Beiträge von bergie5737

HI
    I've spend hours looking at other configs, and posts etc and I seem to have my setup as it should be.
    I've created my family as indivdual users and added them all to a group called family.
    I've created a share folder for each and every one, with access by only that family member. (I cannot delete the HDD, so I am using existing folders - these were created by an old Raspberry Pi NAS)
    Then I have only two commonly shared folders by the whole family, with read/write and ACL access set according to basically everyone else on internet. :)
    I've added these folders to SMB/CIFS, again as per WWW!

These common two folders ("Media" and "Shared) can be accessed with the usernames and passwords on a Linux machine and even on Android devices. (Duh, I logged in with my account, so that Linux don't ask for username and PW.) But from a Windows 10 machine, I can only access the folders from the administrator account. When I change username and password, I just can't access the shares. I can access the individual user's folder with his credentials, but not the shares. I can see the folders under "Network" when I click on "RASPBERRYPI" as I expect, but no access, not even viewing.

I have no idea what to do and not sure if its a windows issue or OMV setup issue.
    Below is the global and one shared folder in my smb.conf file.
    At this stage, I have switched ACL on and off on the folder.
    This setup is on a Raspberry Pi B+

I've done your instructions, but after I've updated the sources and all packages except for php5-pam, as I stated above, I can no longer get access to any packages. Brother...
    The update manager in the web interface start with "Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get update......."
    And to install plugins specifically minidlna, just returns plenty of "Failed to fetch .... "

I followed your instructions with 2.1 release, and there the webinterface is back. I am busy updating but added this command line

Zitat

apt-mark hold php5-pam

I hope I am not messing it up again. I did not find the php5-pam on the webinterface, which is good news, as the packages do get read and it is busy fetching the packages.
    Thank you, that seems to solve my Pi B+ problem.

I've done that in with the newer version according to a thread on this forum. The post said to remove the old php5-pam files, then follow the instructions as you said. When I did that the web interface only said "It worked!" That is more or less the standard Linux web server response if you set it up normally. Upon next boot, the Raspi was just stuck - it booted to a point I can't recall from memory, then it was stuck. I thought initially it was my SD as I understood that the partition will be enlarged automatically. I bought a top notch hologrammed SD in retaliation! :D But it was to no avail. So i tried version 2.0.15.

I just did run the command and this is the output.

Zitat

root@raspberrypi:~# wget http://omv-extras.org/debian/p…hp5-pam_1.0.3-2_armhf.deb
    --2016-06-12 21:09:02-- http://omv-extras.org/debian/p…hp5-pam_1.0.3-2_armhf.deb
    Resolving omv-extras.org (omv-extras.org)... failed: Name or service not known.
    wget: unable to resolve host address `omv-extras.org'

Regards

I've done that in with the newer version according to a thread on this forum. The post said to remove the old php5-pam files, then follow the instructions as you said. When I did that the web interface only said "It worked!" That is more or less the standard Linux web server response if you set it up normally. Upon next boot, the Raspi was just stuck - it booted to a point I can't recall from memory, then it was stuck. I thought initially it was my SD as I understood that the partition will be enlarged automatically. I bought a top notch hologrammed SD in retaliation! :D But it was to no avail. So i tried version 2.0.15.

I did not try the commands with the current 2.0.15 version of OMV I have. I will give it a bash tonight.
    Regards

Quick question.
    I've added a folder to shares and realised I linked the wrong folder on an external drive. So I deleted it under shares, and the whole folder disappeared on the drive. Yikes! I had to use Recuva to get it back - lucky for me I saw the issue and unplugged the disk before the space were overwritten and got back around 180G of data.

Now my question, How do I just delete the shared folder on OMV and not the actual folder and contents on the drive as well. I honestly thought that only a the "link" will be deleted?

HI there
    I've finally got my OVM set-up on my Raspberry Pi B+ and so far so good.
    I've installed omv_2.0.15 as the newer version always fail. I did absolutely no update or "funny's" to make it work.
    When I try and get plugins, or just the repository, I always get issues with the packages. I tried to grab, minidlna, but it does not install and tell me the packages is not available. From what I've read, I am hyper cautious to update, but even tried that and once again it failed.
    I do not want to start over as I am busy adding users and shares and a bad install could ruin it with my old Raspberry.

How can I get the updates and repo's without chrashing my system?

Good day
    I have used a raspberry pi for years now as a NAS. I've read about the OMV for the Raspberry and decided to give it a try.
    I used an image, copied it to my SD, plugged in and it worked.
    The web GUI is there, I can set up things and even SSH in with putty.

I had no problem changing my IP to static, and setting up the disk. I've followed instructions and set my old disk as a SAMBA share. Again it seems fine, until I try and access the disk. Supplying password and username, and the share open (in Windows) but there are no files.

Here is a summary of what I did.
    Storage >> file systems ---mounted disk
    Access right management >> User ---add user, change privilages to read/write. I changed nothinig under the Settings tab
    Access rights managent >> Shared folders --- added folder by selecting the volume, so my path is "Linux/" Under privelages tab I add read/write to user "all"
    Services >> SMB/CIFS --- Changed workgroup to MSHOME (That is what everyone use on our network, so I kept it as usual) Ticked Enable. Under "Shares" tab I can only pick "Linux" under "shared folder" Gave it a name, set "browseable" Set "enable" and left "Hide dot file" as set.
    Beween steps, I've saved and applied settings.

Following the above steps, I browse for another folder under "Linux" and add it. but then I run into trouble to access the folder. It says access denied. The folder again shows up in the browser. I do not get a permission error with the Linux root folder.

Is there perhaps a setting I miss? Perhaps the problem lies with my windows?