Beiträge von AlexDausF

Hallo!
    Since 28. Feb. I get an Error warning, that packages.omv-extras.org is not working:

Is this a problem in my installation and have other users the same problem, or is this something I can mend. Ich looked for the /etc/apt/souces.list.d/omv-extras-org-custom.list and
    /etc/apt/souces.list.d/omv-extras-org-stoneburner.list but they seem to be empty. Dont know where to start to solve this. ?(
    Thanks for any advice what to do!
    Cheers Alex

Hallo Forum,

leider funktioniert bei mir die Update Funktion nicht mehr. Ich habe über die Benachrichtigungsfunktion eine Mail bekommen, dass Updates geladen wurden. In der Aktualisierungsverwaltung ist aber kein Update zu finden. Wenn ich per SSH auf den Server schaue dann sind die Updates auch pending.
    Woran kann das liegen? Haben andere Nutzer auch dieses Problem?

Besten Dank!
    Alex

Hi all!

Zitat

/etc/cron.weekly/openmediavault-update-smart-drivedb:
    Updating smartmontools drive database ...
    sed: couldn't write 89 items to stdout: Broken pipe
    cat: write error: Broken pipe
    /usr/share/smartmontools/drivedb.h updated from branches/RELEASE_5_41_DRIVEDB

I too always get this message via Mail Notification. What is going wrong. Any ideas how to mend this?

Thanks!
    Alex

Hallo,

I wanted to connect to my OMV NAS as user with sftp. But I get "permission denied" it works only as root. But as root I get the whole system / read/write. That is risky. So I put the user in the group ssh and connect worked, but I was very surprised that I still had root permission as user! So I stopped root login. Now it works. But:
    If I dont stop root login I get root privileges as user that should not be!
    Why is this? Is it a bug or am I overlooking something?

Thanks

Alex

Hallo!

I have now got my RAID mirroring 4TB drives 2x running and I have created a NFS share on it. I am watching the HD activity and i get a regular blinking of the LED and I can hear a regular sound of the 2 or one of the HD tack tack pause tack tack etc.

I dont think this is good for them. How can I find out what is going on?

Thanks for any help!

Alex

Hi ryecoaaron,

Well I didnt have to format or partition it anyway. Its there automatically through install. I left the 8Gig one as systemdisk and kept the 2 Gig DOM as spare. Now I will create the RAID.... :)

Thanks!

Alex

Well after installing i realized that 2 Gig of DOM would have been enough after all since during installation there is no need for any second partition. My 8 GB DOM only has slightly over 1 GB used. Perhaps someone has the same question. There is no swap in OMV....

Hi there!

I am shure it would work, but he has 2 Gig of Ram and I only have 1. So with a swapt partition its too tight on the 2 Gig DOM.
    An 8 Gig DOM is 30 Euros. Thats not too bad...

Thanks!

Alex

Hi!

I only have 1 GB of memory. But I dont intend to use a VM. If I buy a bigger DOM I could format a part of it as swap. Is the normal Linux style using two times the size of memory as swap ok?

Thanks!

Alex

Hallo!

I want to install OMV on a 2GB IDE DOM since I have only 2 SATA ports on my board, which I want to use for the RAID drives/partitions. Now I am getting unsure if this will be enough space. Will I need a swap partition too?
    Thanks for any advice on how I can partition my 2 GB DOM and if I should send it back and buy a bigger one?

Alex