Posts by blindpet

In all of my tests init.d scripts worked on jessie. Although systemd is the primary method in Jessie it does not completely replace init.d. However, if you are using upstart then that is a different story. Are there a list of scripts you need converted to systemd?

Using this repo deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public kralizec main

I get these errors, same instructions worked on Raspbian Wheezy

Code
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    openmediavault : Depends: php5-pam but it is not going to be installed
    Depends: proftpd-mod-vroot but it is not going to be installed
    Depends: php5-proctitle but it is not going to be installed
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

It is also happening on Ubuntu Vivid on an Orange Pi

I am doing some tests with OMV on the Banana Pi and testing the viability of a port multipler (there are many issues I know). I am particularly interested in what happens to data when a hard drive 'dies' which I am simulating by removing a hot swappable drive (I have 4 2.5 drives in a 5.25 bay).

When I remove a drive and plug it back in, I have to mount it again, is this how it's supposed to work, is there no automounting?

Even when I try to mount it again I get device is busy errors

Code
    Error #6000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to umount '/media/14a4c57e-8a80-41ea-95a6-c4ecd2fb4cd5': umount: /media/14a4c57e-8a80-41ea-95a6-c4ecd2fb4cd5: device is busy.
    (In some cases useful info about processes that use
    the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1))' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc:891
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->mount(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('mount', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('FileSystemMgmt', 'mount', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

Still not working after removing fpm and pam, installing pam from OMV repo then installing fpm from raspbian repo, not going to pursue this any further since you already have images.

It is the php5-pam package causing the failure when fpm tries to restart. The fpm package is fine unless you added a non-Raspbian repo.

Install the package using the instructions above and then apt-get -f install

Installed the deb and did apt-get -f install and same result. I only have the raspbian mirrordirector and omv repo enabled (not omv extras)

The only repo is the default raspbian mirrordirector, are you saying I should disable that too? Starting from scratch now on the B+ (other guide I created works on Pi 2) so trying to find the caveats for the earlier models. The double apache2 service taking precedent over nginx has happened for both the B+ and Pi 2 btw.

I am installing from scratch and having a similar issue, installed the deb package above but the issue persists. It says the php5-fpm is failing with illegal instruction so I think it's grabbing the armv7 package for the armv6 Pi's

This is the package it's installing: php5-fpm_5.4.39-0+deb7u1_armhf.deb

That is an ACL Error. Are you 100% sure that both ACLs are enabled and this is NOT an AuFS Pool?

Greetings
    David

Getting this does it help diagnose

This is a fresh install, no ACLs have been set at all so I'm not sure what you mean by both are enabled?

Oddly acl is not installed as dependencies during the OMV install. The same volumes mount in another distro and are regular ext4 partitions (not sure what AuFS Pool is).

I can run the setfacl command from the terminal, is it a lang=C thing that's the problem?

It was an ext4 file system so nothing foreign or fancy. I am using this kernel because it has the modular support for the sata port multiplier (3.19.3). The script creator seems to think it may have something to do with NFS but OMV supports NFS right?

Would love to fix this instead of building a new kernel and image.

I am using OMV on a Banana Pi with a port multiplier. When I try to mount a disk I get this error

I can mount the drive in SSH just fine and use it though

When I try to set permissions for different users I get this error using ACL

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; setfacl --remove-all --recursive -m 'default:user:user1:7,user:user1:7,default:user:user2:7,user:user2:7,default:user::7,user::7,default:group::7,group::7,default:other::5,other::5' -- '/media/ffd1ad88-3526-4815-ac2e-ff56b783e173/160Test//' 2>&1': setfacl: /media/ffd1ad88-3526-4815-ac2e-ff56b783e173/160Test//: Operation not supported
    Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; setfacl --remove-all --recursive -m 'default:user:user1:7,user:user1:7,default:user:user2:7,user:user2:7,default:user::7,user::7,default:group::7,group::7,default:other::5,other::5' -- '/media/ffd1ad88-3526-4815-ac2e-ff56b783e173/160Test//' 2>&1': setfacl: /media/ffd1ad88-3526-4815-ac2e-ff56b783e173/160Test//: Operation not supported' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc:1172
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->setFileACL(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('setFileACL', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('ShareMgmt', 'setFileACL', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

This happens with USB hard drives as well so I don't think it's the SATA multipliers fault

Output of dmesg | tail

Code
    [ 27.715961] scsi 1:0:0:0: Direct-Access FUJITSU MHW2160BJ G1 PQ : 0 ANSI: 2 CCS
    [ 27.717649] sd 1:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg2 type 0
    [ 27.720379] sd 1:0:0:0: [sdc] 312581808 512-byte logical blocks: (160 GB/149 GiB)
    [ 27.721572] sd 1:0:0:0: [sdc] Write Protect is off
    [ 27.721630] sd 1:0:0:0: [sdc] Mode Sense: 28 00 00 00
    [ 27.722815] sd 1:0:0:0: [sdc] No Caching mode page found
    [ 27.722869] sd 1:0:0:0: [sdc] Assuming drive cache: write through
    [ 27.781155] sdc: sdc1 sdc2 < sdc5 >
    [ 27.788352] sd 1:0:0:0: [sdc] Attached SCSI disk
    [ 1724.555145] device-mapper: ioctl: 4.29.0-ioctl (2014-10-28) initialised: dm-d evel@redhat.com

I am using a minimal debian install from Igor using his build scripts to have port multiplier in the 3.19.3 kernel. Like I said I can mount drives in terminal without an issue and write to the drives. I can also mount the drives via USB on a Raspberry Pi OMV installation so the drives are OK.
    I am also able to use OMV on the Bananian distro running kernel 3.4 and able to mount the same drives so I think I am missing something in Igor's distro.

Update: On 3.4 kernel it works fine, so my current conclusion is that OMV is not playing nice with the 3.19 kernel, what can be done?

I really want to release this prepared image so any help would be much appreciated.

First off, Sorry for not being as active as I normally am, The wife got rushed to hospital a couple of weeks ago and had to stay in for 4 days.

I have not tried Sonarr on my Pi but will give it a go to see what happens, I think they have their own arm mono packages so maybe we could use that?

That sucks man, hope she's pulling through.

Sonarr does not have arm packages in their repo, I have compiled mono 3.10 and the guide is here (arm7 and arm6, the lib mono cil is necessary for https and can be finicky) along with the package you are welcome to add to the repo.

Can you not just include the deb package that I compiled for mono similarly to what you did with the plex package?

The sonarr(nzbdrone) setup method I posted will work on all arm6 and arm7 systems, I assumed it could just be scripted and added to the repo, is there something else I'm missing?

Had found that one, will give it a go. btw noticing some issues with owncloud not having persmissions (despite me setting them in users), do you want me to post issues I find on git or in the forum?

How far are we with mono working and sonarr?

That's good news,I will add that information to the post.

What script did you use to build the minimal debian, I'm looking for one that is reliable and creates trimmed img files, seems elusive.