Posts by oddity

Here is the output of dpkg -l | grep openmediavault

Code
    ii openmediavault 4.1.19-1 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-backup 4.0.5 all backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 4.1.15 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii openmediavault-plexmediaserver 3.8.2 all OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    ii openmediavault-shellinabox 3.4 all Web-based SSH client.
    ii openmediavault-snapraid 3.7.3 all snapraid plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-syncthing 3.11 all Syncthing plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-unionfilesystems 4.0.2 all Union filesystems plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-virtualbox 4.1.1 all VirtualBox plugin for OpenMediaVault.

I got virtualbox working ok by installing the backports using apt-get install -t stretch-backports linux-headers-amd64
    and then installing omv-extras from the command line.
    All the other plugins seem to have made it through the omv4 upgrade fine... they are just not showing as installed in the plugins list.
    Ie syncthing, snapraid, plex etc are all running

I've succesfully upgraded from omv3 to 4.1.19-1.
    My plugins all work fine.
    The only issue I have is that in the plugin list, none of my plugins are showing as installed.
    i.e., the plugins show up in the main menu on the left and are working fine. But when I browse through the plugins list, no plugins have anything in the "installed" column (previously in omv3, installed plugins had a green check mark).
    Is this a problem? If so, is there a way to fix it?
    Will I be able to update my plugins when upgrades are available?

In case anyone ever has a similar problem, I fixed this by the following steps:

1. Remove virtualbox plugin
    2. Restart
    3. Reinstall virtualbox plugin. This allowed my machine to restart but I had lost all my snapshots.
    4. To restore my latest snapshot I followed the steps here: https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80877
    This involved using clonevdi to create a new vdi file of the latest snapshot. I then made a new virtual machine from that file.

After working beautifully for many months, after restarting my OMV box my virtualbox VM will not restart.
    I get the following error:

"The virtual machine 'Barbelserve' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1)"

The details for this error are below and I've attached all the logs in the VM folder.

I'd really appreciate any help figuring out how to fix this..
    Thanks

Files

• VBox.log.1.txt

(134.6 kB, downloaded 337 times, last: )
    • VBox.log.2.txt

(229.23 kB, downloaded 233 times, last: )
    • VBox.log.3.txt

(115.8 kB, downloaded 212 times, last: )
    • VBox.log.txt

(130.29 kB, downloaded 379 times, last: )

try adding this to the options in your union filesystem window -

Code
    defaults,allow_other

I was also unable to share a mergefs pool on samba and this line above fixed the problem. Thanks!!
    This was a frustrating problem and I only found this post after a long search. I don't really understand the working of this plugin or samba very well, but I wonder if this could be made a default option to prevent others having this problem.

I also cannot connect to the webui. Everything else is working fine and this OMV machine has been running happily for many months until now. I have no idea what has caused this change.

Here is the output to the commands in the previous post:

any suggestions as to what I can try?

I've resolved this problem.
    I noticed I could connect fine from another machine. So I just cleared the cookies on the browser I was originally using and now it works fine.
    In my case this was nothing to do with the OMV machine. I think the problem was caused by upgrading to windows 10 on the client pc I was using.

I have the same problem - logins for sickrage and couchpotato stopped working. For me this happened since upgrading OMV to 2.1.8.

If I follow the directions above (stop sickrage, remove login/password/cookie line) then I can login to sickrage fine.
    But if I set a new username/password through the webUI then logout, the same problem occurs and I cannot login.
    So it works fine as long as no login details are set, but once I set login details I can no longer get in.

What could be happening here?