Beiträge von vlad1966

subzero79,

After I enter line 3 - dpkg -i broadcom-sta-dkms_6.30.223.248-3_all.deb - I get an error:

dpkg: error processing broadcom-sta-dkms_6.30.223.248-3_all.debdpkg (--install):
    cannot access archive: No such file or directory
    dpkg: error processing -i (--install):
    dpkg: error processing broadcom-sta-dkms_6.30.223.248-3_all.deb (--install):
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    broadcom-sta-dkms_6.30.223.248-3_all.debdpkg
    -i
    broadcom-sta-dkms_6.30.223.248-3_all.deb

Help!

I tried editing my previous reply, but for some reason it says I'm not authorized to view that page. Weird.

So after doing some more (correct?) research it appears I'd have to either install the wl driver, which supports the chipset of the Archer T8E (Braodcom BCM4360 -
    Vendor ID = 0x14E4 Device ID = 0x43A0)?

Or download the Linux Broadcom driver and compile my own:

http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=388662

But how do I install a driver on OMV?

I'm mostly a Linux noob, though I'm running Ubuntu 15.04 on my main PC for now, since It's a low-end PC that runs Windows 8.1 slowly.

Thanks.

OK, so after doing some research it appears I'd have to install the brcmfmac driver, which supports the chipset of the Archer T8E (Braodcom BCM4360 - Vendor ID = 0x14E4 Device ID = 0x43A0)?

But how do I install a driver on OMV?

I'm mostly a Linux noob, though I'm running Ubuntu 15.04 on my main PC for now, since It's a low-end PC that runs Windows 8.1 slowly.

Thanks.

Hello all!

I'm currently using FreeNAS 9.3.
    I like it a lot, except the lack of support for wireless networking.

I've noticed that one of the new features of OMV 2.1 is wireless network support.
    Can anyone give specifics? Does it support 802.11AC?

What kind of wireless adapters (mfr / model) are supported.

Link to details?

Thanks!