Posts by CptHowdy

You defined PGID and PUID. PGID is "users" on OMV. Have the users access to the media files on filesystem level?

Which user has the specified PUID?

problem was solved by going thru OMV web GUI, click shared Folders, then selecting Plex shares, editing the "ACL" of each, and changing recursively the owner to Plex. then re-add libs in plex interface, and rescan libraries.

You need to make sure you delete the plex user before reinstall:

userdel plex

I will try that. I have upgraded to OMV 5, then i found some threads on the forum which directed to "rm -rf /var/lib/plexmediaserver". I did that, then i used instructions for installing plex docker i found from google https://dbtechreviews.com/2020…plex-on-openmediavault-5/

Plex is running, but now the problem is Plex, for some reason, cannot see my media folders.

Should i still "userdel plex"?

I am having this same problem with mine. was running 4.1.35-1 arakkis, and just upgraded to OMV 5. Upgrade went smooth for the most part, but my system drive that OMV is installed on is full. Plex using 40 of the 60GB partition. How can i free up space and correct this issue?

I have been having the same issue with no luck trying the fixes posted here. My issue was that during install, the root filesystem was installed on "/dev/hdh1" and after install, that became "/dev/hdg1". after reading several fixes that didn't work, what ended up as the fix for my issue was:

edit the file

Code
    /boot/grub/grub.cfg

and i found a few instances of "/dev/hdh(1 and 5)" which were then changed to "/dev/hdg(1 and 5)

Just in case someone has the same issue.

pretty much same for me. . . . one minute everything was fine, then boom, Bad Gateway! I have ended up reinstalling only to see bad gateway error and others. . . . still no working omv :(

[cat /var/log/nginx/openmediavault-webgui_error.log] produces several lines of the following

Code
    2018/03/06 08:59:45 [crit] 25437#0: *1 connect() to unix:/var/run/php5-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: ::ffff:127.0.0.1, server: openmediavault-webgui, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock:", host: "127.0.0.1:443"

having same "502: Bad Gateway" problem. Fresh install of 3.0.9.4 .
    ran the following commands:

root@openmediavault:~# systemctl status php5-fpm.service

root@openmediavault:~# systemctl status nginx.service

This fresh install was the end result as i was attempting to fix a stoneburner install that had a full OS drive and was showing this error. Should i just jump to 4? seems OMV may be having a problem with php5-fpm. Any suggestions appreciated.

Same issue here . . . this is my unique specifics

Code
    apt-get install openjdk-7-jre-headless openjdk-7-jre tzdata-java tzdata

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    tzdata-java : Depends: tzdata (= 2016c-0+deb7u1) but 2016d-0+deb7u1 is to be installed

i would install with only drive designated for OS installed. . . . then after install, power down, hook up all other drives, then power it up. . . use SMB plug-in to share each drive individually. . . . voila JBOD ready to go

well somewhere between the latest update to OMV and/or setting up the LUKS i see a 30% drop in read speed at best. . . . but just today i ran hdparm on the LUKS array and the other. . . . maybe my bottleneck is in the IOCREST SATA controllers. Any input would be appreciated.

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# ls -la /etc/openmediavault/
    total 144
    drwxr-xr-x 2 openmediavault openmediavault 4096 Apr 3 01:21 .
    drwxrwxr-x 98 root root 4096 Apr 3 10:21 ..
    -rw------- 1 root root 35821 Apr 2 23:50 config.xml
    -rw------- 1 root root 32275 Apr 3 01:09 config.xml.2
    -rw-r--r-- 1 openmediavault openmediavault 67028 Mar 14 2014 php.ini

i modified the config.xml and saved it as config.xml.2 so the orig one should be orig one the *.xml.2 is my modified one

apparently I broke something. . . .
    this is what happens when access web interface

Code
    Error #3008:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to load configuration (Warning 1549: failed to load external entity "/etc/openmediavault/config.xml" (line=0, column=0))' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config.inc:577
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/env.inc(22): require_once()
    #1 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(23): require_once('/usr/share/php/...')
    #2 {main}

re-wrote config via:

Code
    omv-mkconf fstab

and that made no difference.

wondering if i should just reinstall OMV and start from scratch?

just an update for anyone else with same unique circumstances, to solve this, I ended up hooking back up some old HDD that were removed from OMV a few weeks ago, set-up a 2nd RAID array, copied data, then turned on my LUKS encryption, then copy data back. . . . sounds like alot of work and it is, but worth it if i actually "NEED" my data drives to be encrypted one day :)

I believe my problem is unique.

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# cat /proc/mdstat
    Personalities : [raid6] [raid5] [raid4]
    md8 : active raid5 sdi[5] sdh[4] sdc[0] sdb[3] sde[2] sdd[1]
    19534435840 blocks super 1.2 level 5, 512k chunk, algorithm 2 [6/6] [UUUUUU]
    unused devices: <none>

My main goal is to use LUKS in which I need to shrink my array from 6 drives to 3 and create a 2nd RAID5, Install LUKS, then rsync data, then wipe remaining 3 drives, then readd those to the 2nd array. So is this even possible using the xfs file system?