Beiträge von gadric

Well, I have 2 OMV setups here. One OMV in bridge-mode, one in normal mode. In terms of base OS and OMV setup, they are the same (except network).

On the normal one, I do not have these issues. On the bridge mode one, this is the 2nd time I had this issue. That made me suspicious.

Problem solved. It seems to be related to the fact that I have a bridged Network set up in OMV (because of Home Assistant in KVM). Somehow system-resolved.service was removed and I had no Internet connection. Local network access was working.

I downloaded system-resolved directly from Debian: https://packages.debian.org/bullseye-backports/amd64/systemd-resolved/download

Then upload it to OMV and executed: dpkg -i [tt]systemd-resolved_252.4-1~bpo11+1_amd64.deb

Reboot and everything worked again.

Hi,

I am currently facing a strange issue. I ran apt update in the cli and it always showed me this:

Also ping google.com results in: ping: google.com: Name or service not known

After a little bit of digging I found out that my systemd-resolved is missing:

Code
    root@xxxxxx:~# systemctl status systemd-resolved
    Unit systemd-resolved.service could not be found.

how can I fix this? omv-firstaid did not help

This guide was inspired by the [GUIDE] Use Telegram as notification service by subzero79. I used Telegram for a long time. But due to a more privacy and data protection approach of Signal, I switched to Signal Messenger.

What you need

• A free phone number
    • curl
    • Remote ssh access with sudo access
    • Docker

Signal does not offer a bot service, so we need to have an extra number to act as the bot. There are a couple of service providers which offers free phone numbers. Should be easy to obtain an extra number.

Once you have the extra number, connect to your OMV instance via ssh and then install docker:

Code
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install docker-ce docker-ce-cli containerd.io

bbernhard created a signal-cli wrapper which offers a rest-api: https://github.com/bbernhard/signal-cli-rest-api. This will be used to send the notifications over Signal.

To start the port using this command

Code
    docker run \
      --name "/signal-cli-rest-api" \
      --volume "<config_path>:/home/.local/share/signal-cli" \
      --restart "unless-stopped" \
      --port "8080:8080" \
      "bbernhard/signal-cli-rest-api:latest"

To register the number, follow the official guide: https://github.com/bbernhard/s…ob/master/doc/EXAMPLES.md

Once this is done, we can create our script

nano /usr/share/openmediavault/notification/sink.d/10signal

Then paste this content into the file:

Save the file

Then the script needs to be made executable:

chmod 700 /usr/share/openmediavault/notification/sink.d/10signal

Can you try moving: /usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep/autoshutdown-restart to /lib/systemd/system-sleep/autoshutdown-restart as in the 5.1.7 update we move to systemd start-up what than pm-utils. if this work you should see the script (above autoshutdown-restart) write a log entry to /var/log/autoshutdown.log on the restart if this is not logged the the scripts if still falling for some reason. Also can you verify you are using 'systemctl suspend' command.

Please leave feedback if the above works and raze bug in: https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…enmediavault-autoshutdown and i jump on a fix ASAP

I got this working, but not with this solution.

In /usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep/ and in /lib/systemd/system-sleep/ the same file existed.

What I did: chmod +x /lib/systemd/system-sleep/autoshutdown-restart not the /usr/... .

Now it seems to work again.

Hi,

I have a problem with the most recent version of autoshutdown plugin. If worked perfect since a couple of years. With the most recent version (5.1.7) it behaves strange. When the system wakes up from sleep mode, then the plugin is inactive. `systemctl status autoshutdown.service` Shows `inactive`. In this state, my system wont get back to sleep again. I have to activate is manually.

Any ideas?

Hi,

I have been using custom notification with telegram following this guide: [GUIDE] Use Telegram as notification service. This works very good also with OMV5.

However, I am thinking to switch to Signal Messenger. I thought I could use a similar approach. I have duplicated the Telegram OMV sink.d file and inserted this code for signal:

Bash
    #!/bin/bash

sender="+49xxxxxx"
    recipiant="+49yyyyyyy"

echo -e "${OMV_NOTIFICATION_SUBJECT} on the ${OMV_NOTIFICATION_DATE} \n\n $(cat ${OMV_NOTIFICATION_MESSAGE_FILE})" |signal-cli -u $sender send $recipiant

However, this script seems not to be triggered.

I tested already manual message sending with signal which works very well. Also using this commands it works without any issues:

Code
    export OMV_NOTIFICATION_SUBJECT=test
    export OMV_NOTIFICATION_DATE=testdate
    export OMV_NOTIFICATION_MESSAGE_FILE=/tmp/testfile 

/usr/share/openmediavault/notification/sink.d/./20signal

Any idea why it does not work automatically with custom notification and sink scripts?

Hi,

Since a couple of days I ran into a strange „problem“. In OMV WebGUI or using df in the console, it reports my /dev/sda1 mounted in /boot/efi as nearly full

However, Checking with du, orgparted  reports something completed different:

Code
    root@xxxxxxxx:~# du -sh /boot/efi/
    5.2M    /boot/efi/

I already purged old Kernels and also did apt-get autoremove and rebooted a couple of times. Nothing helped so far.

Anyone has an idea?

3.7.6 appears to have fixed everything but the Diff script is still issuing the same error at line 490.

Same error here.

ah I see. Maybe the unisonFS plugin is the problem. Can you please post your fstab config ? I would like to check if something in my config is wrong.

my config look is this:

Code
    /srv/dev-disk-by-label-xxxx:/srv/dev-disk-by-label-xxxx:/srv/dev-disk-by-label-xxxx:/srv/dev-disk-by-label-xxxx:/srv/dev-disk-by-label-xxxx:/srv/dev-disk-by-label-xxxx /srv/yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy fuse.mergerfs defaults,allow_other,direct_io,use_ino,category.create=mfs,minfreespace=500G 0 0