Beiträge von koerni

Hello Forum,

I do have an odroid hc2 running OMV5 as a backup machine for multiple users (mostly just iphone, android and dslr pictures). All the pictures are mirrored to the OMV completly without any user interaction on the source device. At the moment the users connect to the OMV via samba and map the network device to view the files. Everythings runs great except one thing: is there a easy way to manage and view these files via http?

The current situation is rather complicated, especially because there is no easy way to create albums or share certain files/albums with others. Also the "timeline" function is also rather simple (view files created or modified at a certain date via the explorer or faststone image viewer). With tousands of files this not very efficiant way.

I don't want to hassle with the file structure or the files itself though. So I wonder: is there any kind of software which can handle this task?

Kind regards

Thank you for your response. OMV itself really is not configured yet. There is no share, not even a user or mount point. I have the feeling that the ext4 volume still was being created in the background so that I could not delete the file system during this process.

Hower I was able to delete the device itself without deleting the ext4 file system beforehand. After this I was able to create a new btrfs file system on the device itself. Somewhat illogical, but at least it worked! :)

Hallo Forum,

on my Odroid HC2 I try to delete the ext4 file system "WDBackup" of the device /dev/sda1 from the web gui.

However, the filesystem always shows up again. Even after a reboot.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I basically just wanted to switch to btrfs.

Kind regards

Hello together,

during apt-get update, I get the following error Message:

Bash
    Reading package lists... Done
    W: GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net/kyle1117/ppa/ubuntu cosmic InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 3028C3C96AD57103
    W: The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/kyle1117/ppa/ubuntu cosmic InRelease' is not signed.
    N: Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore potentially dangerous to use.
    N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

Any idea how to solve this?

I am running 4.1.30-1 Arrakis on my Odroid HC2.

Kind regards

Hello forum,

I just installed the flashmemory plugin on a new installation. My fstab now looks like this:

Code
    UUID=d0da7bbe-e3af-4588-8715-aa5c4478eb88 / btrfs defaults,noatime,nodiratime,commit=600,compress=lzo,errors=remount-ro 0 1
    UUID=5bab0a55-56f1-4443-8cac-297e1181425c /boot ext4 defaults,commit=600,errors=remount-ro 0 2
    tmpfs           /tmp            tmpfs   defaults        0       0

The manuel of the plugins seems to be outdated. It tells me that I have to delete the swap partition, but nothing about the boot mount point or the tmpfs.

Is it save to add the same parameters to the boot mount point? Like /boot ext4 defaults,commit=600,noatime,nodiratime,compress=lzo 0 2

Furthermor the manual of the plugin says:

Code
    Comment out the swap partition. See before and after example lines (only need to add a # to beginning of the line):
    BEFORE:
        UUID=a3c989d8-e12b-41d3-b021-098155d6b21b none swap sw 0 0
    AFTER:
        #UUID=a3c989d8-e12b-41d3-b021-098155d6b21b none swap sw 0 0

The swap partition is non excisting in my installation. IMHO the tempfs mount point in /tmp places itself on the sd card and is no ram based tmpfs. But it is by no means a ap partitition as the plugin manual says. So what to do with the tmpfs mount point?
    Kind regards
    koerni