Beiträge von 7ore

Hi.
    Today, while I was watching a movie streamed from emby, all froze and OpenMediaVault restarted.
    When I could log in again all my mirrors was gone.
    Only the OMV system disc is left.
    I tried to import all pools, but got an exception:
    exception 'OMVModuleZFSException' with message 'cannot mount '/media/puh': directory is not empty' in /usr/share/omvzfs/Utils.php:540

There are a lot of shared folders and other things pointing to these three mirrors, and I guess that the disks are fine, they have "just" dropped out of OMV.

But how do I go about to get it all back as before?

What logs can I produce to get the help I need to restore my system?

I had started to move files to empty one of the mirrors, so I could switch to xfs instead, as my system usually used over 90% of the 8Gb ram I have (and that is max).

Even if the data there can be restored from other sources, that will be a cumbersome task that I wish I can avoid...

The problem in this case was probably mostly SBK.
    I used robocopy with the parameter /MIR that makes a mirror and that removed the earlier folders I had there. After restart OMV showed the correct size of the disc.

I will probably keep zfs anyway as the other pools worked as expected and just be more careful with the parameters I use.

Thanks for the input.

I am using trial-and-error to set up my OMV-system.
    From the beginning I was dead set to use ZFS for everything, as I read about it being "the best".
    But after a misshap copying two large folders of Movies to that same folder on my ZFS-pool, giving me odd errors and multiple system restarts.

So I have taken a couple of steps back and realize that maybe I should start to walk before I run, as I am used to Windows.
    I may not be 'nix enough to go for ZFS just yet...

So my question is: What file system should I go for when it comes to my Movie library?
    Continue with ZFS and take the recent problems as learning or should I go for Ext4 or xfs instead?

Somwhere in /usr then
    65G /usr
    ...66G /

Yes.
    Found it! Thanks (Oh, the relief :) )

I installed Crashplan a week ago, I did not get it to work properly so I turned it off for the time being - I thought. And that is Not the intended folder...

du -a /usr | sort -n -r | head -n 10
    67921516 /usr
    66664936 /usr/local
    66316856 /usr/local/var
    66316852 /usr/local/var/crashplan
    66316848 /usr/local/var/crashplan/567810453366374677
    4144216 /usr/local/var/crashplan/567810453366374677/cpbf0000000000000000000
    4143836 /usr/local/var/crashplan/567810453366374677/cpbf0000000000000153376
    4143372 /usr/local/var/crashplan/567810453366374677/cpbf0000000000000356653
    4143368 /usr/local/var/crashplan/567810453366374677/cpbf0000000000000304345
    4143356 /usr/local/var/crashplan/567810453366374677/cpbf0000000000000393664

So I need to uninstall Crashplan properly and then delete any remnants in /usr folder to fix my problem..

More info. I get two mails from "My faithful employee", Monit:

But if I do ls -a on those two folders I get:

Code
    root@nasse:/media/82d520dd-45ff-4f82-a8a2-64b0804d0b10# ls -a
    .  ..

root@nasse:/media/a6eceb29-64d8-48b4-8703-1f79c9c59f08# ls -a
    .  ..

And I cannot see anything there in WinSCP either (I have enabled showing hidden files).
    This must be a hidden mountpoint or something (yes, I have tried to google, but did not fully understand the answers, or they did not apply on this case)...

I even tried to mount root on one of my large disks by: "mount -o bind / /[otherDisc]" But that started to get me infinite number of errors in the File System tab, so I unmounted that again and restared OMV.

I doubt that reinstallation from scratch is the only option here, but I am getting close to that point...

I mounted a USB-stick a while back and tried to do a backup of my system.
    At that time it failed as the backup tried to include my zfs-drives.

I then moved those in to /media and tried again. But it failed again and now I get messages that rootfs is full and I use a old 80Gb disc.

It seems that when a backup fails it starts to fill up the hard drive instead of just failing. A bug??

I tried to find the location for this huge amount of data so I could delete it. But I need some help pinpoint it.

I did

apt-get clean
    rm /var/log/*gz

That helped a little.

df -h gave this:
    Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    rootfs 71G 67G 717M 99% /

And here is "du -a /var | sort -n -r | head -n 10"
    651360 /var
    450356 /var/lib
    241028 /var/lib/clamav
    132176 /var/lib/apt
    132112 /var/lib/apt/lists
    130684 /var/opt
    114224 /var/lib/clamav/daily.cld
    87952 /var/opt/sickbeard
    63208 /var/lib/clamav/main.cvd.broken
    63204 /var/lib/clamav/main.cvd

And I have also removed the USB the wrong way as I now have two entries in the File System tab that I cannot remove:

So I need help to sort this out and a way to find that hidden area were the backup is so I can take back my hard drive. And ultimately select a USB-drive with an OK size to do a real back up of OMV...

I found a post on sabnzbds forum with this url to a repository:

Code
    deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/jcfp/ppa/ubuntu $(lsb_release -c -s) main" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list && sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net:11371 --recv-keys 0x98703123E0F52B2BE16D586EF13930B14BB9F05F

(the simpler version; "add-apt-repository ppa:jcfp/ppa" gave me errors.)

And it looked like it downloaded and updated the packages, but it does not seem like the application is updated. The wizard still states version number 7.20.

Do I have to install it as a standalone instead of as a part of the plugin framework?

Is it as expected that any change for the SickBeard plugin wipes my settings completely?

In OMV Services - Sickrage:
    I added SSL, Saved and applied - all settings wiped.
    I added a second version for test, Saved and applied - all settings wiped.

I can understand that all settings are wiped if I change from, say Sickbeard to Sickrage, But in all cases??

As a workaround I am obsessed by taking backups (in sickrage) so I have a workaround, but it is a bit annoying.

Another question.
    The fork on SickrageTV have some serious bugs and no updates for close to a month. They were very active earlier.
    Have the development moved to https://github.com/SickRage/SickRage?
    And will this version be added in the Sickbeard Plugin?

Ok, I sat up Emby a couple of weeks ago.
    since then I have moved a number of folders that was scattered over my network in to a zfs pool on OMV.
    Today I was watching something from Kodi (Emby not involved), while my daughter was watching something else with Emby.
    suddenly OMV crashed completely and I had to restart it.
    And as soon as my daughter restarted her episode it happened again.
    I investigated and it seems like Emby tried to load images from the old folder path. Or communicate with my Minix, that previously had a Emby client installed.

My question is how Emby could crash OMV at all. And if I should run it on an virtual image rather than on omv directly?

I have saved syslog for the occasion so I can look into this further. I have also deleted library.db and one more db file and then started Emby again, to get a clean library db...

Me neither. But thats the only thing that worked.
    I did try to put them in /mnt, like I said, but the only thing that worked was to leave the field for mountpoint blank, so...

if I dared to move them and found a guide for it, then maybe. But I lost a pool once when I exerimented a bit, so I am reluctant to try that again...

I get a lot of notification from OMV and that is good. I will probabl turn off some of them later but for now I like to get them.

But I would like to have two specific warnings and I can't figure out if I will get those or how to make sure I get notification on them.

I need a mail if a disc stops working. Do I get a mail if that happens?
    I have both the built in Raid and zfs raids and I can't figure out if I will get any notifications at all for my zfs raids.

Does this work out of the box or do I need to change any settings for this?
    I cannot find anything on this.

As I now got most of the things I need in working order, I wanted to do a system backup to a USB-drive.
    So I installed the plugin Backup and went to the tab called System backup.

The only setting was drive and path.

But when I run the tool it tries to do a backup of my zfs-mirrors too.
    And the result is that the room on the usb is full long before the task is done.

Is there a howto, wiki or something on how to add settings for ignored folders for backups?
    I tried to find something but "system" and "backup" is two frequent words...

I get notifications from OMV that it uses over 90% memory and when I investigate what is going on, I notice that the main culprit is SickRage that is using 65% of the available 4Gb ram. And that is while Sickrage are sleeping.
    Is that as expected and if not how do I force the service to drop all that memory?