Beiträge von sieben

RoiBurgonde In case you still want to give Seafile a try:
    https://github.com/haiwen/seafile-rpi/releases

This is a specific build for ARM machines, which I use since a few years already.

Works perfectly fine as an self-hosted Dropbox-like solution.

There is also a - bit outdated - guide on how to Seafile here in the forum: How to install Seafile with MySQL and SSL

Now it is actually simpler to setup than this guide, once you have a mysql or mariaDB instance running - e.g. as docker container.

I prefer it over Syncthing, as I had a hard time getting Syncthing to run as I wanted to.

But in case you still have an old OMV installation with a 3.4 kernel simply forget about and start from scratch with latest official OMV image

Yes, I want to move from OMV 2 to 3, so I will start from scratch anyway. Then I think I'll stick to getting a new sd-card, from your link I guess you recommend Samsung evo sd-cards. I guess there is no difference if it's a micro-sd with adapter compared to a normal sized sd-card?

sourceforge.net/projects/openm…s/Other%20armhf%20images/ --> write the image with Etcher --> boot it --> activate SSH access in the UI --> partition the SATA device manually as you want (OMV doesn't need that much space unless you want to also run Plex without modifications) --> nand-sata-install --> /dev/sda1 --> done (tested by me when working on nand-sata-install +10 times)

Thanks for the rapid answer!

I did it exactly like you said, but:
    After moving it to SSD with nand-sata-install script, I couldn't reach the webUI. Ping was possible, but nothing else. Somehow the server didn't come up correctly.
    But when you say it should work, I'll try it again...

Otherwise I already thought about getting a new sdcard, as the one I have is old & crappy.

--> Is it possible to copy the whole OS from an old to a new sdcard, without setting up everything from scratch again?

Hat denn jemand es bisher geschafft OMV 3 auf einem Banana PI laufen zu lassen
    UND von der einer HDD/SSD zu booten, ohne, dass diese nur als read-only gemountet wird?

Oder habt ihr das OS einfach auf der sd-card belassen?

Grüße

Hi all,

my OMV2 is running since over 300 days non stop on a banana PI without any issues.
    Everything is moved onto a SSD via SATA.

So there is only the required boot-stuff on the sdcard.

Since last night I get high CPU percentage because of high wait-io.

The iostat command tells me 100% utilization of the sdcard:

Code
    avg-cpu:  %user   %nice %system %iowait  %steal   %idle
              12.12    0.00    3.79   84.09    0.00    0.00

Device:         rrqm/s   wrqm/s     r/s     w/s    rkB/s    wkB/s avgrq-sz avgqu-sz   await r_await w_await  svctm  %util
    sda               0.00     3.00    0.00   10.50     0.00    54.00    10.29     0.01    0.95    0.00    0.95   0.95   1.00
    mmcblk0           0.00     0.00    0.00    0.00     0.00     0.00     0.00   106.00    0.00    0.00    0.00   0.00 100.00

Is the sdcard damaged or where does the high wait IO come from?

I do not want to try to reboot, as this would probably fail, if the sdcard is damaged.

Thanks a lot.

That's all fine and dandy on a locally-hosted OC installation, but completely impossible on a shared hosting people may use for availability reason.
    The first or second command line for an upgrade, according to OC's manual, is:

sudo -u www-data php occ maintenance:mode --on

There's no such thing as sudo on a shared hosting, or the provider has more serious problems than supporting an outdated version of OC.

My post was about Seafile not OC..
    I'd say that Seafile is possible to be installed only with user-rights - no sudo or similar needed.

Keep in mind to stop seafile,
    extract the downloaded file with the specific user,
    use the upgrade script from the /upgrade directory from the previously extracted folder (e.g. upgrade_5.1_6.0.sh to upgrade from 5.1.3 to 6.0.3)
    check all file permissions
    start seafile.

and your done.

More information helps by the way.. OMV version? plugin version? What do you want to do with the plugin?

If you don't want any Supervision on sockets or IPs, put a "-" into the IP-Range field. Maybe that helps...

updating seafile-server-latest symbolic link to /opt/seafile/seafile-server-5.1.3 ...

You obviously didn't run the right script. This script does not automatically download and update to the newest version.
    You have to download and extract the new version, as @Zoki already said.

For the upgrade, you have to run the seafile script of the new version, inside the new directory.
    In this case:

../seafile-server-5.1.4/upgrade/

Thanks Zoki, I totally agree!!

AND: Stop the seafile server before upgrading!