Beiträge von DatScreamer

I have a hard drive dock that disconnects all drives in it when a new drive is put into that dock. This dock is a 2 bay hard drive dock that had one of my raid drives in it. I added a new Seagate Ironwolf 4TB drive to this dock and began copying files from my raid array to this new 4TB drive without noticing my raid array was degraded. I moved about 20GB of files from my raid array to this new 4TB drive and then noticed that my array was degraded. I immediately stopped the transfer and rebooted my server, but that did not fix anything. How can I fix this degraded array? Thanks in advance for taking the time to help me out with this.

One of my hard drives says it is removed but it is actually not removed, and is detected in the "Physical Disks" tab in the webGUI. This leads me to believe that I have to re-add it to the array. The problem is I don't actually know how to do this. Rather than playing around with 2TB of my files I have came here to ask for help. Thanks.

My RAID 10 array is as follows:

4 Seagate Barracuda drives of 1TB each in RAID 10.
    1 of these drives is connected via SATA and the rest are connected via USB on 2-port 3.5 inch external hard drive docks.

The webGUI outputs the following:

Output of commands from RAID help sticky thread:

cat /proc/mdstat

Code
    Personalities : [raid10]
    md0 : active raid10 sdc[0] sde[3] sdd[1]
          1953262592 blocks super 1.2 512K chunks 2 near-copies [4/3] [UU_U]

unused devices: <none>

mdadm --detail --scan --verbose

Code
    ARRAY /dev/md0 level=raid10 num-devices=4 metadata=1.2 name=screamserver:ScreamRaid UUID=ddaf6947:8c3f9552:e1ec6bbc:4be83769
       devices=/dev/sdc,/dev/sdd,/dev/sde

cat /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf

fdisk -l | grep "Disk "

blkid

Code
    /dev/sdc: UUID="ddaf6947-8c3f-9552-e1ec-6bbc4be83769" UUID_SUB="9a520635-d41c-8a42-4f2a-85129f667b55" LABEL="screamserver:ScreamRaid" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sdb1: UUID="4086908c-fcf7-467d-923a-867222729129" TYPE="ext4" LABEL="Ironwolf"
    /dev/sda: UUID="ddaf6947-8c3f-9552-e1ec-6bbc4be83769" UUID_SUB="f1901490-fb9c-2847-5d14-b10584fda9d9" LABEL="screamserver:ScreamRaid" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sde: UUID="ddaf6947-8c3f-9552-e1ec-6bbc4be83769" UUID_SUB="81e429b8-f7bd-7e4c-fbaa-ae82daa59b09" LABEL="screamserver:ScreamRaid" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sdd: UUID="ddaf6947-8c3f-9552-e1ec-6bbc4be83769" UUID_SUB="72d5b57e-9acb-115e-f890-92c69155af79" LABEL="screamserver:ScreamRaid" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sdf1: UUID="6ce9b17c-b25e-4ead-bb1a-96ed4982cf5f" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sdf5: UUID="f898a3d3-b314-4b29-a0d7-9e2fbea99ccc" TYPE="swap"
    /dev/md0: LABEL="ScreamDrive" UUID="f33e8fe4-1951-4061-90e6-f3241fe7401d" TYPE="ext4"

Hey guys. I created a raid array yesterday and let it re sync and have came back to the raid array's status say pending. Does this mean the re sync has failed? My main question is what does this status mean? Am I able to create the file system for the raid array?

When I try to wipe a 1TB seagate drive OMV gives me the following error and after I refresh the page the drive disapears from the list of physical drives until I reconnect it.

Error #4000:exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; sgdisk --zap-all '/dev/sdb' 2>&1': Problem opening /dev/sdb for reading! Error is 6.Problem opening '' for writing! Program will now terminate.Warning! MBR not overwritten! Error is 2!' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/diskmgmt.inc:313Stack trace:#0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDiskMgmt->wipe(Array, Array)#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('wipe', Array, Array)#3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('DiskMgmt', 'wipe', Array, Array, 1)#4 {main}

Hello. I have changed some settings with my server. I have moved files from share #1 /media/externalhddinclosure/ScreamDisk/ to /media/externalhddinclouse/ScreamMedia/Movies/ but for some reason plex does not see any folders inside ScreamMedia folder. The folders and files are clearly there because they are taking up space on the drive. In windows I can play the movies, copy the movies off the drive and play them and everything that I should be able to do but I cannot see them in Plex. When browsing in plex to add a folder I go to the correct folder /meda/externalhdinclosuse/ScreamMedia/ but the folder is empty (It is supposed to have Movies, TV, Music folders with files and more folder in them).

If anyone has an idea to why this is happening I would like to hear it.

If you are not sure I am avalibe all day so you could add me on skype (datscreamer in canada) and use teamviewer to figure it out. Thanks.

hi,
    first, you can reuse your RAID1 on a new OMV installation (OMV is recommended to be installed on separate HDD) and the RAID 1 will be seen automatically.
    if you want to see the linux RAID1 in Windows, please take a look at:
    http://www.diskinternals.com/linux-reader/
    http://qnapsupport.net/teknik-…apisindan-veri-kurtarmak/

How can I re-use the array? The RAID is seen by OMV but I cannot access the files because the dropdown list to make the filesystem for SMB/CIFS has no drives shown.

Hello. I have a raid setup (mirroring) with 2 1TB drives both working but I had to reinstall OMV so now I have to format them to use them as file storage I think because no drives show up in the list when I click add. I plugged that drives into windows to get the data off but it says disks are un-allocated.

How can I get my data off of them before formatting them?

Ok. A week later with my server down and I have fixed the issue. It was that all my devices that I was installing on/with where dying. Bought a SSD and installed OMV on it and it worked. Will keep you updated.

Hello. I was having issues installing openmediavault because I was installing on old flash usb drives, dying flash usb drives, dying hard drives and everything. So. I have tasked my dad with going to the store to buy the cheapest HDD/SSD he can find. He is on his way back with a 120GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD. Is this a good SSD to install OMV on? Should I install that flash memory plugin when using this as the installed media, and do I need to do anything else to run OMV on this SSD stable?

Here is the product link: http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX49961

Specs:
    Drive Type: 2.5" Soild State Drive (SSD)
    Capacity: 120GB
    Sequential Reads: 450MB/s
    Sequential Writes: 450MB/s
    Max Random 4k Read/Writeup: to 85,000 / up to 55,000 IOPS
    Technology: SandForce
    Interface: SATA III
    Vibration Operating: 2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
    Non-operating: 20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
    Power Consumption: 0.640W Idle / 1.423 W Read / 2.052 W Write
    MTBF: 1,000,000 Hrs
    Dimensions: 70 x 100 x 7 mm
    Weight: 86g

This drive comes with a 2 year replacement plan so I guess if I do fry it like everything else I can get a new one. Ha.
    Thanks.