Posts by monsen

I don't think you understood what apt was telling you when it provided a list of every package it was going to uninstall. Either that or you didn't read it.

Is there some reason you couldn't or wouldn't run the command I suggested?

Thanks this worked.

BTW the reason was time. I now found the time and followed your advice. As always worked like a charm.

Seems like i managed to get everything reinstalled. It also looks like all the configs are still there.

Checking in detail will need more time. Let's see.....

Thanks guys. Hope i will not stumble over myself again

Because OMV has a dependency on proftpd - https://github.com/openmediava…avault/debian/control#L16. apt told you it was going to uninstall it.

Yes it did. I was just not expecting that to happen.

I was trying to get rid of it as the menu item in my OMV GUI was dead since the upgrade to OMV 5, so i thought it is not available in OMV 5 anymore. I also tried to uninstall it from OMV 5 GUI without luck.

Still of course you are right, there is some heavy user fault involved here.

I did an "apt-get remove proftpd-basic" and my OMV decided to uninstall itself. Now WebGUI is gone and probably a lot more.

What can i do about that?

Here is the log:

I have a failed sector on my HDD that was found by SMART. Now OMV sends me an email about this every single day.

I am aware of the situation and it would be great if OMV could stop sending this repeating message until any new error comes up.

I would like to wait for any next error to occur before exchanging the HDD.

Can I tell OMV to be quiet about this until anything new comes up?

Well it seems this does not work with nextcloud 19.0.4 .

Told me that Gallery is not compatible to it.

I was wrong here. It works!

You just have to ignore this message and manually activate the app in the app manager. You have to activate it 2 times. First time you confirm to be working with an incompatible app, second time you really activate it.

I then deactivated the new "photos" app.

Works fine. A lot better than "photos".

I am opening this topic again to see if anyone knows how to let jellyfin run on a custom port in a letsencrypt docker environment.

Initially i thought it might be enough to let nginx listen on the custom port by changing the following ports 443 to custom in the site-confs/default file and forward the same port in my router.

Code
    listen 443 ssl http2 default_server;
    listen [::]:443 ssl http2 default_server;

This seems to work at least a bit as the default page of the roots webserver is being presented. But i cannot access jellyfin.

I have a running linuxserver/letsencrypt docker that i am using for nextcloud. This works fine.

I have now set up a Jellyfin docker that also works fine using the HTTP port locally.

Now i wanted to use the reverse proxy of the letsencrypt installation to allow remote access through HTTPS for my Jellyfin docker but can't get it to work.

I have renamed the jellyfin.subfolder.conf.sample to jellyfin.subfolder.conf

I have renamed "set $upstream_app jellyfin;" to "set $upstream_app Jellyfin;" as Jellyfin is my container name.

I left the port for HTTPS in Jellyfin to default 8920 and forwarded the port in my router.

The Jellyfin docker runs in bridge mode and 8920 is exposed to my host network.

What am i missing?

Is a bug on tracker related to the new photos app. Quite nasty, since in shares photos won't open at all.

It was supposed to be fixed with 19, but its still there. I wait day by day for a new release.

Seems like the behavirour is still the same.

I found this post: https://help.nextcloud.com/t/e…-to-your-photos-app/86921

I suggests to install the old gallery app to make photos from external storage accessible with the photos app.

Guess that is what i am heading to then.