Posts by mcgyver83

web root is the root directory that the web site is in. If you were creating a cert for the OMV web interface, it would be /var/www/openmediavault/
    domain is the web site's public domain that points to your server. Not sure how to describe that any differently.

Ok, I got it :)
    If I want to generate SSL cert for "a service" different than omv webGui?
    I mean I expose some services like ipcam manger webGui and so on, how can I generate SSL cert for this services?

Sorry, you're right.

Now I filled it but this error appears

Code
    Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
    Please enter in your domain name(s) (comma and/or space separated) (Enter 'c'
    to cancel):An unexpected error occurred:
    EOFError: EOF when reading a line
    Please see the logfiles in /var/log/letsencrypt for more details.
    Done...

Log file says

I generated a cert via CLI, can I import it in OMV so I can use renew feature from omv webGui?

Hi, I'm running OMV release 3.0.90 with letsencript plugin on a Raspberry Pi2.
    I tried to generate e certificate but when I choose "generate" I have this error.
    I tried both with and without defining a "Domain" with the same result.

Code
    usage:
    certbot [SUBCOMMAND] [options] [-d DOMAIN] [-d DOMAIN] ...
    Certbot can obtain and install HTTPS/TLS/SSL certificates. By default,
    it will attempt to use a webserver both for obtaining and installing the
    cert.
    certbot: error: argument --cert-name: expected one argument
    Done...

I tried to use certbot via CLI I had success.
    How can I "import" this certificate generated via CLI in omv webGui?

Thanks!

1. done :) just a question? Why the out of the box system has a root partition and another one not initialized instead of having the full microSD used by root partition?

2. ok I'll skip it :)

3. Why isn't recommended to use microSD as home folder?

Ok, sorry, I miss it..
    But how can I initialize it without removing microSD? From webGui I cannot create new filesystem, no devices appear in dropdown list.
    Is it possible to expand root partition to use the entire free space?
    And last: is it possible to enable home folder for users? In the webGui page I haven't any device in dropdown list

I tried the OMV_3_0_88_RaspberryPi_2_3_4.9.41.img.xz image on a 16 GB microSD card.
    Once the gui was usable I started configuring OMV.
    With standard images I had out of the box the "boot" partition and also a partition with home folder for users.
    Now with the "image for rpi" I have no "device" to be chosen when I create my first user and I have to create the user without home folder.
    How can I setup this "data" partition?

I try to explain this in a different way: with the standard image in webGui there you can create shared folder (as example) using a "device" that is the EXT4 microSd partition.
    Now I have not "drive" in shared folder webGui but via ssh / is 8GB (not exactly 8).
    I installed raspi-config to expand it (I'm using 16GB card) but it says "mmcblk0p2 is not the last partition. Don't know how to expand".

Why?

I miss also "standard" user home files, like .profile, .bashrc and so on

All Raspbian packages are built for ARMv6 (that's the whole reason Raspbian exists since back in 2012 upstream Debian already stopped supporting older architectures than ARMv7 so RPi folks had to build an own repo and rebuild all packages to be able to provide a Debian for the old single core ARMv6 Raspberries). The older OMV images for RPi (prior to mid July) relied on Raspbian so regardless which CPU type you use (RPi 3 and RPi 2B V1.1 use even 64-bit ARMv8 CPU cores) with Raspbian you always end up with code 'optimized' for ARMv6.
    Some stuff (eg. the stupid sysbench pseudo benchmark) could benefit a lot when built optimized for ARMv8 but with this use case here (NAS, that means IO and network bound) the differences are negligible (the RPi folks chose pretty good compiler flags so sometimes or even often a Raspbian ARMv6 binary can run faster than one built for Debian Jessie ARMv7)

AFAIK not.

Ok thanks.
    So starting from scratch with OMV images from the first page (like this one) should be better to run OMV with rpi2, at last to have "healt" information.
    Using these new images also gain ARMv7 packages instead of "ARMv6 running over ARMv7 architecture", isn't it?

I'm powering rpi with a dedicated power supply with 2A as output (I selected this after reading some review) so I hope no power issue.
    The Y cable has backpower problem for sure ( I verified) but I'm going to isolate related connector in the cable plug to have power only from router or from another power supply.

Coming back to SMART: this device is dying or is normal?

As expected, the hardware is not up to the job (NAS).

I fear you can't since the base system is something completely different (ARMv6 Raspbian vs. ARMv7 'original' Debian now). But it's useless to do such a switch anyway since you can't fix hardware in software and the only real possible advantage of the new RPi images is that they contain some monitoring features showing why it's wrong to use Raspberries as NAS: That's raspimon and the 'health' logfile explained in post #2 of this thread.

Ok, rpi isn't the right device to build a nas but my purpose is to have an ftp server and a media server to share media in my network.
    I'm not relying on a rpi to have a rock solid NAS.

Why you say "ARMv6 Raspbian vs. ARMv7 'original' Debian now"? Rpi2 has an ARMv7 cpu, now I'm running OMV3 on a rpi2 so you are saying that below the line "my OMV" is running using Raspbian ARMv6 version?

At the end there isn't a way to keep configurations and apply them to a fresh "OMV for RPI" image?

Each time I login into the web gui I receive an error mail saying it's not possible to send below mail due this error:

Code
    DNS Error: 7218971 DNS type 'mx' lookup of raspberrypi.localdomain responded with code NXDOMAIN Domain name not found: raspberrypi.localdomain

Where can I disable this mail or how can I set the proper domain?

Usb device is a TOSHIBA MQ01UBD100 USB 3.0
    I didn't "censored" the line, I didn't get that the mouse was on the screenshot and the tooltip appeared.
    Attached the clear SMART table.
    I'm going to read the link proposed by @tkaiser about the red attribute.

I'm running rsync each night to "clone" this drive but I'm interested to understand if the device is going bad or is normal usage.
    Next step is to setup a better backup strategy.
    The device is connected via Y cable to usb router port and usb raspberry port (so no power issue should happens)

This is the output:

Hints?
    I also did with ubuntu an fsck -fy of the microSD card

Hi, I enabled mail notification for OMV on a raspberry pi2 and I red about issue with RRDTool.
    Stopping and restarting monitoring service I see this error

Error #0:exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start 'rrdcached' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for rrdcached.service failed. See 'systemctl status rrdcached.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175Stack trace:

and executing "sudo systemctl status rrdcached.service"

sudo systemctl status rrdcached.service
    ● rrdcached.service - LSB: start the RRDtool data caching daemon
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/rrdcached)
    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2017-10-12 20:16:40 CEST; 59s ago
    Process: 25547 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/rrdcached start (code=exited, status=127)

Oct 12 20:16:40 raspberrypi rrdcached[25547]: Starting RRDtool data caching daemon: rrdcached/usr/bin/rrdcached: error while loading shared libraries: libpixman-1.so.0: cannot open shared object file: Error 117
    Oct 12 20:16:40 raspberrypi systemd[1]: rrdcached.service: control process exited, code=exited status=127
    Oct 12 20:16:40 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: start the RRDtool data caching daemon.
    Oct 12 20:16:40 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Unit rrdcached.service entered failed state.

What's the problem? :(