Posts by hammondb4

Hello to all,
    I'm looking for a little help with a problem with virtualbox and networking.

I have a succesfully running machine with Windows 10 set up with bridged networking. It gets and ip from dhcp in the rank 192.168.0.x and it can ping the host machine ip, the gateway (router) ip, my laptop ip and google ip, so it has connection to the lan network and internet.

The problem is that I can't ping from host to virtual machine guest ip or from other computer in the network to the vm guest ip, so i can't accest it.
    I try to figure out if it's a omv firewall problem but I can't find the solution.

What is the reason why the guest can get and ip from dhcp and ping other machine,s but the others could reach it? Is something blocking connections to the guest?

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Hi Ken,
    What I should do to use more space, of the sdcard in my case is the following:
    1. Write image to sdcard with Win32diskimager (or your standard procedure in linux).
    2. First boot your board (rpi, pine,...), that will run a script to use all space.
    3. Remove card and insert into a linux machine, to use gparted (sometimes I use gparted live)
    4. Use gparted to resize partition 2 and 3. Resize partition 3 to use less space, and 2 ('omv', is for system /) for use more space.
    5. Insert card again, boot and that's all.

If you are using a emmc I assume you could do the same steps.
    Greetings,
    David.

Hello,
    I'm having problems with usb serial in the latest image for raspberry, 3.0.88. I have my usb-serial adapters working in a raspberry that runs 3.0.63 image.
    Today I installed new 3.0.88 image on other rpi3 and they don't work. 'lsusb' and 'dmesg' show that usb are being recognized ok, but they aren't mounted as ttyUSBx as usual.
    I checked modules.conf loading on init and added usbserial but no luck....will try to update my old 3.0.63 to the latest and try to check if it is a kernel problem.
    Any one could check it?
    Greentings,
    David.

I used this steps (no changing sources) and I can confirm it's possible to compile kernel 4.4 on a OMV 2.1 fresh install.
    Greetings.

EDIT: seems my dvb device isn't recognized with compiled 4.4 but is recognized with 4.1.7 provided by user stone49th. I'm trying to compile with 4.1.7 config, also used menuconfig to make sure dvb drivers are enabled in kernel...
    EDIT2: successfully compiled kernel 4.4 using 4.1.7 config. DVB device T230 working again in Stoneburner 2.1.24. Actually my first 'semi-custom' kernel....A lot of thanks to @stone49th and @Terminator

That is risky running 3.x with that many services... I would use the backports 4.3 kernel. I know I don't test with a self compiled kernel so that would just take one more thing out of the equation when fixing bugs.

Two things... make sure the external vdr is NOT in the sources anymore and make sure the package you installed is from the debian repos.

Yes, I'm running on the 4.3 backports kernel. VDR installed from plugin manager.....

I was using vdr plugin with OMV 2.x and kernel 4.1.7 for a while without any problems.
    Now I updated to OMV 3.0.4 with vdr plugin 3.0 and when I try to search for channels it says: 'main:3107: FATAL: UNKNOWN VDR VERSION'
    I wanna report it and ask if anyone tried it with success....

Ok, please go back to stock kernel, reboot and then try to buid the 4.1.15. This is most likely the broken libc in my old packages. Sorry Mate :)

Just missing kernel options in OMV webgui to choose kernel and then I installed backports kernel....for my surprise the backports kernel it's updated to 4.3.0....
    Will run with this one to try how it goes.....

Hm, this is strange, the source shouldn't be altered at all if you dont run ./autogen.sh manually. Did you try to do this as root? If not, could you try it as root, and as root in /root/ to see if this a permission issue?

If not, and if you used my previous kernel packages, please build a new kernel first with the new scripts....the old ones were not that great...because of this whole libc idiot move I did...

Yes, always doing it as root, and not using ./autogen.sh.
    Tried to compile a kernel with your script instructions in /root using step-by-step and get error in 'make menuconfig':

Ok. Sorry, I overlooked your error in the btrfs-tools build. Can you try to start clean, deleting the source folder and the downloaded files and start over again?

I got the same error than before running the btrfs tools script.
    Also running the command 'dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc' in btrfs-tools_4.3-1 dir shows this:

ATTACHED: config.log

Files

OK. Sorry for not specifying the machine. It's the second from my signature, the i5. I'm not using audio, and hdmi output only for emergency console operations.
    Will try to check if I can get rid of some errors.
    Thank you.

Here the 'dmesg | grep error', just one line:
    [ 2.231418] EXT4-fs (sda1): re-mounted. Opts: errors=remount-ro
    Here the 'dmesg | grep fail':

No results 'critical'.
    Do you think one of these should be solved to compile successfully?

Just a quick sidenote: Depending on how new your hardware is or how often non-free updates are published and required by the kernel, it *might* be necessairy, to look out for dmesg entries for microcode.
    Example: My MB has a Intel 7260 WiFi onboard. The microcode revision required by the kernel was missing (not that I was using the device, but anyway, I dont like errors in dmesg...). Just run these with the new kernel, to check if something is missing or not in place. Firmware can be downloaded on a per file basis from the kernel homepage directly. Just google for it according to the dmesg entry.

Code
    dmesg | grep error
    dmesg | grep fail
    dmesg | grep critical

Hi @stone49th
    I was triying to compile using your scripts and I found in my case that it's necessary to include in build_btrfs_tools.sh to 'apt-get install' the 'devscripts' package because it includes the 'dget' downloader and without it the script crashes.
    Thank you for your scripts. Would be nice to move to latest version of kernel.
    Greeetings.

EDIT: Now the script runs but it can't compile the package. I append the result from running the script. Maybe you can help a little....

There's a bug report openend as @ryecoaaron said.

Also I can confirm the bug with OMV 2.07 and the xfs filesystem. It's giving me a similar error when trying to edit ACLs.
    I made a test with a new disk, and if I create the filesystem with ext4 I can edit ACLs, but not with XFS, it crashes and reports and error like @devilmax wrote.
    Hoping an update to fix this.

Greetings,
    David.

First of all, I'm not a linux expert, but tryed to read as many as I can before doing any step.
    I tryied symlinking mcmyadmin folder to an external mcmyadmin folder (a copy of the original with -a to save permissions) located in my data disk where I can mount samba/nfs folders.
    From the plugin the service seems to start but when opening web interface no page appears. Testing with the original mcmyadmin folder works, but not from the symlinked folder.
    I haven't try harlink but I read it cannot work on folders, just files.
    Maybe someone can try it and post the right method to do it....

EDIT: @WastlJ What I want is not only mount the folder on samba, the main reason is to avoid putting data on the OS disk, I want to put the data on the data disks.... help would be appreciated

It hapenned to me once, and I could not find solution. Just a fresh reinstall.
    @davidh2k, it's possible to move mcmyadmin default install dir to a different one?
    I want to put it in my data disk, not my os disk, so I could also mount it via samba. I tried to symlink, mcmyadmin service seems to start from plugin but I cannot access to the webpage.
    Could it be a permission problem? How can I move mcmyadmin dir?
    Thanks!