Getting the following error and the container keeps rebooting over and over.
Sorry forgot to report that I'm all good now as well. Not sure if it was due to a cache or what after trying in the morning it was all good.
Is it still the same issue?
With omv 3.0.76 I had the issue that I didn't had the possibility at my notebook, to collapse/expand the navigation panel, while it was working fine at my desktop client. But with omv 3.0.77 I don't have this issue anymore. For me it works on both of my machines (notebook and desktop). I can collapse/expand the navigation panel. By the way..., my browser (chrome) saves the last state, when leaving the browser:
- If I close the browser with an expanded navigation panel, it is still expanded after opening the browser and the omv-webui again.
- If I close the browser with a collapsed navigation panel, it is still collapsed after opening the browser and the omv-webui again.
In my opinion this wouldn't work with an "incognito window". Try it with a normal window.
For me the issue is solved.
In normal window it didn't work. Only in incognito, I did reboot OMV just in case. I did upgrade to 3.0.77 btw. I will try again tonight.
Still having the same issue, in Chrome.. If I go to chromes "New Incognito Window" I see the option to expand the panel. But If I close and reload it, it minimizes the panel again.
Same issue here as well ... Running Linux (Mint 18.x) ,, tried with Chrome and FireFox and same issue as others are reporting and rebooted OMV as well.
Well this is a very interesting discovery...
So I'm working from home today and decided to play around with OMV 3.x from my work laptop running Windows, still using chrome. And OMV 3.x is working . None of the errors reported above are occurring.
So I went back to my laptop that I use at home running Linux Mint 17.x, thinking that somehow the magic elfs fixed the problem overnight, and the error is still happening on the Linux laptop running Chrome as well. I will try again when I get a chance to see if I get the errors on that laptop with FireFox. Could all be a issue with my Chrome
Looks like it's 3.4.25
I just upgraded (via omv-release-upgrade) from 2.x to 3.x. I'm having some issues the main one is that when I select to activate Plex(see screenshot) or any other activity that you need to "switch on" I get the following error. I have tried to make sure a apt-get update was done and all files updated.
So when I click on ENABLE and click SAVE I get that popup error.
I'm running 3.0.76
Impressive specs and cost. Would have been nice if there was RASPBERRY PI Header as well. Atleast it would cover Arduino and Pi devices
I would first try to do a fresh reboot.
See if that works.
Next, if that doesn't work. Try to force a update :
> apt-get update
> apt-get upgrade
reboot try again.
When connecting via Putty are you getting a login prompt? What user name are you using?
I was in the process to do a youtube video on my setup that I think works GREAT. But I'll quickly write out the steps I use.
1. OMV( of course)
3. Some custom scripts.
SickRage(SR) I have this setup running on a external VPS server(because I have a few other friends using the application as well, but it does work on OMV directly. I have tested it out). I have subscribed to several tv shows. SR downloads the .torrent files, not the actual TV show, just the torrent file. I have a automated cron to build a RSS feed based on what .torrent files are in a directory. Back on my OMV at home. I have another script that grabs the files from the RSS feed places them into the transmission directory which in turn has them autodown, once they are downloaded I have another script that moves the completed downloaded TV shows into my PLEX directory.
Thats pretty much it in a nutshell. It's totally handoff setup. I don't need to visit websites to download torrents. It's pretty much like a PVR setup. Normally within 10-20mins after the show airs the torrents are pickup and sometimes within 30 mins I can be watching my fav tv shows. Great thing about having SR on the VPS(and I'm sure you can do this as well on OMV opening up a port) I can connect remotely, from work for example, and add a new tv show I may have just found out about. Add the new TV show, force it to download all the episodes , and by the time I get home they are all ready to watch on PLEX.
I haven't tried. But I think you will find OMV on a RPi 1 painfully slow, Unless you are just planning on using it as a NAS and not for PLEX or anything media related.
Almost seems like the PS doesn't have the amps to supply the MB.
The only way to test things out is . Disconnect everything from the motherboard. HD's, Video Card (if you have a external one) , DVD drive. Remove all by 1 stick of Memory(or even try without any memory at all). Try to turn on the system and see if the same thing happens with the fans/led starting then shutting down.
Not that you want to hear this, but its sounding like something is toast on your system. Disconnect any of the Hardrives on the system, Sata and power. But up as is and see if it comes up with something on your monitor.
Maybe a silly thought, but pull the power cord(not just the button on the Pc) from the wall, wait 1-2 mins. Try again .
Thought I would share this.
I have a HP Micro G7 N54L, and was running OMV on a USB stick, but risking the USB burning out with all the writing/reading.
Decided to go the root with a small sized SSD connected via USB instead of going through the CD bay.
I have to say it seems to be working a little quicker than the USB 3.0 drive I had in there as well. I know it's not as fast has a native SSD installed, and I may do it one day. But this was a quick replacement for the USB thumbdrive. I did a "dd" to copy and I was up and running in 5 mins again.
Running Plex, transcoding no problems. Yet.....