Posts by ColdShoulderMedia

I've got the exact same issue that @joaquinain describes here.

The short:

• Followed Technodad's tutorial on setting up a container for linuxserver/letsencrypt only not using duckdns
    • I'm now getting this error in the let'sencrypt log ifelse: fatal: unable to exec --cap-add=NET_ADMIN: No such file or directory

Hopefully someone has figured out what's going on here or joaquinain has resolved the issue.

I started using my OMV on duckDNS, but then I bought a domain which I've been forwarding to duckDNS, but now I want to add encryption with Let's Encrypt and skip duckDNS, using google's build in google domains ddns. So far I've

I've gotten the linuxserver/ddclient installed via docker.

At first it did not create a ddclient.conf file, but after changing /config to NOT be R/O it created the file.

From there, following this guide (https://support.google.com/domains/answer/6147083?hl=en) I changed these lines of the .conf file:

Code
    #
    # Google Domains (www.google.com/domains)
    #
    protocol=googledomains,
    login=pasted
    password=pasted
    mydomain.org

And when I start the ddclient container my log reads:

And just repeats that.

Any idea what I'm missing here?

Another update.

I only was able to find one subsonic docker that worked for me, but it is an old version, and none of them seem to have scripts for automatic backup.

So it seems that just making a copy of the database file is the way to go in the immediate future.

After reading this thread, it looks like the issue is not a new one, and there's no interest in resolving it. I would love it if someone did as it is a feature I used frequently.

In the mean time, I just followed this link is a rough guide to backup my database, just not as a tar.

Edit: Also used this link to try and get it into a tar/tar.gz, I doubt I got the formatting correct, but I'm doing what I can without knowing better.

Ya, I checked that in the specs previously.

That is the fastest ram which I can afford, do you really think it will be a bottleneck? I will get a second stick in the future if I need it, and then I'll gain some dual channel benefit, right?

Getting ready to make my full reinstall move to 4.0, and went to backup my subsonic settings, but:

When I click "Backup" in the subsonic plugin, nothing happens. The restore button works, but that's not what I need.

I know this feature was working 2019.05.29, as that is my last subsonic backup.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue before I make the jump?

Good to know I'm on the right track. Next is a basic permissions question.

When it comes to setting up the new OS with an existing file system, how do I make sure all of my files will be available to the appropriate accounts/users?

Meaning, if a file was "Owned" on the last OS by User1, do I need to make sure the new OS has an account named User1, or is there some other way to deal with this?

Sorry if my question is not clear, file permissions are something I struggle with.

Sorry, but that´s not a good approach when using RAID. Did you have a backup of your data? This is highly recommended before "playing" with RAID.

My arrays are still in place, and of course I have off site backups.

Usually the RAID is auto detected.
    To be sure make a clone of your OS drive. So if there is an issue with the new installation you can go back.

In any case you should really make a backup of your data as soon as possible. RAID is not backup and it adds another layer of complexity.

OS drive is imaged with Clonezilla on a regular basis, we're good there. Again, I have a backup.

When RAID is setup, a superblock is written to the drive and RAID flags are set in the drives partition data. When the drives are mounted, OMV reads this information and knows the RAID type and how many drives are involved. This makes a software RAID array "portable".
    Still, the advice given above shouldn't be ignored. With data and OS backup, you'll have options if something goes wrong.

Exactly what I was wondering, thanks! Can any system read and utilize this super block, or just OMV/Debian systems?

I have no idea where I gave people the idea that I'm not following best practices (Backups and such). I'm trying to use this as an opportunity to learn, not just blindly follow a guide!

I understand that and saw it in previous threads, but my concern is "Mount the RAID's".

I must not understand how raid arrays function. How does the new OS know there's a raid available?

Looking at a new Mobo/CPU combo to replace my AMD Phenom II X4 970 Black.

Current considerations:

Asus STRIX X370-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard
    $75 @ Microcenter

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor
    $200 @ Microcenter

Kingston 16GB DDR4 PC4-2400Mhz ECC Unbuffered SDRAM Memory Module KTH-PL424E
    $82 @ Ebay

What do we think, will this setup serve me well?

Just for fun, a comparison of old vs new CPU: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/c…D-Ryzen-7-2700X/371vs3238

Okay, read more posts and it looks like 2 is DEAD, so I'll have to do an upgrade and it's suggested to skip 3 and just fresh to 4.

My only concern is with getting my RAID1 arrays recognized again. "Switch to Storage >> File Systems >> Click your File System >> Click "Mount"" sounds good, but is there anything I need to do BEFORE I start the process?

Also, if I were wanting to switch to a new MOBO/CPU combo, is this the time to do it? Will I have any more issues with my RAID arrays if I replace those items?

I'm looking to update my system in the easiest way possible. I don't have the infrastructure to put my data elsewhere while I update my OS, so everything will have to stay in place.

I really only need to get a base set of updates so I can use some of the newer plugins, but when I check for updates I get errors.

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get update 2>&1': Ign file: Release.gpg Ign file: Release Ign file: Translation-en Ign http://ftp.us.debian.org wheezy Release.gpg Ign http://ftp.us.debian.org

etc. Leading me to believe I have a wrong pointer or these are no longer hosted.

Is there a way I can just stay on OMV2 for ease, and how do I do that?

If not, is there a way I can update my OS while saving my configuration and leaving all my data where it is already located?

I'm not an experienced Debian user, so I'm struggling with a permissions issue on my OMV system.

I use my windows machine to move music from wherever into my Subsonic library, but then if I attempt to use Subsonic to change metadata in the files, or even to add album artwork, those file locations disallow Subsonic any permissions to change files.

Do I need to change the ownership of the files every time I move them over, or can I use OMV to give the "User" Subsonic permission to change/add files within that location?

If there's another post that solves this issue, or somewhere I can read about it, I'm sorry for missing it and feel free to link it.

Thanks!

Hey OMV folks, I've been wanting to start keeping track of my recipes, and I've found some decent looking open source programs, but I would really like to have a central database so I can access all my recipes from any device I choose.

Is there something in OMV or a plugin that would be well suited to this task?

Otherwise, is there enough interest for someone to implement this for us?

Beyond that, with my minimal programming knowledge would it be possible to get a web based recipe manager up and running on my NAS?

Some promising prospects seem to be:
    -PHPRecipBook, a Apache and PHP based system. http://phprecipebook.sourceforge.net/docs.php
    -OpenEats, a python and django based program. https://github.com/qgriffith/OpenEats

This is new ground to me, so any pointers would be greatly appreciated!