Posts by voodooman

that error means that Docker service is running but the plugin thinks it is not running, or opposite.

You need to stop docker service (service docker stop in terminal) and disable plugin. And then start plugin with manually entered port 42005.

I have had that error a few times, and this usually solves it

Thanks, that fixed it!

I manually shut down the docker service (logged into terminal, and ran "service docker stop"), disabled the plugin in omv gui, restarted the server for good measure. Then I restarted the docker service, manually entered port 42005 in Docker OMV gui (even though it was already set to 42005), turned on the plugin and everything works fine. Hopefully I won't have to do this every time I restart the server.

That's a problem. Upgrade to bpo kernel. Under omvextras you shosuld see a button. After that reboot and try again.

Upgraded, rebooted, docker-gui installation now finishes without errors, but when I enable it I get a similar error as before:

Code
    Error #0:
    exception 'OMVModuleDockerException' with message 'Error: "couldn't connect to host" - Code: 7' in /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php:63
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php(180): OMVModuleDockerUtil::doApiCall('http://localhos...')
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(354): OMVModuleDockerUtil::getContainers('42005')
    #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDocker->getContainers(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getContainers', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Docker', 'getContainers', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

I have the same issue. Any fix?

It probably has something to do with faulty installation & dependencies issues. Here's my installation log:

Can anyone make sense of this? nicjo814?

I have a very similar problem, just a slightly different error:

Code
    Error #0:
    exception 'OMVModuleDockerException' with message 'Error: "couldn't connect to host" - Code: 7' in /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php:63
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php(125): OMVModuleDockerUtil::doApiCall('http://localhos...')
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(145): OMVModuleDockerUtil::getImages('42005', true)
    #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDocker->getImages(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getImages', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Docker', 'getImages', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

Any ideas why this is happening? I'm running fully updated OMV 2.2.8 btw.

Well if that's the case I apologize. Adding both repos as a choice would be the right thing to do, but make sure to let users know which is which. Personally, I chose to go with the new fork because it's far more active and the master branch doesn't suffer from showstopper bugs like the SickRageTV repo. Basically, all the devs of the SickRageTV repo left to work on the new fork, and now only echel0n is left on the "original". I don't think that bodes well for it at all, but at the very least it means that branch will be a lot less active for a while.

IMHO, if you're a complete newbie, don't splurge on a new rig. Get an old desktop or laptop, set up OMV and play around with it a bit to get a feel for it. You may find out you don't need anything more powerful than what you already have. For example, I personally use OMV as a torrent seedbox with automation via SickRage and CouchPotato (this is a part of OMV-extras), as well as a general purpose NAS for non-critical backups. For this purpose I'm using an ancient IBM laptop (made in 2005) with a 1TB WD Red drive. It has a Pentium M 1.86Ghz processor (that's SINGLE core) and 2GB of DDR2. This bucket of bolts can't even run Windows 7 properly.

Let me tell you, with OMV it works FLAWLESSLY. It's cool, it's quiet, it's plenty powerful, and it just keeps on going. Yesterday I had to turn it off cause I was moving some furniture around. It had an uptime of 60 days (that's since last reboot). Not one issue in all that time. So please don't rush into buying stuff you don't need and may consider inadequate later anyway. Start with something old, get a feel for the system, and buy accordingly WHEN and IF you need something better. You'll have a much better idea of what you need as well.

There's much more to this than just changing the repository. The whole drama surrounding SickRage right now is explained here:

http://pastie.org/private/m7lryrqqihyeyl1supuepq

Yes, changing the repo will fix the issue but you should be aware that you're choosing sides in this "fork". If you stay on SickRageTV branch you're supporting the "original" developer echelon, if you migrate to SickRage branch you're supporting the rest of the team that was kicked out by him. It's open source anyway, so hey, vote with your feet, but you should make an informed decision.

On the other hand, if it's true that OMV extras team decided to support echelon without telling us anything, this is something we should be worried about.

Btw, I managed to install it in the end, I'm guessing the Apache step overwrote some defaults and now I can't get to OMV web interface on port 80 anymore, which has all kinds of unwanted sideffects... Can anyone more knowledgeable in Debian try to install using the above instructions and see what can be done to avoid this?

A lot more options, plugins (some very useful, like autodl-irssi), and it seems that rtorrent always maxes out available bandwidth as opposed to transmission. Besides, rtorrent/rutorrent, when set up correctly is by far the best option for couchpotato/sickrage/headphones.

Follow it through and if you need any more help I should be able to assist you.

I tried following these instructions, but I encounter problems when I get to Apache section. When I edit the apache2.conf and want to restart the service I get this error:

Restarting web server: apache2(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
    no listening sockets available, shutting down
    Unable to open logs
    Action 'start' failed.
    The Apache error log may have more information.
    failed!

Any ideas?