Beiträge von bal000

ok

edited post up with real errors messages for

• osx finder
    • systemctl status smbd.service nmbd.service
    • systemctl status smbd.service restart

now
    fresh install on fresh disks....same errors

everything updated, resetperm plugin installed, reset permission to shared folder
    (it's that? the plugin i mean, make appear a new tab "reset permission" in Access permissions management -> Shared folder -> Reset permission, right?)

ok still same issues....

clean install OMV iso
    added debian jessie backport, only to try upgrade ethernet firmware module .... NIC works with default firmw module, only give error output at init update

because of this error i thought there was smb error... but not

now i'm rollback and commented jessie backport repo

never tried resetperm plugin i thought it was only to correct errors of permission in network file transfert :D (i problem which i have in old Iomega NAS at work) i will try :thumbup:

thread opener -seem- solved thru reinstall everything
    i've made a fresh install and the problem remains***

ii've got a series of problem with smb

- mine it's a clean install 3.0.74
    - i've created partition -> shared foldes -> give permission to users (mine... it's the only one for now), no ACL touched -> move to smb/cifs tab -> put in list the shared folders

- in osx finder the server it's show up, but says it can't connect because "This file server does not allow additional users login. Try to reconnect later."**
    - in Windows10 server not shown, tried to connect with \\ip.machine but says "Error code: 0X80070035 The network path was not found"

- i remembered a missing firmware error
    update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-4-amd64
    W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8168f-2.fw for module r8169
    so i tried to update with jessie-backports repo... the result was disappear of afp/smb servers on Osx, same errors with direct ip connection
    rollback to old firmware

-tried
    xyz@xyz$ systemctl status smbd.service nmbd.service● smbd.service - LSB: start Samba SMB/CIFS daemon (smbd)Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/smbd)Active: active (exited) since ven 2017-05-12 01:56:10 CEST; 5min agoProcess: 1022 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/smbd start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

mag 12 01:56:10 N6 smbd[1022]: Starting SMB/CIFS daemon: smbd.mag 12 01:56:10 N6 systemd[1]: Started LSB: start Samba SMB/CIFS daemon (smbd).

● nmbd.service - LSB: start Samba NetBIOS nameserver (nmbd)Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/nmbd)Active: active (exited) since ven 2017-05-12 01:56:10 CEST; 5min agoProcess: 882 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/nmbd start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

mag 12 01:56:10 N6 nmbd[882]: Starting NetBIOS name server: nmbd.mag 12 01:56:10 N6 systemd[1]: Started LSB: start Samba NetBIOS nameserver ...).Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.

systemctl status smbd.service restart● smbd.service - LSB: start Samba SMB/CIFS daemon (smbd)Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/smbd)Active: active (exited) since ven 2017-05-12 01:56:10 CEST; 7min agoProcess: 1022 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/smbd start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

mag 12 01:56:10 N6 smbd[1022]: Starting SMB/CIFS daemon: smbd.mag 12 01:56:10 N6 systemd[1]: Started LSB: start Samba SMB/CIFS daemon (smbd).

● restart.serviceLoaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)Active: inactive (dead)Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.

so...

Zitat

Not being able to view samba shares is a permissions/setup issue most of the time.

permissions of what? shares permission, files/folder which contains settings permission?
    PS: if i try some changes some settings (like guest permitted->yes) on Smb/CIF tab make errors which affects even netatalk plugin and auto discovery in osx and every server (afp/smb) disappear is it possible?

**EDIT
    ***ok tomorrow i will try new ways with other fresh disks...maybe it recreate a new smb.conf to work with...
    stay tuned

ok, i understand the stalemate situation of raid5/6 is a big big problem to move the entire project to a business level, but i think there is a fat amount of OMV users which want only to store data in a simple way, like raid1 or 10

for what i've read until now Btrfs raid5/6 is not done yet, but will be in the future (or is in dubt this point?) so a easy management mask could be a big deal even now with raid1/10 setups

my 2 cents

Hi, i would know if is planned a BTRFS plugin to have some tools like:
    snapshots management, native raid, array expansion... maybe replication or restoring tools to handle disk or FS fails

directly on WebGUI, like ZFS have (i don't tested yet, so i don't know what tipe of tools inside zfs one, i just imagined)

is it possible to see in the near future or just in my dream? :whistling:

Currently OMV core is ready and i think most of the bugs coming from the recoding of the whole code have been fixed.

:thumbup: cool, many thumbs up for work done!

Zitat

e.g. netatalk. Due the fact that OMV does not provide maintenance for such packages like netatalk the plugins are dropped until Debian includes the packages into their repositories again.

WTF! was planned to work like a TimeMachine also || i'm astonished about this... is there some workaround to have a working afp net? maybe handmade package without interface in OMV?

thaks anyway