn't really paying attention and blindly hit Y and proceeded to unistall most of OMV by mistake...

Whoops.

Thoughts on the best way to attack this? Fresh Install?

I say it depends on what you are going to use them for.

For instance - my VM's live on one mirror that i leave it all turned off as they will be in use constantly.

My DVR storage lives on a mirror with APM set to Intermediate, as they get recorded to multiple times a day and it's annoying hitting play and having to wait for the disks to spin up.

My bulk storage mirror I set to minimum power with spindown, and 5 minutes spindown as the data is rarely accessed.

What you don't want to do is to set aggressive power management policies on disks that are accessed all the time. You don't want to have the things spinning up and down constantly and having to wait for them to spin up every time you want to access a file.

Great thanks.

I plan to attempt the upgrade to 5.x & I had read of someone else running into issues upgrading while running proxmox kernel (not sure why but still). Plus I want the RAM back from ZFS so planned to remove anything ZFS related before the upgrade then create the vols again on btrfs post upgrade.

I'm planning on ditching ZFS and subsequently will be removing the Proxmox kernel. Stupidly, at some point, I clicked the "remove non-proxmox kernels" button in the omv-extras plugin.

As I'm trying to avoid heartache, can anyone recommend the best way to restore the correct kernel for OMV 4?

OK it only seems to affect folders on ZFS volumes. I created some on an USB key with EXT4 and they survive a reboot.

I guess the change has implemented a timing issue (even though the .mount file contains the dependancies)

Running the following commands restores the shares which I assume means that all the config is OK

Code
    systemctl daemon-reload
    systemctl restart local-fs.target

Thanks. I appreciate the response.

I've actually un-installed all plugins (apart from ZFS) to remove the possibility that one of them was interfering by starting earlier than the mount. I've also uninstalled the one LInux service (HDHomeRun) that i've installed.
    Unfortunately the problem remains.

I'm happy to use the actual path, but many of the plugins like VirtualBox only allow you to select the "Shared Folder" path so it needs to survive reboots.

I don't actually know where to go to next.

Further - is the way that OMV works by writing these as mount-points in fstab?
    (sorry if my terminology is all mixed up, i'm new to Linux)

I can see the shares defined in the /etc/openmediavault/config.xml

for example

but I don't see corresponding entries in the etc/fstab