Posts by DanielP

tks, this helps.. also, the automated install scirpt fails, had to execute /usr/local/openvpn_as/bin/ovpn-init tool
    instead and manually set it up, but stuck at the final step since the user openvpn cant be added

Initializing OpenVPN...
    Adding new user login...
    useradd -s /sbin/nologin "openvpn"
    Error: Could not add user openvpn

openvpn# useradd -s /sbin/nologin "openvpn"
    useradd: group openvpn exists - if you want to add this user to that group, use -g.

EDIT: probably a leftover from teh other install - did a delgroup and created teh user as intended.
    executed the install again, all good, AS installed.

Did you refresh your browser??? javascript can be leftover in the browser cache so you need to refresh your browser.

now I feel like an idiot, because i did close it before and relaunch it, and the error was still there, now testing on incognito wondow (clear cache) the error is gone.
    LOL

now i can get back to installing openvpn-as :-)

this is the message i talked about not being able to isntall openvpn-as

Reading package lists...
    Building dependency tree...
    >>> *************** Error ***************
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive; apt-get --yes --force-yes --fix-missing --allow-unauthenticated --reinstall install openmediavault-openvpnas 2>&1' with exit code '100': Reading package lists...

Building dependency tree...

Reading state information...

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
    requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
    distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
    or been moved out of Incoming.
    The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    openmediavault-openvpnas : Depends: openvpn-as (>= 2.0.24) but it is not installable
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
    <<< *************************************

can I just do a apt-get openvpn-as and try to force it in @tekkb

Yeah, try it in command line.

reinstalled plugin...
    error is gone.
    attempted from cli
    uninstalled
    same error is back on dashboard.

openvpn plugin is still listed on the plugin section on the left-hand side menu, and not gone from teh services dashboard widget.

but dpkg -l openm* doesn`t list it anymore

i would not mind using this plugin instead os AS, but after installing it I could not downlaod teh certificate, clicking on the UI - download cert. does nothing, this is I'm trying to unisntall it.

I only installed one of them - I tried the -as first, gave me an error that it could not find dependency, did not isntall at all.
    SO i tested to other one, installed - could not get the certificates thru the webUI - began reading this thread,
    attempted removing the only installed plugin for VPN - RPC error on dashboard.

here is the stuff you asked for.

Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
    | Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
    |/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
    ||/ Name Version Architecture Description
    +++-==============-============-============-=================================
    ii openmediavault 3.0.82 all Open network attached storage sol
    ii openmediavault 3.6 all backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault 3.2.2 all OpenMediaVault CouchPotatoServer
    ii openmediavault 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMed
    ii openmediavault 3.2 all command-line based binary newsgra
    ii openmediavault 3.4.25 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositori
    ii openmediavault 3.0.6 all OpenVPN plugin for OpenMediaVault
    ii openmediavault 3.8.1 all OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server
    ii openmediavault 3.0 all OpenMediaVault Radarr plugin
    ii openmediavault 3.3 all Reset Permissions
    ii openmediavault 3.7.1 all snapraid plugin for OpenMediaVaul
    ii openmediavault 3.2 all OpenMediaVault Sonarr plugin
    ii openmediavault 3.0.18 amd64 OpenMediaVault plugin for ZFS

uninstalling openVPN gave me this erorr on dashboard:

Error #0:exception 'OMV\Rpc\Exception' with message 'RPC service 'OpenVpn' not found.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:99Stack trace:#0 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('OpenVpn', 'getList', Array, Array, 1)#1 {main}

You need to enable the repo that has openvpn-as. Not sure what one it is in right now. I've been away from forums for a while. Aaron can answer this:

@ryecoaaron

It might be in the plex repo.

they are all already enabled... :( still does not install. and now removing the other plugin gives me a dashboard error RPC stuff i mentioned.

using 0mv 3.0.82 here, tried installing Openvpn AS, said a dependency is missing and is cannot be installed openvpn-as
    i installed the otther plugin instead - configured everything, added my user, clicked on download certificate, nothing happens... how do i get it??

odd error, ipm on omv 2.2.13, installed emby 2.7 from the plugin list.

configured.. nothign was added, like stated on the instructions

went into Library, added my folder to the list, sleected movies, selected my path which is on my ZFS under /POOL/Files/Movies (chmodded 777 > yeah, i don't care, i'm the only one using it.)

it simply will not crawl.. I can see the foler added to the library under movies, but scanning does nothing.
    finds 0 files - and I ahve over 500 HD movies in there..

any ideas ???

Also, in the quickstart poster I read that only the USB 2.0 at the back will load before the OS loads. So. Does this mean I can't plug my superfast usb in 3.0, to boot from it? :"(

Use the ILO advanced application, and use your server on a headless manner - mine sits on the rack in the living room next to my hometheater and internet modem.

while booting, press F8 and change the sequence of what you're trying to boot from - if physically connected something on the server, OR

use the easy method - mount the image via ILO and boot from there :-)

THis is how I access my HP server at home when i need to reboot, power, or do any HP related maintenance.
    You can even see the boot post and messages by using the ILO.

you server came with a little TAG sticker attached to its back... well, use it.

I have experience with OVM (Virtualbox), and I got to the conclusion, that Grub would not wanna install on the sdb drive. When I swapped them over(sda <-> sdb), it installed to sda (the drive that was sdb) just fine.

I have an easier fix for this... when GRUB install appears, and fails, just unplug the USB drive from the server - all files are already loaded / cached, after you remove it, it will identify your disk as sda from that point on, and not sdb.

Hit enter and continue installing, works like a charm.

:D :D much easier.

atience I will start adding them soon.

Any chance a column can be added to the plugins page so we know when that particular item was changed last??

example, if I look in there today, there is nginx (websites) 1.1 (I believe), and nginx plugin 2.0.2.. both do the same thing, one is newer, but which ?

there should be some sort of indicator, like "New" or an "Updated Date" at least. - THere is no way I would remember if my sabnzbd was 2.0.3 or 2.0.2 last time I looked at it..

Also, bookmark this page:

http://homeservershow.com/foru…t-microserver-gen8-links/

it is a MUST for us, teh HP Gen8 owners.

THis one here has better instructions on putting an SSD on your drive bay and booting it..

http://homeservershow.com/atta…ant-gen8-microserver.html

http://homeservershow.com/atta…ant-gen8-microserver.html
    If you want to take it to a whole new level:

Install a Hypervisor (ESXi 5.5 Host) and:

- Create one VM and run pfsense as your router with eth0 network port (incoming from WAN)
    - Create another VM and run OMV your NAS solution, bypass the disk drives directly to the VM, and map it to the second gigabit port (eth1) which is then connected to the rest of your LAN via a swicth.

So your HP becomes your router, and your LAN NAS at the same time. :-)

:D

I'm running aa similar setup

- HP Gen8 (G2020T) + 8Gb ECC RAM
    - OS Drive is a SSD 60Gb on the ODD bay - with molex > sata adapter for power connecter to the Sata port on Motherboard.
    - 3 x 4Tb Seagate 4K HDDs in Stripped ZFS (analog to a Raid 0) - whenever I buy the last 4th HD, i will migrate to a RaidZ1 or something. - but since I have a WD NAS, I back it all up to it using SnapRAID today.

READ HERE on how to Boot from ODD BAY: http://homeservershow.com/foru…d-from-optical-drive-bay/

Very first thing you do is, boot it up, press F10 and update all drivers and firmware.
    Then, with your single SSD drive on ODD Bay, create a Raid 0 array and add it to it - Now you can boot from the SSD and install OMV from a simple USB Disk.

install your OMV, connect your data disks on the 4 bays, and start loading that little beast with plugins and huge amounts of data.

:D :D