Posts by Dagavie

Hey Guys, I am stuck at the start. I installed Docker and activated Docker GUI in the Dashboard, but know I dont know how to grab the docker image and install the container. Could you provide me the neccessary steps. It would be highly appreaciated. Cheers, David

Hey fellow It-Nerds and Nerdellas,
    My name ist David and I am a social worker from germany with a little bit of IT knowledge, but I am not a Power User.
    I only know and learn what I need to run a system that fits my needs. And because of that I fell in love with OMV three years ago when I decided to move my personal data from the cloud to my local network.
    I built a small PC for 500 bucks (Asrock embedded Mini ITX Board Q1900B-ITX with 4GB of RAM and 3TB WD RED as RAID1) and tried different systems on it.
    However after trying out Owncloud and other Groupwares, I stuck with Seafile, because it was the most reliable and powerful cloud solution.
    I reached transfer speeds of 100MB/s and had absolutely no problems in three years of heavy use (more than 8 librariers with more than 2TB of storage from small files like website and wordpress backups to big files like OMF and Media Archives).
    I only run Plex Media Server next to seafile server on omv2. So my laptop, my Digital Audio Workstation and my Office-PC all did backups on the server (n+3).
    That is because I roasted my Harddisk some years ago and that was very traumatic. So three years ago I followed the guide on this forum on how to set up Seafile-Server with nginx and apache.
    I then switched to OMV3 during the time and had no problems at all. However OMV3 has reached EoL and so I had to switch to version 4. I just tried to refollow the guide on how to install Seafile-Server, but was unsuccessful this time.
    So I did a lot of research and learned about docker and the new seafile-server-7 which runs as a docker container and needs separat containers for the database and caching
    ("Starting with 7.0, we have adjusted seafile-docker image to use multiple containers. The old image runs MariaDB-Server and Memcached in the same container with Seafile server. Now, we strip the MariaDB-Server and Memcached services from the Seafile image and run them in their respective containers.")
    So I tried to install Seafile in a docker image using the GUI, I added a user, a database and all but it won't work! My Installation has a fixed IP and a fixed hostname, but my clients don't find any server.
    I think someone who is inside the whole docker topic knows how to setup the server within minutes, but I for myself are stuck at the moment. The Seafile documentation is really basic and says to install docker-composer first. Is this the way to go for getting the server installed on omv4? Any help or explaination how to begin and which route to follow would be extremely nice!
    I will try to experiment on my system ( I did a reset for th 9th time by now :-)) and if I will be successfull, I will of course share my ideas for the community to profit.
    Thank you very much!
    Cheers,

David

I had the same problem with connection loss and driver unloading after copying files to a share via windows 10 explorer.
    For me the installation of the backport kernel 3.16 improved the stability of the system, but didn't completely solved the issue.

I found out that even the 3.16 kernel loads the driver version rt8169 instead of the original driver rt8168.

I followed this tutorial and installed the correct version:

http://www.fene-blog.de/linux/…it-realtek-r8169-beheben/

I just did a clean install after purging the plex-package and all I had to do was to copy the "/plexmediaserver/Library" folder. I made a backup, deleted all the folders, reinstalled plex and moved the Library folder to the new plexmediafolder. The scenario is quiet similar as moving to another server. You should give it a try.

Does anyone have a copy of the tutorial. The website is down for a while and I searched the web for another tutorial, but everyone mentions the link above :-(.
    I've also tried to install seafile as usual in debian via ssh, but I have no permission to install, even as root user, using sudo etc.
    Kind regards,
    David