Posts by bug11

For this issue i will only accept a GIT pull request which implements the feature above completely. It must be tested and should not break existing functionality. After that we will see if it goes into master.

I have this setup currently working in Debian stretch. And I do assume that this way of configuring smartd.conf will work for all raidcontrollers supported by Smartmontools. ( ref: https://www.smartmontools.org/…upported_RAID-Controllers)

To fix I need to know if Smartd.conf file is available for editing or locked/controlled from another file.

EDIT: Possible to add the option in 4.x to manually configure smartd.conf from commandline? as people then can tweak their system as needed? My thought is that people with specific raidcards etc are people with enough skills to edit two configfiles as needed according to a simple guide in the forum. This will solve all challenges for specific usercases and less work to maintain.

@votdev :

Problem is sort of solved:
    udev rule assigned as number 10 with the following content:

Code
    SUBSYSTEMS=="scsi", ATTRS{vendor}=="Areca ", SYMLINK+="areca"

and then the following in the smartd.conf, the rest is commented out in standard smartd.conf:
    note: i have 16 port areca 1260ML raidcard in JBOD mode with disks in port 1-8. The Defaul line defines type of testing, the Udev code above creates the appropriate short file (referred to as /dev/sgx in smartmontools) as debian changes the /dev/sgx when adding/removing drives

quick fix: Run both as docker images, works perfectly.

I personally uses linuxservers images, as one can use UID and GIDs from OMV easily. I have my setup with a "docker" user (Example GID 1000 and UID 1000) so all my linuxserver docker images get this UID and GID. It is then easy to controll folderaccess.

Use with host network interface, then you will not have any trouble with ports and IP adress settings, it will be like using regular plug in

Hehe, you are right. I don't like this idea because as I have really often said, OMV is no webmin replacement. Everything should be done automagically. Or do you see such selection boxes in Synology or other NAS solutions? If such a feature will be implemented it MUST be done magically without user interaction.

Here is an example: https://forum.rockstor.com/t/s-m-a-r-t-for-usb-drives/834/9

it has a short edit button on the SMART menu where one can add specific "-d "requirements for each drive.

I see Rockstor as the closest competitor for OMV, unfortunately, it is a bit too buggy and BTRFS is way off being production ready, which is their required filesystem.

Any chance for this "manual smart feature" in OMV3 or OMV4? this will solve all trouble with ARECA, LSI, 3Ware etc which is supported by Smartmontools: https://www.smartmontools.org/…upported_RAID-Controllers

https://www.smartmontools.org/…montools/smartd.conf.5.in

Great thanks,

however this update broke ZFS package :(

Code
    Setting up openmediavault-zfs (3.0.6) ...
    WARNING: The function 'omv_config_add_element' is deprecated.
    modprobe: FATAL: Module zfs not found.
    dpkg: error processing package openmediavault-zfs (--configure):
    subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
    Processing triggers for openmediavault (3.0.59) ...
    locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory

Sure:

I would set Networking to Host, to keep things simple. if not, port forward port 8200 (-p in description in dockerhub).

In environment you put "DUPLICATI_PASS" in left column, no "".
    Corresponding right column you put "duplicatiPass", again no ""

in path, you add your folder which has read/write access.
    and then "root/.config/Duplicati/" as corresponding folder. This will be Duplicati config folder, all settings are saved here. in case of reinstall, just point to same folder and config loads as before.

and then you find folder you want to backup and add /data as corresponding folder. The /data is the mountfolder inside duplicati docker image.

That should be it.

@votdev

Im getting this error when uninstalling, and similar when installing the NUT-plugin: