Posts by XbmcPlexer

Hi,

I'd like to be able to access my OMV's BD Drive in a new docker image I'm setting up. I've used this guide to set up the typical docker images - https://forum.openmediavault.o…ic-NZBGet-ruTorrent-Sona/ and wondering if there are any environmental variables that need to be addressed in order to access the BD Drive.

edit - just to add, these are the flags that need to be passed to the container - how would I do it through the gui?:
    --device /dev/srx \
    --device /dev/sgx \

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks!

Hi,

I am an old OMV user but new to docker. I love the potential here, and can clearly see that this is a great way forward for OMV.

I have been able to set up ruTorrent and successfully completed a download and unpack to my usual download folder. I have also installed Radarr, scanned in my library and configured it with ruTorrent as a download client. I have entered the correct host address and port, and left the URL at the default RPC2. When I test the connection I get success.

However, Radarr does not see the download in ruTorrent which I tagged with the radarr label - it is not showing up in the activity queue. I have searched and it might be something to do with the URL "RCP2" configured on the Radarr download client. I have come across this: "/path to ruTorrent/plugins/rpc/rpc.php" ... although I don't know the real path that docker installs this php.

Can someone please help me - what is the correct URL path to use and where does docker save the rpc.php file?

Thanks for any help

Hi,

Couch Potato requires an api call to search and import it's watched folder. It runs on startup, but I would like to be able to run the call on regular basis without having to restart CP.

The api call is:

http://IP:Port/api/API_#/renamer.scan

Can I do run this command as a scheduled task? Would I need to write a script? If so, can someone shed some light on the matter?

I figured out my error... my bad. I didn't create the proper databases to write to. Once I did that, it worked like a charm.

For anyone looking to do the same, here is what I did:

1. Install MYSQL plugin from the Extras repo.
    2. Enable it through OMV Gui and then open the MYSQL GUI in a new tab.
    3. Log in and create 2 databases (no caps):

• videodatabase
    • musicdatabase

4. Create a user called kodi with a password called kodi. I gave it a domain of %.
    5. Create the advancedsettings.xml and put it in userdata folder (google it).

Thanks!

I must be missing a step.. I gave user kodi basically global privileges through the web gui, and I gave it access to all databases there but I still can't write to the sql. Kodi just doesn't scan. Is there something on the OMV level that I need to do?

i created kodi using localhost for host..

Thank you again for your help, it's very much appreciated.

Hey guys,

Hope I could get some guidance. I just installed the MySQL plugin through the Extra's repot. I have enabled it and logged in through the GUI. I then created a user - kodi and then created a database called Test and gave kodi full access to it. (I did not create user kodi in omv)...

When I initially set up the MySQL plugin, I didn't have an option to enter database volume. All the guides I see online mention choosing one. Is there something I am missing?
    Do I need to provide write privileges to MySQL, and/or to user kodi?
    Am I missing anything else??? LOL!

Thanks for any help - and if someone can point me in the right direction that would rock.
    PS - I am not set on SQL, any alternative that works will be considered!

Cheers! :thumbup:

Hi everyone,

I would like to retire some older and smaller NAS drives to archive. Ideally, I would like to use Rsync to backup a 6TB folder to two 4TB drives. Is this possible?

I am under the impression that the backup destination has to be equal to or greater than the source, but I've also read online suggestions that Rsync has the flexibility to split the backup to multiple drives/destinations. Any one try this at all?

If Rsync isn't ideal for this, I am open to any suggestions. I also run OSX, and Linux on my network so it can be a solution using those os.

Thanks a lot for any and all advise.

Cheers!

:thumbup:

For sure it's ugly, but at least I still have all my data. Worst case I'll build a whole new array and copy the data over.

Let me ask you this, what do you use/recommend? And if you were in my situation what would you do?

Hello,

I am getting these errors when booting. It let's me CTRL D through them, but I am worried about the intergrity of my data and the stability of the machine. Would someone be able to help point me in the right direction? Is one of my HDDs about to go? I see sdc mentioned a lot.

As a note, this is one drive in an LVM.

Jul 19 07:35:03 ElServer rsyslogd: [origin software="rsyslogd" swVersion="5.8.11" x-pid="9836" x-info="http://www.rsyslog.com"] rsyslogd was HUPed
    Jul 19 07:35:05 ElServer ool openmediavault-webgui: Unknown or unsupported timezone [tz=US/Eastern]
    Jul 19 07:36:07 ElServer ool openmediavault-webgui: Unknown or unsupported timezone [tz=US/Eastern]
    Jul 19 07:37:09 ElServer ool openmediavault-webgui: Unknown or unsupported timezone [tz=US/Eastern]
    Jul 19 07:38:10 ElServer ool openmediavault-webgui: Unknown or unsupported timezone [tz=US/Eastern]
    Jul 19 07:39:01 ElServer /USR/SBIN/CRON[15508]: (root) CMD ( [ -x /usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime ] && [ -x /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean ] && [ -d /var/lib/php5 ] && /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean /var/lib/php5 $(/usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime))
    Jul 19 07:39:13 ElServer ool openmediavault-webgui: Unknown or unsupported timezone [tz=US/Eastern]
    Jul 19 07:40:15 ElServer ool openmediavault-webgui: Unknown or unsupported timezone [tz=US/Eastern]
    Jul 19 07:40:38 ElServer kernel: [574901.824669] end_request: I/O error, dev sdc, sector 0
    Jul 19 07:40:50 ElServer kernel: [574913.808571] end_request: I/O error, dev sdc, sector 0
    Jul 19 07:41:08 ElServer kernel: [574931.824310] end_request: I/O error, dev sdc, sector 0
    Jul 19 07:41:17 ElServer ool openmediavault-webgui: Unknown or unsupported timezone [tz=US/Eastern]
    Jul 19 07:41:23 ElServer kernel: [574946.800308] end_request: I/O error, dev sdc, sector 0
    Jul 19 07:42:19 ElServer ool openmediavault-webgui: Unknown or unsupported timezone [tz=US/Eastern]
    Jul 19 07:43:21 ElServer ool openmediavault-webgui: Unknown or unsupported timezone [tz=US/Eastern]
    Jul 19 07:44:23 ElServer ool openmediavault-webgui: Unknown or unsupported timezone [tz=US/Eastern]
    Jul 19 07:45:01 ElServer /USR/SBIN/CRON[15545]: (root) CMD (/usr/sbin/omv-mkgraph >/dev/null 2>&1)
    Jul 19 07:45:01 ElServer rrdcached[3504]: Received FLUSHALL
    Jul 19 07:45:25 ElServer ool openmediavault-webgui: Unknown or unsupported timezone [tz=US/Eastern]
    Jul 19 07:46:27 ElServer ool openmediavault-webgui: Unknown or unsupported timezone [tz=US/Eastern]
    Jul 19 07:47:19 ElServer kernel: [575302.800630] end_request: I/O error, dev sdc, sector 0
    Jul 19 07:47:30 ElServer ool openmediavault-webgui: Unknown or unsupported timezone [tz=US/Eastern]
    Jul 19 07:47:49 ElServer kernel: [575332.800301] end_request: I/O error, dev sdc, sector 0
    Jul 19 07:47:53 ElServer kernel: [575337.736250] sd 4:0:0:0: [sdc] Unhandled error code
    Jul 19 07:47:53 ElServer kernel: [575337.736261] sd 4:0:0:0: [sdc] Result: hostbyte=DID_BAD_TARGET driverbyte=DRIVER_OK
    Jul 19 07:47:53 ElServer kernel: [575337.736273] sd 4:0:0:0: [sdc] CDB: Write(10): 2a 00 89 43 0f 38 00 00 08 00
    Jul 19 07:47:53 ElServer kernel: [575337.736295] end_request: I/O error, dev sdc, sector 2302873400

I have a bunch of duplicate files and am wondering if someone can help recommend a program to remove duplicate files off my OMV server. I tried FSLint on ubuntu but I can not add the networked drive. I have it mounted in Samba.

Any current solutions - preferably a native OMV plugin that would do the trick? Or is there something I need to do in FSLint to add the networked share?

Thanks!

I definitely like the look of it also. Very sleek, modern, and I too am not a big fan of Metro. But you have something here for sure.

What are you plans on using it? Is this instead of the gui or a tool kit of some sort? I was looking at making a intranet page down the line that integrates all the OMV plugins - sort of like this, but with the ability to access all my files and watch my plex content.

Here is what I would try.

Format system drive
    Disconnect all data drives and only leave usb installer and formated system drive.
    Install omv.
    reboot
    login to web gui.
    If successful power down through web gui
    reconnect your data drives and boot to bios.
    make sure you have your boot priorities set correctly
    reboot
    success!