Posts by nasty_vibrations

I'm not using AUFS.

Now that the owner has changed you will have to delete the files via cli unless your change owner back to ulf

What if I just let the owner as it is now: root??
    I don't really understand what you mean here. What should chown and/or chmod for files/folders be like to be ok for Emby??
    If I move new stuff to the music folder ls -l gives me the following:

Code
    drwx------ 3 ulf users 4096 Jul 3 2014 Albert Hammond Jr
    drwx------ 3 ulf users 4096 Feb 14 2011 Arcade Fire
    drwxrwsr-x 7 root users 4096 Aug 11 2013 Michael Jackson
    drwxr-xr-x 2 ulf users 4096 Nov 5 21:53 test

Albert Hammond and Arcade Fire were newly copied to the NAS, Michael Jackson is the folder that was 'repaired' by the permission reset and test is a folder I just created on my mac over smb.

hey, sorry for the late response. was busy working and taking care of my sick daughter...

well, there we go. I went to the media folder and checked permissions and, indeed, ../movies was owned by ulf:users, whereas ../media (the shared folder) is owned by root:users. So, I set back the permissions as you suggested and it's all working now.
    So, all the folders and subfolders in my shared folder have to be owned by root, is this right?

So, if I go on and copy more stuff to, let's say the music folder, I will have to set back permissions again for the shared folder, right?
    If so, maybe this should be documented somewhere?

Best regards

Hello everybody,

i created a media share for emby according to the guide from @tekkb and i was able to connect to it via smb from my macbook. Inside the media folder I created the subfolders ../music and ../videos/movies and copied one movie file and one music album to my omv server. I think this should be ok.
    I installed emby, created an user (named the same as the one in omv) and two libraries, one for movies and one for music. This also seems to work, as I can see the shared folder with both subfolders in emby.
    Buuuut...I don't see any media...neither under Filme nor under Musik...!? It seems the library scan doesn't find anything.

Hope to get some help. Thanks a lot!

Hey,

after successfully installing OMV 2.1 on a Samsung SSD 850 EVO I recognized that the related entry in /etc/fstab doesn't contain the 'discard' option. Isn't the SSD supposed to be recognized automatically during installation? I think I read something like this somewhere here. Does the missing entry mean it isn't properly recognized? Can I simply add the 'discard, noatime' options into the related fstab-entry or isn't it needed anyway with modern SSD's? I'm using the standard kernel 3.2 that gets shipped with OMV. Do I need to install the backports kernel?

Thanks for any help.
    Greetings

Did you have success installing Seafile this way?
    I'm still unsure if I should first install omv and then Seafile or the other way around starting with a clean wheezy install, then using the Installation scripts of Seafile and then subsequently install omv.

@votdev is there any news if or when Seafile will be 'plugable'?

greetings

The disk is formatted, yes. Two partitions, ext4.

if blkid doesn't work but you can still mount those disks with cli

Although blkid doesn't show anything, lsblk shows the disk and the two partitions inside the CT if I pass these to the CT using your suggested method with passing block device to CT. If I just create the bind mount, neither blkid nor lsblk shows anything. So, I guess, the first method is the one to be used, i.e. passing /dev/sdb and its partition /dev/sdb2 into the CT and the mount /dev/sdb2. That is all working...

You'll need to add the entry in config.xml

That's the next thing to do, I guess. So.. :-) ..how do I do that? Where in this file do I have to add it, and what?

Thanks a lot, so far.... Although I still got a lot of things that are not working (DNS, I can ping IP, but no hostname), you already helped me in understanding what is going on here. Thanks for your patience.

Also I found this explaining how to pass block devices to container download.swsoft.com/virtuozzo/…/en/lin/VzLinuxUG/328.htmmaybe that can help

That did help a little, I guess. After executing this command my Container can see /dev/sdb, /dev/sdb1 and /dev/sdb2. This is good, right? /dev/sdb is my first HDD and that's what OMV wants, doesn't it?
    So I mounted /dev/sdb2 into a folder inside the CT and df -h also lists it.

...But inside the OMV GUI, if I go to filesystems, I still get the error message:

I just read in another thread about one guy who had the same error with

Code
    omv-initsystem

as I did, namely

Code
    run-parts: /usr/share/openmediavault/initsystem/60rootfs exited with return code 1

Except that his script exited with return code 2 and mine does exit with return code 1.
    @votdev asked him to post the output of the script added with an set -x. So here's my output of that, too. Hope it helps..

My /etc/fstab inside the container is:

Code
    proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
    none /dev/pts devpts rw,gid=5,mode=620 0 0
    none /run/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0

... and "mount" gives me:

How do you see the disks inside openvz?

I created a bind mount for the CT and thats the output of

Code
    df-h

:

So, I see the mounted folder /mnt/Data. But

Code
    fdisk -l

gives me nothing. It must be possible to get this into the WebGUI of OMV. That would already be fine for me. And if there is way to make my two HDD's show up to further manage them through OMV would be the next nice thing to have....but I'm a little bit worried here...

I have read somewhere here about the way to tweak the config.xml file, but I rather wouldn't do that.
    I also read somewhere here the /etc/hosts and resolv were the solutions for some other problems. But those threats always end when its getting interesting and a solution is rarely presented. So, actually I'm quite lost here... :-)

Is there anything else I can do?

Hey,

I've got a setup with one System SSD and two HDD's, one for Data, one for Backup, no RAID. On the SSD I installed Proxmox in which I've created a OpenVZ Container with a template for a minimal debian 8 installation.
    Following the instructions here I installed OMV 2.1.1 on top of that by replacing kralizec with stoneburner in the first step described. During the installation/unpackaging of the the omv-installation I am asked something about the configuration of mdadm:

Code
    If the system's root file system is located on an MD array (RAID), it needs to be started early during the boot sequence. If it is located on a logical volume (LVM), which is on MD, all constituent arrays need to be started.
    If you know exactly which arrays are needed to bring up the root file system, and you want to postpone starting all other arrays to a later point in the boot sequence, enter the arrays to start here. Alternatively, enter 'all' to simply start all available arrays.
    If you do not need or want to start any arrays for the root file system, leave the answer blank (or enter 'none'). This may be the case if you are using kernel autostart or do not need any arrays to boot.

As I wrote above, I don't have any RAID, so I left the field blank resulting in the error message:

Code
    [FAIL] Assembling MD arrays...failed (failed to load MD subsystem).

Choosing "all" results in the same error message.

Actually, I don't really know if this is my main problem, but I just wanna make sure you know of it.

After the installation finishes I am able to connect to the OMV GUI, that's fine. I have created a bind mount according to this, so I should be able to access a folder on my first HDD that is meant for OMV. But in the OMV GUI, if I go to the point filesystems, I get the following error:

There is something written about "Array", so I thought it might be related to the initial error I got during the installation process (that's why i mentioned it).
    On the other hand, I also recognized that I don't see any HDD information inside the GUI, which is due to the virtualization, I guess. So I am wondering if there are some key points that I missed or maybe even some restrictions that cannot be overcome in my setup. If not, how can I solve this problem?

I am really thankful for any help. Let me know what else you need.

Best regards

I understand your point. I don't think it's old-fashioned, for me it's just nice being able to view my photos / listen to my music through a neat web interface from all around the world. I guess that's the only difference between cloud and scp :-)

The vote at "plugins that are wanted" currently shows "owncloud alternative" being on top. What would that mean, if this plugin was chosen to be? Is the alternative already found?

I also vote for seafile, in combination with radicale!
    In my opinion, seafile is much more mature and reliable for file-sync than owncloud is. And I think that's the main purpose for this kind of software. The only thing missing in seafile is, of course, cal-/carddav, which would be the task for the specialized software radicale.

Greetings