Posts by Majorpayne

Ok, So I think I found out the issue.

This post goes over it from Feb 2017 Plex media server does not start if db volume in megerfs pool

TL;DR is that If you are using mergerfs (like i am) you have to disable direct_io or place the config files on a direct hard drive. @ryecoaaron did say that he might allow drives to be used in more than one pool from the GUI but I do not see anything done on that front so most people might not need something like this or use the work around. Also @trapexit never added mergefs-tools

I hope this helps someone else in the future

Evening,

I have decided to completely reformat my system and install using Techno Life Dad's Video's. I have notice that he has inconsistencies from his Openmediavault 4 install and complete setup: Current Version to his Plex Media Server on Open Media Vault using docker. Mostly it's a name convention of the folders (config vs appdata) I followed the Plex video to the letter and I get the following message "This site can’t be reached 192.168.0.43 refused to connect." If I remove the /config line and let the system decide I can get Plex to come up and give me the welcome screen. Obviously something between the first video and this one has been skipped or missed if on my or his part. I have already setup the shared folders with everyone read/write. In SMB I have made it so Public is Guest Allowed along with Browseable, inherit ACLs and Inhert Premissions as enabled. I can make folders in the appdata section from my windows machine without having to use any username or passwords. In the Past I have just let the system decide where to place the config but if i do that everything goes haywire on a update. Please help me get this correct. I can get you any screenshots needed. BTW the only other variable i have is that I'm using UFS. Here is info from the Plex Log in the spoiler section.

Afternoon,

When i first loaded my media onto my Hard drives I used the wrong method for balancing out the files. I have learn from that mistake since then, While i was searching for something else I ran across software that would help me rebalance the files. the issue is I thought I made a bookmark but alas I did not. Can anyone help me relocate that software?

looks like it's available just not installed? so just apt-get install par2 unrar

root@openmediavault:~# apt-get install par2 unrar
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Package unrar is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source

E: Package 'unrar' has no installation candidate
    root@openmediavault:~#

Files

• Capture.PNG

(9.97 kB, downloaded 351 times, last: )

I'm looking to see if the instructions are still correct for OMV 4.0, if something need to be change please let me know. Do i need to replace Jessie and wheezy to strech?

Backup your sources.list file
    cp /etc/apt/sources.list /etc/apt/sources.list.bak Add a source to the sources.list
    echo deb ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ jessie main >> /etc/apt/sources.list Add another source
    echo deb ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ wheezy non-free >> /etc/apt/sources.list Update your package lists
    apt-get update Install the required programs...Type y when asked if you would like to proceed with the installation and hit enter
    apt-get install par2 unrarAnd finally let's revert the changes made to sources list
    mv -f /etc/apt/sources.list.bak /etc/apt/sources.listYou should have unrar version 4.10

Hey all,

My plex took a crap and I decided I would just start over and install OMV 4.0, then Load Plex running on Docker. I set it up following Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced and followed each step minus a couple of differences. When I attempt to go to the plex webpage i get a This site can’t be reached 192.168.0.15 refused to connect in chrome. in IE Can’t reach this page Make sure the web address http://192.168.0.15:33400 is correct. What am I missing. I have attempted to SSH into MY-IP:32400 and all i get is connect refused. I understand most likely this is a firewall issue, I have done the following and i'm still not sure what is wrong.

Edit: I have reinstalled OMV and followed his first video plus the one for Plex to the letter. I'm not getting anywhere. please help

Files

• firewall.PNG

(5.53 kB, downloaded 237 times, last: )

If this was Docker you would just add the ports, depending on how it was installed I don't use Plex, but according to what I've found you have to open ports on the machine plex is on as this is for internal use.
    Have you installed the webtools and tried to connect?...That would be my first start.

Re your images, you should specify a source and destination, in other words ip of where the request is coming from, and it's destination, where it's going to.

This is the OMV computer that Plex Server is on.