Posts by rhodesfreak

Hi Geaves and Techno Dad,

@TechnoDadLife congratulations for your awesome youtube videos, I'm a big fan. :)

I read the README file, but I'm having troubles to proceed with the setup as i'm still a newbie with Docker.

Add a new volume mount to your docker run command that mounts your config file: -v /path/to/your/config.ovpn:/etc/openvpn/custom/default.ovpn

Should I add this command to the same window were I add the PUID and the PGID?

Then you can set OPENVPN_PROVIDER=CUSTOM and the container will use the config you provided. If you are using AirVPN or other provider with credentials in the config file, you still need to set OPENVPN_USERNAME and OPENVPN_PASSWORD as this is required by the startup script. They will not be read by the .ovpn file, so you can set them to whatever.

This is clear

Note that you still need to modify your .ovpn file as described in the previous section. If you have an separate ca.crt, client.key or client.crt file in your volume mount should be a folder containing both the ca.crt and the .ovpn config.

This part is not clear to me, in the previous part it's not described how to modify the .ovpn file. Which one would be my volume mount folder?

Mount the folder contianing all the required files instead of the openvpn.ovpn file. -v /path/to/your/config/:/etc/openvpn/custom/

Should I add this command to the same window were I add the PUID and the PGID, like before?

Additionally the .ovpn config should include the full path on the docker container to the ca.crt and additional files. ca /etc/openvpn/custom/ca.crt

How do I add this information in the .ovpn file?

If -e OPENVPN_CONFIG= variable has been omitted from the docker run command the .ovpn config file must be named default.ovpn. IF -e OPENVPN_CONFIG= is used with the custom provider the .ovpn config and variable must match as described above.

This last part is also not clear to me.

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm not able to do it by myself.

Thanks again

Best regards

Hi Geaves,

Thanks!

I watched the video, but it's not explaining how to setup a "Custom VPN". You cannot select AirVPN from the list included in docker, furthermore I also need to upload the ovpn file in order to be able to connect. This is why I'm asking for help.

Best regards

Dear all,

I would like to setup "Transmission OpenVPN" with my VPN provider "AirVPN", but after searching on the forum and spending many hours browsing on the web i'm still not sure how to do it. I'm not knowledgeable using Linux and this is definitely not helping.

Currently I have my OMV system running fine, but I would like to be able to download torrents using a VPN.

The instructions on Haugene's GitHub site are quite confusing for me, as AirVPN requires a special setup as the credentials are included in the ovpn file.

Anyone here using AirVPN in combination with Transmission-OpenVPN?

On top of that do I need to unistall my current Transmission installation before installing Transmission-OpenVPN?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I just finished to setup my new OMV system and I would like to copy my plex database to it, as I have a big media collection and I would like to avoid to setup the whole database from scratch.

I would appreciate if someone could guide me through the process, I'm not very familiar with Linux and therefore it would be great if I could receive an easy explanation.

I already tried it based on information from previous threads regarding this topic without luck. :saint:

Thanks!

Best regards

Dear All,

I just bought a HP 800 G1 USDT to replace my aging HP DC7900 to be used for OMV.

Is anyone using the same PC for OMV? I'm asking because I read that there is the possibility to install a MSATA together with SATA drive that come with the PC.

This would be an ideal solution as I could run OMV from the SSD and use the SATA drive for the media storage, but there seem to be some issues to boot the system with Windows computers as the SSD drive socket was designed to act like "Cache" of the SATA drive.

Does anyone know if I could boot OMV from this MSATA drive or would I face the same issues as on Windows computers?

Thanks!

Best regards

Dear All,

My OMV is running out of space and therefore I would like to copy some old movies to an external hard drive.

In the past I just plugged the NTFS drive, mounted it through the webgui, and then I could access the files through Midnight Commander.

I followed this exact steps, but I'm not able to see the NTFS drive in Midnight Commander.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Best regards

Dear All,

I just upgraded to V3.0 and I must say its running great, the only issue i have is that when I connect via SSH I cannot delete files from my downloads folder.

I guess this must be related to that i reinstalled Transmission.

Any ideas? It only affects this folder and im getting "error 13"

Thanks!

Dear All,

I have been experiencing issues lately with my Plex Media Server, some movies I was able to watch previously are not working and I get the "Playback has stopped because the connection to the plex media server has been lost" error message.

Most of the affected movies are in avi format.

I already delete the library and created a new one with the same result.

Any ideas?

Thanks!