Beiträge von carmelo42

it's 2.1 (stone burner).

Hi,

My users can't change their passwords :

I can change the passwords with the admin account, but the users can't change themselves the password of their account ...

Hello,

I have CIFS/SMB shared folders.

If user1 creates folder inside with multiples files and folders, user2 (which is allowed to access the shared folder) can read the files and folders but is not allowed to delete it ..

the folder1 has these infos : drwxr-sr--+

the files inside the folder1 : -rwxrwxr--+

the 2 users are in users group, and they both have read and write access to the shared folders

what can I do for both users read and write all the stuff in the shared folder ?

same problem here : I can't connect to OMV while clicking on the network share, but it's ok with CMD + K and afp://OMVip/

What can i do ? I have several users using my OMV nas, but I can't ask them to "cmd+k" ...

Hi,

As you probably know, Mac OS created DOTfiles when you browse a folder ( .file1, .file2, ...)

It is not a problem when you only own Mac, because the Macsystem doesn't show theses files to the user ... (for Mac they are hidden files)

But when you have Windows users on your LAN, they see all theses .files ...

Before installing my OpenMediaVault NAS, I was using a synology solution, and the .files were not visibles ....

My windows users are connecting with SMB/CIFS protocol, my MAC users with AFP protocol.

Do you have some idea ?

Thanks !

Carmelo

When I click in Users / Settings / Enable I get this info :

Code
    Erreur #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'usermod --move-home --home /media/cf561cdd-797f-4487-a5ce-4da30134ac50/Users//thomas 'thomas' 2>&1': usermod: user thomas is currently used by process 20068' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/usermgmt.inc:1211
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceUserMgmt->setSettings(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('setSettings', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('UserMgmt', 'setSettings', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

Hello !

I have installed OpenMediaVault server 2.0.13, and I have 10 users.
    2 users have home folders, so when I connect with ssh with their account I am in their home folder.
    The 8 other users don't have any home folder.
    I can't figure out where I can tell OMV to create home folder for them.

Can you please help me ?

Thanks !

Carmelo