Posts by Alternativende

Hi foks,

as i tried to update my OMV5 to the latest stuff i got this error when upgrading openmediavault-minidlna:

I would love to supply more logs, but couldn´t find anything so far...

Any idea what could gone wrong here?

Greetings

Ok thanks for all the informations! I really appreciate this!

You will have to set it up from the command line unless you use zfs.

Why is that so?
    I thought i could maybe pass-through my data drives that i have now and kinda like reconnect or open them from OMV, cause i would like to restore (fsarchiver) my installation i have now inside the VM, if possible.

I think i can not afford ZFS, because of 40TB storage space i would need about what? 45GB of RAM :D.

Hello guys,

i´ve found a lot of topics about installing OMV "inside" of Proxmox, but today i would like to ask the other way round.

Is it possible to add Proxmox to OMV5 without crashing everything?

Here is the reason why i wanna do this:

I have a backup machine running Bareos on a Proxmox server. Sad but true, this Proxmox server is quite old and need to be replaced. So i thought it would be really cool to let this Bareos machine run on the same server where the backups are stored, which is OMV5 apparently. This would speed up the thing a little bit i hope and i would not have to invest in a Proxmox server just for this one task.

I know that there is Cockpit now available for OMV5, but some important features are missing right now, so i thought a "simple" Proxmox-GUI would make it easier for me.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Edit:

Red Hat Documentation, Limitiations with Cockpit

Hello guys,

i have a some kind of big problem here.

I created a shared folder and missed out that there was an ' at the end of it.

Now im not able to delete or rename this shared folder, so what do i do?

Here is the error i get: https://pastebin.com/pjF9LcdA

Please help, i kind of need this thing to get working... Thanks!

Edit:

Got it. I´ve just edited the config.xml and changed the name of the share in there. No problems, but maybe a hint for you guys for not allowing characters like ' or ´ in a share.

Thanks for your GREAT WORK, i like version 5 very much!

Hello guys,
    i want to update my Docker container from linuxserver/nextcloud without loosing my little private cloud and im really confused. I already have downloaded/updated the image as you can see on the image.

Now i wanna access the data volumes with the new image, as far as i read is this the way to go with docker, right?

Can i do this update of the underlaying image for my nextcloud from the OMV-Gui?

Follow up question: How :D ?

Would be great if someone could help me out with that...

Greetings!

Bildschirmfoto_2020-01-27_17-35-36.png

Bildschirmfoto_2020-01-27_17-35-07.png

Hello people,
    i want to create a LV with two 10TB drives which should be mirrored on two other 10TB drives. I wanna use these 20TB in one VG with one filesystem. So far so good, but i can´t find an option to create a LVM mirror in OMV.

Is it even possible to do so?

Im really new with LVM so please be patient :).

Thanks in advance!

Hello guys,
    i have a problem with our NAS here on work, which isn´t generating the graphs it should with rrd.

Everytime i hit the update button in the WebUI, i get something like this

Code
    Apr 30 13:30:01 SERVER rrdcached[6918]: queue_thread_main: rrd_update_r (/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/rrdcached/operations-write-data_sets.rrd) failed with status -1. (/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/rrdcached/operations-write-data_sets.rrd: illegal attempt to update using time 1525087482 when last update time is 1543947137 (minimum one second step))
    Apr 30 13:30:01 SERVER rrdcached[6918]: queue_thread_main: rrd_update_r (/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/rrdcached/operations-write-updates.rrd) failed with status -1. (/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/rrdcached/operations-write-updates.rrd: illegal attempt to update using time 1525087482 when last update time is 1543947137 (minimum one second step))
    Apr 30 13:30:01 SERVER rrdcached[6918]: queue_thread_main: rrd_update_r (/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/rrdcached/queue_length.rrd) failed with status -1. (/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/rrdcached/queue_length.rrd: illegal attempt to update using time 1525087482 when last update time is 1543947137 (minimum one second step))

I have googled around but couldn´t find any helpful information about this, besides this ( https://emacstragic.net/2012/0…update-using-time-errors/ ). But that didn´t helped me either.

My collectd.conf looks like this now:

Hello guys,
    i had to replace a 4TB drive today with a 8TB model, my problem is now that i can´t remove the drive from the webinterface right now. When i try to delete it i get this:

1 - 5 von 5 angezeigt
    Failed to get the filesystem implementation for '0b564083-547c-4db3-9e3f-71bac6e2502f' or the filesystem does not exist.
    Fehler #0:exception 'OMV\Exception' with message 'Failed to get the filesystem implementation for '0b564083-547c-4db3-9e3f-71bac6e2502f' or the filesystem does not exist.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/filesystem.inc:855Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/fstab.inc(84): OMV\System\Filesystem\Filesystem::assertGetImpl('0b564083-547c-4...')#1 [internal function]: OMVModuleFsTab->deleteEntry(Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/engine/module/moduleabstract.inc(145): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/fstab.inc(44): OMV\Engine\Module\ModuleAbstract->execTasks('delete')#4 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(147): OMVModuleFsTab->stopService()#5 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)#6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)#8 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc(772): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChanges', Array, Array)#9 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->delete(Array, Array)#10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('delete', Array, Array)#12 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(516): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('FileSystemMgmt', 'delete', Array, Array, 1)#13 {main}

The old drive isn´t available anymore.
    So what should i do? I think the reallocating of the NFS shares did go well, but i haven´t restarted the machine yet and the shares are empty right now.

Thanks

Edit:
    When i reboot OMV runs into a kernel panic, the only way i found to boot is by uncommenting the missing drive in the fstab. After doing this OMV is booting again, but it undoes the changes i've made to the FSTAB and im having the same problem again.

So where do i have to delete the missing drive once and for all so that OMV is booting again?