Posts by ojessie

Hi,

since OMV 5 respectively Portainer emby resets from time to time completely. Anyone having the same problem or even e fix for it? Would appreciate to get any kind of hint or help if you need log files please inform me which kind of log files you need.

It's really annoying it happens once a week.

Thanks

dleidert and anyone else who contributed to this project and support.

Thanks for this upgrade script. It just went perfectly in my set-up. Since a year I was thinking about upgrading from 4 to 5 but what I always read between the lines was .. this isn't easy. Particular for users like me who have a very limited background in Linux.

Just two minor issues, not even worth to mention. Emby running in docker was kept but all configuration within emby was gone. But no big deal for me. As Syncthing wasn't ported it also get lost and you have to get used to portainer.

Thumbs up and thanks!!! All the best

Before somebody stars to flame me this neither a question concerning ETA nor asking anybody to port emby for 3.0.
    But I'm starting to miss my emby. So I'm having two simple questions:
    - has somebody managed to install emby on clean omv 3.x. If yes a kind of step by step guide would be highly appreciated
    - can somebody guess how long it will take to get emby on 3.x. Because if it takes longer than I'm considering switching back to omv 2.x

Thanks

Sorry for bothering you again ... but I miss my emby.
    I'm on OMV 3.030 and I know that latest mono is buggy that's why emby cannot be installed ... this is at least what I understand.

In this thread I found a "work around" from @clyir which I would like to clarify.
    As mentioned a clean installation of omv 3.x with btrfs and obviously no emby installed, but mono activated.

When checking if mono is installed by using dpkg -l | grep mono there is nothing so it seems there is no mono installed, right? But trying to install emby I get an error message saying this version of emby is not compatible ....

So my question is when using the option purge mone and libmone which plugins are effected or is it just emby?
    @clyir is your work around still working for omv 3.030?

Thanks,

This is exactly what I mean ... and currently, as far as I can see, there is no alternative tool on board which could wake up omv with a magic packet.

Btrfs plugin

Well, if I got this right then it's a kind of wish list ... if so then I'd like to rise me voice for a btrfs plugin. I know that omv 3.0x is already partly supporting btrfs but it would be extremely comfortable for beginners like me to have it supported with all major features.

Thanks and all the best,

Well, if I got this right then it's a kind of wish list ;-) ... if so then I'd like to rise me voice for a btrfs plugin. I know that omv 3.0x is already partly supporting btrfs but it would be extremely comfortable for beginners like me to have it supported with all major features.

Thanks and all the best,

Sorry wrong section ... copied in the right ones .... hopefully.

hey when I start syncthing from putty then I can access it with the web gui. But how can I start it from the web gui?

and the output was:
    root@openmediavault://# ps aux | grep syncthing root 22772 0.0 0.0 12752 2140 pts/0 S+ 10:42 0:00 grep syncthing