Posts by Majorpayne

Spoiler: I'm a linux noob
    Good Evening,

I currently have a prebuilt system a M900 tiny that i want to use to create a new OMV system. The issue i'm having is that it will not find the NIC. According to the manufactuer the NIC is a Intel I219-LM / I219-V LAN Card. When i got to Intel to check what drivers it might use they point me to e1000e which i have tried to pick and it just returns to the No ethernet card was detected. Where do i add the linux drivers on the USB boot so it see it?

I have googled this issue and found this link Installing OMV2.x with Intel I219V but honestly I don't understand how to run that script. any help would be greatly appreciated

So I was able after 4 different USB wifi devices to get one to work. How should i get the other nic working?

Good Afternoon,

New user to OMV that was a convert from that other place before they split. My current system is actually quite simple. Using the main PC that was in the waste bin at work.

Lenovo m93p Tiny
    i5 4570T
    12 GB ram
    500 GB drive
    2x Media Sonic Probox 4 Bay HD Enclosure

Good Morning, I just wanted to get some information proactively so I can be down the smallest amount of time. I currently have a OMV Stone Burner setup on a Core 2 Duo E4300 with a SSD as my Primary and 3 internal HD’s and an Mediasonic ProRaid 4 disk External Enclosure hold 2 drives. The current hard drives are setup as 1 large drive using UFS, its set to fill 1 drive before moving on.

I will be moving to a system that will not accommodate the internal hard drives beyond the primary. I know this means I’m going to need to get them in a different enclosure. I need to know how I can move everything without losing the data I have. Any help is appreciated. If I have not supplied you with enough information please feel free to ask away

Hello,

I want to know the fastest way to copy movies from my XBMC machine which has a external drive(USB 3.0) hooked up to it (\\family\USBdisk1) to my OMV (\\NAS\Movies) I have tried a copy paste but i'm only getting 86 MBPS a sec and I should be getting higher i would think. Let me know what you think?

Good Afternoon,

So last night I installed OMV successfully. I did the updates, installed aufs, and setup up my shares successfully. As it was 4 AM I rebooted the system and went to bed. I wake this morning to the system not booting.

I decided to start over since it wouldn't boot. I boot off of my USB and install it again. This time it won't boot at all. just gives me the same blinking cursor.

My Current setup

3 Seagate 2 TB drives