Posts by Shinobi

i figured out that something seems to be wrong in the "network" file, but i don't see any issues.

#!/bin/sh
    # This script adds support for sending data to InfluxDB

set -e

. /etc/default/openmediavault
    . /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts/helper-functions

OMV_COLLECTD_CONFIG=${OMV_COLLECTD_CONFIG:-"/etc/collectd/collectd.conf"}
    OMV_COLLECTD_CONFIG_DIR=${OMV_COLLECTD_CONFIG_DIR:-"/etc/collectd/collectd.conf.d"}
    OMV_COLLECTD_RRDTOOL_MKGRAPH=${OMV_COLLECTD_RRDTOOL_MKGRAPH:-"/usr/sbin/omv-mkrrdgraph"}

HOST_NAME=`homenas`

# change hostname
    sed -i -e "s/Hostname\ \"localhost\"/Hostname\ \"$HOST_NAME\"/g" ${OMV_COLLECTD_CONFIG}

cat <<EOF > "${OMV_COLLECTD_CONFIG_DIR}/network.conf"
    LoadPlugin network
    <Plugin "network">
    Server "192.168.1.240" "25826"
    </Plugin>
    EOF

Hi,

I'm following this guide to get Influxdb and Grafana working, but it seems the the "network" file cannot be found by the service. It does exist in the right place, but maye this guide was for an older OMV version? I see this error when i input the command sudo omv-mkconf collectd
    https://forum.openmediavault.o…light=influxdb#post204733

run-parts: failed to exec /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/collectd.d/network: No such file or directory
    run-parts: /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/collectd.d/network exited with return code 1

the network file perms are set to 755

Hi, does your solution still apply in OMV4 and until which step did you follow the guide?

Thanks a lot

Hey guys,

I just stumbled upon Grafana and it looks very nice, so I would like to set it up to monitor some data and stats about my NAS. Unfortunately I have no idea how to do that. In the forum I could also not find any guide about it. It seems a few are actually using it, so it would be nice if someone could share a little how-to...

Thanks a lot!

Thanks a lot. The script looks really nice and does what I want it to. I basically always want a sync every week, if files have changed.

I never called a script in the scheduled jobs. Could you help me out a little with the config please?

Lets say I save the script in "scripts/snapScript.sh" on my NAS. Do I have to call this exact command "scripts/snapScript.sh" ? Do I need to install something extra to send the mail or will it work when I enable the "send command output via mail" feature from the scheduled job wizard?

Thank you in advance!

Don't sync without doing a diff first and understanding what it is telling you. Reading files from the array during SnapRAID operations is harmless. Adding files during a sync will generate warnings saying you shouldn't do that and suggest running the sync again.

There are several well written scripts available that perform SnapRAID operations in a recommended order. Most users will find that such a script will satisfy their needs. OMV comes bundled with one.

Ok thanks. Can you please point me to those scripts or show me where I can find the existing one within OMV. Thanks a lot

so you do a diff before you sync? I thought it makes sense to do it right after, so it's a confirmation about a successful sync. Does it interfere with a sync, if i watch eg. a movie while the sync is running?

Hi,

I have Snapraid configured on my NAS for a while, but I'm still not sure if it is set up the best way possible. My setup looks like this: 2 Data drives, 1 parity

Most of my data is media, so I have a scheduled "snapraid sync" job running once a week. This seems to work, but when I look in the snapraid log files, it never mentions the weekly sync. Only when I do it manually. Is that normal?

What about a "diff" or "scrub" job? Should I also do that every week or month? I hope someone can give me a few pointers on them.

Thanks a lot!

The issue is explained here and here and is no problem, it simply creates an annoying output, nothing more.

A simple fix may be to edit /root/.profile and replace

Bash
    mesg n || true

sorry to dig up this old topic... i understand what i have to do, but how can i edit this file with which command? ssh via putty is not the problem, but what then? sorry, i should get more linux knowledge, i know

Hi,

i have 3 disks (2 data, 1 parity) in my nas with snapraid and spin them down via hd-idle after 5min. i noticed that my disk spin up multiple times throughtout the day, without me accessing them. how can i find out, what causes that? in the syslog there are no entries and i also disabled s.m.a.r.t. check for now.

i have some docker running: sonarr & radarr

Any hints on how to find out or create logs about spinning up would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot!