Posts by hedgehogspen

Version: 4.1.36-1 (Arrakis)

Kernel: Linux 4.19.0-0.bpo.9-amd64

Hi,

So, I have been chasing down an issue for some time now whereby my OMV media server won't WOL consistently when pinged either by my OSMC client, the TVHeadEnd server, or using the 'wolcmd' exe on a Windows machine. The OSMC client is set to WOL the OMV when OSMC starts up, as is the TVH server. The 'wolcmd' exe is from Depicus.

I've been playing with it tonight and have found the following:

1. With the OMV server running, I go into the web GUI and do 'Standby'...after this OSMC, TVH, and wolcmd will all start the OMV server no problem.

2. If I let autoshutdown do it's thing and go into 'Standby' none of OSMC, TVH, or wolcmd seem to be able to WOL the OMV server

I'm not sure if this is new behaviour or not, as I have regular recordings on TVH each morning that (mostly) record fine, and autoshutdown then puts the OMV server into standby.

That said, it does on occasion get to the point where I experience scenario 2 above, and none of OSMC, TVH, or wolcmd will wake OMV...I've been rebooting when I get to this state which seemed to solve it.

When I tried that tonight it didn't work, which led me to digging deeper and finding the above scenarios.

I did an update of all packages showing in the web GUI, so should be up-to-date...for V4 of OMV anyway.

I'm not sure where to look next to see what's going wrong in scenario 2...can anyone help?

Thanks!

Hi all,

got a problem I'm fairly sure you'll eb able to help with...

I want to clone the OMV boot drive to a smaller one, and everything I've read to date says to backup the drive using clonezilla (done and tested with no problems), use gparted to shrink the source, then use clonezilla to clone to the smaller drive.

The second step is where I hit a snag as all the options in gparted are greyed out for my source drive, I *think* because it is zfs?

Have I missed something obvious and if so what, or is it not going to work using gparted?

And if the latter, do I have any alternatives?

I'm running Erasmus (3.0.99).

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

first off apologies if this has been covered elsewhere and I've missed it!

I'm trying to install OMV onto a RAID 1 array, which is two small SSDs connected to a PCIe 2 port controller, which is using the Marvell 88SE9128 controller. According to the data sheet I downloaded this is hardware RAID, though I'm not convinced.

The method behind this madness was to leave the all the SATA ports on the motherboard free so I can max out the rAID 6 array I have planned to hold all my media.

Everything goes well during install until I get to grub, at which point I get 'grub-install /dev/sda failed' error message.

I've put the motherboard into legacy (from UEFI) to no effect, as I'd read this could potentially be the problem.

I'm installing from a USB stick built using rufus...there's no CD/DVD drive attached to the box though I can add one for installation if that will help.

I've not touched any variant of *nix in a long time (20 plus years) so please be gentle.

Happy to provide any further info that's required, and happy to take advice on alternatives to how I've planned to install OMV...though the obstinate part of me wants to do it this way now, just because :-)

Thanks in advance