Posts by yTz

So just 55 $ per month backing up my current data?

Greetings
    David

That'd be for their mainstream offering, which has no linux client as of yet and indeed offers unltd backup for $5/month.

I was however referring to their brand enw S3-like offering (called b2) where they offer pay-as-you-use storage (much akin to Amazon Glacier except way cheaper). The idea is you pay .005 cts / gb stored, uploads are free and downloads are .05ct / gb (off the top of my head).
    Makes for a cheap offline backup solution (where you seldom need to recover your files - if ever).

The thing has been announced 2 weeks ago and we still need to see main backup software (duplicity, arq, etc) supporting b2 as a backend. Should be quite soon after beta starts since they already offer an API etc.

EDIT: read "5$ a month" - sorry

That is the best pricing I have seen with something that looks like it would work well for a plugin.

You bet - backup software devs (such as duplicity) are getting a lot of demand to include them as backend now.
    Just a matter of waiting before it happens :)

Also worth mentionning is hubic, which
    - is supported by duplicity
    - offers unltd storage for 10€ / month
    - is hosted in France (which is a + for me anyway)

But I wouldnt truest em as dvpt seems to have stopped, website is sketchy as f** and support nonexistent.

Is anything planned for duplicity ? http://duplicity.nongnu.org/

Backblaze announced a few days ago a S3-like service with low low pricing (https://www.backblaze.com/b2/cloud-storage.html); I might get into backing my data there as soon as duplicity starts offering it as a storage backend.

A plugin would be great to check on existing backup status, add some, etc.

Alternatively, what could be used / already exists for off-site, compressed, incremental and encrypted backups ?

Thanks a lot

Nope, set it to its most verbose level too..

Yes - with top

Nzbget is definitely monitoring a folder for incoming .nzbs - albeit every 5s only.
    Tried isabling that with no effect on CPU %

Killing process and starting it over again brings it back to 80% CPU..

EDIT: I'm not even downloading anything atm.

Hello all,

Just came across this in my process list tab

Was just wondering if that high CPU % from nzbget was normal and if anyone came across the same issue ?

Thanks a lot

Hello,

I've setup pyd.io through Docker and it works extremely well, setup was a breeze and I thank you for that!

I access my data through volumes and bind mounts and was wondering what would be a restrictive ACL on my data/folder ie which specific user is used by docker and should be allowed read/write on this.

As it is, I have to put Other: Read/Write in ACL on shared folder data/ to be able to create / delete files in pyd.io

Thks again, extremely useful plugin :D

Funny I was just looking at that as I saw the thread on docker-ui being stable.
    Don't know anything about docker, need to see how it would play with data outside of the site root folder.

I'll have a look, thanks for the advice !

Hello all,

Some background:

I installed the website plugin and am in the process of installing pyd.io
    Website root is in its own filesystem (www/), and user data folders are symlinked to the pyd.io data path.

I have gotten pyd.io to work but encounter issue on moving folders

Code
    The first argument to copy() function cannot be a directory in plugins/access.fs/class.fsAccessDriver.php

and deleting, were I get a "operation not permitted" message

I'm guessing all this is due to my data being symlinked and I still need to investigate this

I realize this is all pyd.io related but have a more trivial OMV question regarding the conf file used for my websites: where is it located ?

I might need to compare it to the one provided here : https://pyd.io/nginx

Also, If any of you knows how symlinks are handled by pyd.io and what should be done to iron out the copy() and permissions errors, can't say no to some advice !

Thank you very much .

Hello everyone,

Just installed OMV - everything going greate until I tried installing a few plugins, namely
    - nginx 2.0-2
    - websites 1.2
    - sensors 1.0.19
    - extplorer 1.1
    - locate 1.0

Then I can't uninstall any of them, I get this error (same with all plugins, just an example)

Any idea where it could come from ? I installed OMV 2.1.15

Thanks !
    EDIT: had to enable openmediavault-nginx first, was able to uninstall then.