Beiträge von switched

All.

I've messed up the file permissions in OMV running AUFS. In trying to fix these issues I think I've broken it completely all and need some assistance. The last change I made was the following:
    chown root:users -R *
    chmod 775 -R
    I did this for all directories and files in /MEDIA recursively which includes all drives.

My issue was some folders I could rename, some I couldnt, some I couldnt delete and some I could. It was a mess so trying to fix properly. The change didn't resolve anything.

What's the best way to start over again, getting the permissions set correct from the top level down.

Total drives = 3 x 4TB + OS drive.
    I've also set the the root folder "/" on each drive with "jason" and "sabnzbd" as RW access but this was done after the initial setup.

Should the parity drive be included in the AUFS pool? I've got 1 x parity, and 2 x Data disks
    Should all folders and files be set with root:users, and use only privileges in the GUI?
    Is there any ACLs that need to be set on the physical drives and folders? Currently I have user 'jason' and 'saznzbd' on the phyiscal drives from an earlier issue.
    when Sabnzbd creates a file who is a member of users, I assume that user jason who is a member of users cannot delete this file? Is that correct?

HI All,

Looked into the OwnCloud logs to find a whole bunch or errors that are appearing every second:

ErrorPHPsession_name():session.name cannot be a numeric or empty '266839903580132773311539455182622461127' at /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/session/internal.php#20

Im unsure if its always been there of only a recent issue as this the first time I've checked the log in owncloud.

This is the contents of the /media/***ID***/Cloud content directory:

Can anyone advise what might be the problem?

Thanks,
    Jason

Tek, was 9443 the default? I cant remember if I manually specified it or not.
    If its the default, I can change it back. I changed it because I had an issue where I did the install and rebooted OMV without setting the admin password and wasnt able to get in so I did a reinstall.

It seems a bit strange though it gives an option in the GUI to change it but it doesnt reflect in OMV. Is this a bug?

Under the owncloud section in OMV there is a button called "SHOW" which is next to save and reset, and when clicked it is opening up a webpage to connect to owncloud, it opens a webpage to the old port of 9443, where it should be 10443. If I manually change it to 10443, it connects fine. Owncloud looks to worknig as normal, its just where OMV is referencing the port that needs to be changed. The port is set to 10443 in the webgui of owncloud plugin so not sure why its sticking to 9443.

hi All,
    I setup the owncloud on port 9443, but have since changed it to 10443.

Everything works on port 10443, but in the OMV web gui, under owncloud, if i 'show' the webpage, it by default is opening port 9443.

I've check the nginx config file and that is set correct hence the config actually working, but where does the OMV interface get updated (and I did set correct on OMV interface)?
    I've rebooted also and that doesnt change anything.

better looking is always good :)
    I had the option of putting my NAS build in a 2RU server rack or a nice fractal node case, suffice to say the node case was much sexier so node I went.
    Im also looking at a EATON, I know EATON quite well as we use them for our line of work, a 550VA can be had for $135 AUD shipped. Have you seen these used and is it compatible or are all these UPS with USB interfaces suitable (USB control)?

Hi All,
    Wanting to protect my NAS from power issues, I am now on the hunt for a UPS.
    I know APC seems fairly well integrated, but will OMV work with a no-name brand UPS that has a USB interface?
    To get the APC would be double to cost than the local generic.
    There is another brand, cyberpower I believe which is quite a bit less than the APC 500-55VA UPS.

HI David,

Is that done via the GUI or command line? Could you give any tips for me to research this?
    Do you mean I do this for every HDD i have, rather than using the AUFS pool, its done on the drive/folder for UUID for sdb1/sdc1....
    Thanks
    Jason

I am having the same issue.

I have a folder structure
    /media/a2658d6f-992b-4de1-9015-c45c829b4dce/MEDIA/DOWNLOAD
    /media/a2658d6f-992b-4de1-9015-c45c829b4dce/MEDIA/PROCESSED
    Everything works when I use /media/a2658d6f-992b-4de1-9015-c45c829b4dce/MEDIA/ but nothing beyond that.
    Unfortunately I am using AUFS so I don't have the ability to manipulate the ACLs.

I tried the method to modify the config file which did take, but the problem was that the file failed to download because of the permissions issue.

Awesome thanks for the explanation. Glad its sorted, and glad its all here as Im sure it will help someone in the future.

Now... to move onto the next plan. Find a way to have certain services run over a VPN, ie headphones, saznzbd etc but have the rest of the unit run as normal and act as media centre

Thank you thank you thank you !!!!

Changed port to 9999 and from localhost to 0.0.0.0 and its all working!!
    I did change the ports a few nights ago when it wasnt working, but it didnt resolve the issue so I reverted the change back, I think the fix in this scenario was the "localhost" to 0.0.0.0

In the interest of learning... do you know why it suddenly didn't work, and how did you know that this was the issue?

root@NAS:/etc/apt/sources.list.d# lsof -i :8181
    COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
    python 3923 headphones 4u IPv6 116076 0t0 TCP localhost:8181 (LISTEN)
    root@NAS:/etc/apt/sources.list.d#

root@NAS:/etc/apt/sources.list.d# dpkg -l | grep openmediavault
    ii openmediavault 1.19 all Open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-autoshutdown 1.0.8 all OpenMediaVault AutoShutdown Plugin
    ii openmediavault-backup 1.0.11 all backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-clamav 1.3 all OpenMediaVault ClamAV plugin
    ii openmediavault-couchpotato 1.0.3 all OpenMediaVault CouchPotatoServer plugin
    ii openmediavault-extplorer 1.1 all OpenMediaVault eXtplorer plugin
    ii openmediavault-headphones 1.0.2 all OpenMediaVault Headphones plugin
    ii openmediavault-keyring 0.3 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii openmediavault-mysql 1.0.16 all MySQL plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 1.29 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii openmediavault-plexmediaserver 1.0.12 all OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    ii openmediavault-sabnzbd 1.0.5 all OpenMediaVault SABnzbd plugin
    ii openmediavault-sickbeard 1.0.3 all OpenMediaVault Sick Beard plugin
    ii openmediavault-snapraid 1.5 all snapraid plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-transmissionbt 1.4 all OpenMediaVault Transmission (BitTorrent client) plugin.
    ii openmediavault-unionfilesystems 1.8 all Union filesystems plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-virtualbox 1.3 all VirtualBox plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-wol 1.0.4 all OpenMediaVault WOL plugin
    root@NAS:/etc/apt/sources.list.d#