Posts by JSKershaw

I have expanded my hard drive space in RAID 5 by adding a 5th 3TB drive. I wasn't able to do this within the GUI as I was able to expand in OMV2. I had to use the command line to expand the RAID

Code
    mdadm --add /dev/md127 /dev/sdb
    mdadm --grow /dev/md127 --raid-devices=5

Here's the details on the clean RAID5

Now when I go to the file systems menu in the GUI of OMV3 I click on my File System and select Resize (see attachment).

I get this error:
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; xfs_growfs '/srv/dd3de295-9705-4573-b299-53e77a01fada' 2>&1' with exit code '1': xfs_growfs: /srv/dd3de295-9705-4573-b299-53e77a01fada is not a mounted XFS filesystem

Code
    Error #0:
    exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; xfs_growfs '/srv/dd3de295-9705-4573-b299-53e77a01fada' 2>&1' with exit code '1': xfs_growfs: /srv/dd3de295-9705-4573-b299-53e77a01fada is not a mounted XFS filesystem' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/xfs.inc(37): OMV\System\Process->execute()
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc(681): OMV\System\Filesystem\Xfs->grow()
    #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->resize(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('resize', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('FileSystemMgmt', 'resize', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

Would it be safe to resize the file system in the command line using:

Code
    xfs_growfs /dev/md127

I want the file system to take all the available space on the RAID so I don't need to specify the size, correct?

I have used this tread to get me this far. I just don't want to mess up my file system at this junction.

Thanks in advance

Attached is the output from apt-get update

Files

• output.txt

(10.28 kB, downloaded 144 times, last: )

with the apt-get update the amount of text is too long to post here. But the phantom update is still listed

Here's the output and when I log back into OMV I have the same update still showing.

I seem to have the same update sitting in my OMV Update Management section as well. It has a size of 0.00B and I can't remove it from the list as it won't install. I have tried Apt Clean and Refresh and neither seem to work as the update is still sitting there.

Any idea on how I can remove the update from the list? It looks like it's coming from the Mono Repo (see attached image).

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I just updated to 1.4.1 using the dpkg and it worked flawlessly. Good to know that I have this option if I have a problem with the public release or want an option only available in the plexpass version.

Since this worked on my system and a couple of others, I think it maybe safe to pull the package from the plex repo for OMV3 installs.

Thanks again for your help!

LOL, I paid for a lifetime membership about 3/4 years ago. You also get all their apps for free etc. Due to the amount I use Plex, it has paid for it's self time over time. I think of it helping with development!

With all the help you have given, is there a way to show my gratitude to you and OMV?

Thanks for your help!

@ryecoaaron I can confirm that the official package works on OMV 3. I just did a test and the transcoder also works without any issues.

By removing the key line in the add repo section will it have have any future issues? Why do we need it or don't need it? This is really just for my knowledge and curiosity.

So now I have version plexmediaserver (1.3.4.3285-b46e0ea) showing in the Update Management section of plex. All I did was remove the repo key line in the add repo section.

Before I go ahead and update is this the current version? I remembered when I went to the plex.tv site to download the Ubuntu version I saw version 1.4.1. This seems to be a different version.