Posts by groundglass

Hi I'm attempting a fresh OMV 4 install from scratch from a previous OMV 3.x updated install. I have an SSD for the OS and 5 HD's formatted with ext4 in the previous OMV version. Note no RAID. After the successful OMV 4 install I've noticed all drives are visible in the Physical Disks table but two drives are missing in the File Systems folder. No matter what I try, I can't get these drives in the file system and then mounted.
    I've tried:
    1. Multiple re-installs
    2. Manually created an entry in fstab and mounted successfully, but this vanishes with reboot
    3. "Create" file system: tried to recreate the file system wiping out all my old files. Formatting looks like it's working with Status=Initializing, but when done the entry vanishes again

I'm out of ideas. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Kris

Morning, I'm trying to use the new RemoteMount plugin to mount a Windows folder:
    Goal to mount //192.168.2.119/Recorded TV

Previously the OMV2.x RemoteShare handled the space in "Recorded TV" successfully

I cannot seem to mount this folder on the new version.
    For share name I've tried: Recorded TV, Recorded\ TV, Recorded\040TV, "Recorded TV" getting errors everytime.

I've also checked and successfully mounted: //192.168.2.119/Downloads

Here is the error for: Recorded\040TV

Thanks you for any insight

Good morning,

Yesterday I all of a sudden noticed Emby which has been running perfectly for ~month was enable but not running (red light). In the OMV gui I could not restart, unenable/enable to restart it. I then took the nuclear approach and uninstalled the plugin via OMV gui and then reinstalled it. Since then I cannot get emby to scan library without crashing. I have tried each of my media types individually (ie movie, TV Shows, etc) and emby stops scanning at different percent times. I have tried the apt-get purge openmediavault-emby and then OMV gui multiple times and still keep getting emby to crash during the Scan Library. Any suggests would be greatly appreciated.

My system: CPU Intel Core i3-4130 Haswell with 16GB memory, drives are separate ext4 without raid, SMB is used to share to my Windows PCs

OMV: ver 2.2.5
    Emby: present one: ver 3.0.5972.0

Emby logs: I don't know which *.txt file to look at

thanks