Posts by ap90033

Probably a stupid question, but it looks like backports kernel is a lower version of the installed kernel. Is this wrong? What would be the difference in using backports? I have a core i5 system (lga 1150 asrock board with 10 Sata ports) that is pretty new. Thanks.

Like this with no spaces. If this doesn't work you need your device added.

Code
    driver=usbhid-ups
    port=auto

I tried this (minus the numbers) and it did not work. Guessing my device needs to be added. I have replied earlier with link, model, brand, and sku. Thanks.

Connect UPS via USB. Enabled UPS Plugin with driver = usbhid-ups port = auto

Get the following:

Error

Failed to execute command 'upsc 'ups' 2>&1': Error: Driver not connected

Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'upsc 'ups' 2>&1': Error: Driver not connected' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/nut.inc:151
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceNetworkUPSTools->getStats(NULL, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getStats', NULL, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Nut', 'getStats', NULL, Array, 1)

I tried different ports and cables but still no go.

Am I doing something wrong here? Please just let me know if there is some type of protocol here to get a response. I deleted the md0 filesystem, recreated it and all appeared to be well. Showed clean, made shares and started copying over my data. I came back hours later and the system was non responsive. No web access, could not ping, could not access locally. Very odd, if the array or a drive died the OS should still be accessible and ping-able. What gives? I rebooted and now it seems to have fallen on its face says udevd[644]: timeout killing 'sbin/mdadm -- detail --export /dev/md0' [1681]

HELPPPPP! :)

I wiped the OS, reinstalled, Wiped the RAID drives and create a RAID5 Array, says active. When i go to mount the array I get
    Error #6000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to mount '2a7e6b5f-a552-4951-b2ec-1ba75b93610c': mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/md0,
    missing codepage or helper program, or other error
    In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
    dmesg | tail or so
    ' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc:921
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->mount(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('mount', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('FileSystemMgmt', 'mount', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

Help? I have a brand new system, install OMV 2.1.6 and updated. Created RAID 5 array on (4) 6TB WD Red drives. Added one more 6TB WD Red drive. This morning OMV was non responsive, could not ping and no screen. Reset PC and it now says RAID Failed and is running Journal Recovery. What gives? Once the system comes up what do I need to post? Thanks!

I created a raid 5 16tb array. Want to add another drive but looks like its 32 bit EXT4. Am I looking at this right? I am using 2.1.6 OM. Please help and forgive if i am ignorant. New to OM. Thanks.
    Error #6000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to grow the filesystem '/dev/md0': resize2fs 1.42.5 (29-Jul-2012)
    resize2fs: New size too large to be expressed in 32 bits
    ' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc:699
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->resize(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('resize', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('FileSystemMgmt', 'resize', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}