Beiträge von slobberbone

@iddqd : No problems, I have to fix many things in the postrm file ... try to remove dockerUI, just if the container is still here ... stop it before ... etc !
    I've got some time to pass on it now. Why do you want to remove it ? you don't find what you want with the plugin ?

Regards,

I think, you have differents problems ...
    first of all, uninstall all docker component. You have to check containers running with the command :

docker ps
    You should have th list of containers running.
    docker stop IDOFCONTAINER will stop it, you can use docker rm ID_OR_NAMEOFCONTAINER to remove it.
    after that, you should do : apt-get remove openmediavault-docker without any problems except if you have installed other containers and they are still running ! In that case, you have to stop it (at least, may be remove it) to remove docker.

In htat case you have a problem with the SSL certificate, I don't think is linked with docker ...

I answer to myself :

I've got a server in a server provider named OVH with specifi kernels, I choose Debian 7 64 bits for installation then I've done this to have a fully OMV on the server

I follow these steps :

Now I can install all applications I want via Docker !!! YEAH !

If I 've createe a plugin successful for one docker, with the possibilty to activate the container as a service, it would be esay to clone it for each docker image you want ...
    I've got still some work to do ...

I'm trying to create plugin for different docker container ... but if you want to test it, you can use terminal and use docker !

- docker run : allow to create a container from an image, if the image is not already download, docker run download it, then start it automatically.
    - once the container created, you can start and stop it with docker start or docket start. You can also use dockerUI to start or stop.

Here an example to install different containers for Jeedom an Home Automation Service :

Code
    docker run -d --name jeedom-mysql -e MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=set_a_password -v /media/RAID_volume_like_f65f6a6b183e31b/Jeedom-mysql:/var/lib/mysql mysql:5.6.21

Docker will download the image with a database MySQL needed by Jeedom, then create a container with a password set by you and a folder mapping between /media/RAID_volume_like_f65f6a6b183e31b/ (your NAS volume) and the data directory of MySQL var/lib/mysql.

Code
    docker run --name jeedom-data -v /media/RAID_volume_like_f65f6a6b183e31b/Jeedom-data:/usr/share/nginx/www/jeedom --link jeedom-mysql:mysql cquad/jeedom-data

Here, Dokcer download an image, then create a container to manage data of Jeedom (webapp)

Code
    docker run -d --name jeedom-web  --volumes-from jeedom-data --link jeedom-mysql:mysql -p 80:80 -p 8070:8070  cquad/jeedom-web

Now a last container to have the servie truned on with dependancy to the 2 previous container with a mapping of port, it's possible to map USB device like file/folder mapping.

That's all, you can after that create an init file with command line like :

To start Jeedom :

Code
    docker start jeedom-mysql ; docker start jeedom-data ; docker start jeedom-web ;

To stop Jeedom :

Code
    docker stop jeedom-mysql ; docker stop jeedom-data ; docker stop jeedom-web ;

A mix between these ideas ...
    I think, I'll keep the docker plugin like actually, then create new one for LMS for example and be able to configure some config like forward port, mapping for directory between host and container, then the possibility to create the container with these options.
    Then the start/stop should be manage by dockerUI or shipyard provides by docker plugin.

If you have better ideas, I listen !

Hi folks !

Have you any template or sample to have a configuration page for a docker plugin ?
    I would like to be able to edit an config file for a dockerized application then creat container from this page ...

Thanks in advance !

Thank you for the explanation ! I'll change it !

For the network plugin, one interface can only be in one bridge ... so if you use Virtualbox and one of your VM used bridge mode ofr network you will have problem ... (some fix to virtualbox for no crash will be published)

Like said @tekkb you can use another interface (a new one) ...
    May be the easiest way is to install virtualbox in a container ... with this : https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/esben/vboxinsidedocker/ then : https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/clue/phpvirtualbox/ and https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/clue/vboxwebsrv/ after that, virtualbox is a docker plugin ... not a simple plugin ...

@oddity : it should be working ! after that the container expose the vnc port 5900 to let you access to the gui like local install ...
    @suprstar : it seems packages are not yet on OMV repository ... if you're ok with that, you could install temporary package openmediavault-docker-repo or just add docker repository in your source.list like this :

Code
    $ wget https://get.docker.com/gpg
        # apt-key add gpg
        # echo "deb ${url}ubuntu docker main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/docker.list
    #apt-get update

If you're interested : Plugin Docker
    I can see to use shipyard instead of DockerUI ... but I don't know whom much shipyard is better than DockerUI ... if it's just for design ... or because of more functionality .

For now, I use dockerui, that works fine and it's simple ... I would develop another tab to configure the default storage for container for decker, after that for each openmediavault-docker-{plugin} I would have a tab to configure some elements for docker too (for example, I'm on transmission stuff and I want to configure directory and other things like ports for docker mapping. After, speed limits and Co will be customized by Transmission UI directly . If someone want to integrate all in OpenMediaVault webUI source will be on github ;) !

I think I will create some docker-plugins like :
    - Transmission
    - Calibre
    - LMS
    - OwnCloud
    - TeamPass
    - Shaarli/ShaarliSQL
    - LeBonCoinRSS
    - A SMTP Server with WebUI (don't know which ... ?)

If some of you want to made one of them, let me know ! If you have other idea (it's better if the app already exists on docker hub ...) say it here !

Another point, How do you think we should manage the auto start of docker ?

A script called in rc.d ? let the user start it manually trought DockerUI (DockerUi auto start with option : --restart=always)

Or dockerUI always started with the option : --restart=always on docker command at the installation then let manage the start/stop manually with dockerUI, and add an option to docker to start auto after reboot/boot, docker container started before with a config in :/etc/default/docker.io which I can made in docker-plugin.

sudo nano /etc/default/docker.io
    And change or add the following : DOCKER_OPTS="-r=true"

This second way delegate all container docker managment to the docker plugin with dockerUI, Is it ok for you ?

I've used the 1.18 of OVM-extra then check docker repository then install openmediavault-plugin and it works fine from an OMV fresh install. (I don't test with docker testing).

Ok dpkg maange dependencies like rpm ... so it's fine.

here the dependancies : curl, apparmor, apt-transport-https, ca-certificates, lxc-docker

So after some tests, it's fully works !

I've commit, then you can try this deb for test : https://drive.google.com/open?…FhRX1JoVG1WQ3M&authuser=0

After that, I would be able to add a configuration tab to manage config of docker ...

Then we should be able to create docker-plugin like openmediavault-docker-transmissionbt, openmediavault-docker-shaarliSQL, openmediavault-docker-teampass, openmediavault-docker-owncloud, etc ...

first question : who to manage docker-plugin dependencies, if I remove openmediavault-docker how detect all : openmediavault-docker-transmissionbt etc ... and remove it ? or just stop it ???

It's just a warning ... so it would be not important for the next ...

I have a docker plugin for omv-extra working fine now, I've just a problem for redirect nasip/dockerui/ to naspi:9200/ ...
    It was ok at one time, but, I had problem after that in dockerui, when it call json, withou 9200 port ... so error 500 ...

If a Nginx expert pass here it would be helpful ;)

I commit my changes to have a working plugin, just the gui not reachabe from OMV wbegui without port ...