Posts by peterfarge

Hello Forum,

I messed up my old OMV installation and I had to reinstall it.

Its an old 32 Bit PC with ZFS volumes on 2 internal drives. There seems to be no 32 Bit ISOs anymore? The latest I could found is openmediavault_3.0.36-i386.iso. I installed it and I tried to get ZFS running (Link to zfs tutorial): I updated OMV3, then I uploaded and installed openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all3.deb. In the OMV-Extras menu I activated "OMV-Extras.org Testing." But there is no ZFS plugin to install? I also cannot install the Proxmox kernel. I think the underlying debian system is to old.

Can someone give me a hint how I can install OMV on a 32bit system with ZFS?

Thanks

Peter

But this is the reason we are here. To alter, tune, optimize and finally crash a running system. This is what we do!

I removed the swap partition by putting the sdcard into my laptop and resizing with gparted. Now I have my 4GB extra space. The flashmemory plugin tells me in the web gui to remove the swap partition from fstab. Because I removed it completely I got some errors in dmesg. I had to remove the swap partition uuid also from '/etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume'.

Hello Forum,

some days ago I installed Arakis on a microserver system. With a 32GB SDCard as root file system. All worked fine. Because of the omv extra flashmemory plugin, I removed the swap partition from the fstab file. But now 4GB space are unused (the swap partition). So I started fdisk and I used the old jedi trick:
    -- Delete the swap partition and then
    -- Delete the root partition and then
    -- Re-Create the root partition with fdisk beginning with the same sector and add the extra space. reboot+resize2fs+e2fsck
    -- (I left 100MB space unused at the end of the SDCard for a second primary partition.)

But now the system does not start anymore. (Non-System disk or disk error). I started a linux live system. I checked the filesystem with force. I checked the bios and its not uefi. So I tried this manual.

All seems fine, but after a reboot the error is still 'Non-System disk or disk error'

Can someone give me a hint what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Peter

Edit: After sending this posting to the forum, I got a message that an error occurs and that I have to send a ticket to the admin. So I posted it again. Sorry for the double posting. :(

Hello Forum,

I bought a HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8, Celeron G1610T, 4GB RAM with two 2GB HDs and a MicroSDCard for the OS. I followed the instructions for installing OMV and the ZFS extension. Now I want to create an RAID 1 encrypted Volumen with ZFS. I want to give the decryption password evertime the server starts. Currently I'm creating my first ZFS mirror RAID. Can someone give me a hint, how I can set the encryption in place?

Thanks

Peter