Posts by Groty

Code
    [tato.core.plugins.renamer] Failed removing /media/893f69f2-ebe2-49a9-98fb-e4bcb0f54cb8/incoming/nzb/Downloads/complete/movies/The.Movie.1982.iNTERNAL.DVDRip.XviD-GxP.cp(tt0083642)/The.Movie.1982.iNTERNAL.DVDRip.XviD-GxP.nzb: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/couchpotato/couchpotato/core/plugins/renamer.py", line 591, in scan os.remove(src) OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/media/893f69f2-ebe2-49a9-98fb-e4bcb0f54cb8/incoming/nzb/Downloads/complete/movies/The.Movie.1982.iNTERNAL.DVDRip.XviD-GxP.cp(tt0083642)/The.Movie.1982.iNTERNAL.DVDRip.XviD-GxP.nzb'

This is just one error, I'm also telling Couchpotato to perform a cleanup after everything is done.

Just got the whole Couchpotato/Sab/Sonarr/OMV Shares all up and configured, all of the directories mapped out. I experienced something similar earlier while import my TV library into Sonarr, keep getting random read denials on the NFO's.

This time Sabnzdb download the movie, directory was created and everything moved over on completion. Couchpotato attempted do its work, then the above error. For some reason it did copy the *.idx file over to the Movies share and create the directory. However, it was replacing an older existing movie and it couldn't delete that directory either.

In users, I setup enabled read/write on all of the service accounts and read/write permissions for them on the shares too. What am I doing wrong? Am i going to have to run a scheduled task to 775/777 all of the directories under my shares so everything will play nice together?

There is a connection issue there, could be DNS. But version seems little bit outdated. In general settings, switch to develop and update sonarr. Check if it behaves better.
    Sonarr Home folder should be owned by sonarr username. Go there and check that the folder has right permissions. Also check permission on the top level folder /home and that hasn't been tampered, like 700 mode or something weird.
    should be root:root 755 IIRC.

I posted on /r/Sonarr - my IP may be getting blocked due to "abuse", too many requests in succession. That would explain why it grabs a few and has written some posters, then croaks. I was asked to hop on their IRC channel to speak with one of the admins. I had a feeling it may be something like that. So I'll check there this evening after work.

Thanks!

Did you import the library by copying the db file?
    or you're talking about importing the library adding folders?

Adding folders.

I disabled it last night - it seems to hang and totally stopped writing logs. I re-enabled this morning and it looks like it parsed some episodes and stopped logging again. Still loaded with the above errors and the ones below - over and over again.

No Transmission installed, I uninstalled that to go with Deluge instead. It's only mapped to Sab, I haven't added indexers yet. Figured I'd get everything imported then let it go, but that doesn't seem to be going so well. Is the DB locking? Could it be rights with writing the folder that has the jpgs? A URL change for the scraper? It's tough for me to make sense of the logs and errors.

Version
    Mono Version
    4.2.2 (Stable 4.2.2.30/996df3c Mon Feb 15 17:30:30 UTC 2016)
    AppData directory
    /home/sonarr/.config/NzbDrone
    Startup directory
    /opt/Sonarr

Hi,

I just set up Sonarr via the repo and imported my library. I noticed the posters weren't showing up for everything. I checked the logs and noticed this...

Does this look like a rights or config issue?

(1) You can schedule a job for snapraid (In the Navi "Schedule Jobs") See here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13344648/snapjob.PNG

(2) Think about like this: snapraid calculates the checksum/hash of your data disk and saves this to the parity disk.
    In return snapraid can calculate the actual file from the hash. Additionally a filelist is stored on each data disk.

regards
    Tristan

The dropbox link is dead. What's the Command to enter in the Scheduled task for a Sync? A screenshot would be very helpful.

Hi,

I've setup my new OMV installation and attempting to move my data from my old Windows server to my OMV NAS. The servers are connected to the same Wifi Bridge. My current transfer speed is slow, 11MB/s. I'm looking at about 10TB's to move. I can't really do much to alleviate the speed issues with the network.

What are my options? The best methods?

• Map shares and XCopy from Windows to OMV? Does this bypass any permissions issues that may arise?
    • FTP from Win to OMV? I've started doing this but I'll get random permissions issues. It's odd, but I figure it's faster than via Windows Explorer.
    • RSync? It really doesn't seem like it's designed for a one time move and the directory/share structure is different on the new machine. I don't want it trying to sync back to the old Win machine.
    • HotSwap? New OMV has hotswap drive bays. Should I remove the HDD's from the old machines, plug them in, and mount them to copy? Will there be any potential issues like NTFS permissions or hoops to jump through? I'm a bit rusty and unclear on all of the mappings of the directories via SSH to make sure I issue the proper folder mappings using CP commands.
    • Are there any other options I'm missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I just installed Emby server. I decided to add Music but it doesn't seem to be loading the directories. I'd also like to allow the Emby user to write to the folders, meta data.

How do I modify the Emby user or be able to view it in the OMV users/groups management list?

Basically, I want to provide it with read/write/modify rights to my main media folder and all directories below it.

Nevermind, only data. I see how it works now!!! This is damned awesome!!!

Small donation coming! I'll have to make it a habit to donate regularly so the devs can keep up the great work and to help offset hosting costs.

It's a good day!

Machine is setup and OMV is installed. I've installed OMV-Extras as well. I haven't mounted the 4 - 4TB drives yet...

So next steps, I'm guessing.

• Mount the data drives
    • Configure Snapraid

• Select Parity Drive
      • Then Content on one drive + data
      • Data on the other two.
    • Then install and configure UnionFilesystem?
      • Setup shares via UnionFilesystem? Or OMV will see only 1 drive for data at that point and set up my shares that way?

Are there any recommendations/best-practice folder structures people use?

ryecoaaron - Thank you SO MUCH for clear and concise answers, as well as your patience with my questions. I'm going to dig into mdadm a bit as well. I will have more questions, I'm sure.

I'll be back when I can focus, too much going on with work today to delve into all of it and think straight.

Big question... Is the server going to run 24/7 with battery backup?

On the shopping list.

Do you have any more info on an implementation of unionfilesystem in OVM? I'm guessing I would run with SnapRAID, then put a unionfilesystem on top of that? How does ufs manage writing data? So when I put a photo in the PHOTOS directory, ufs selects the physical drive to place it on or does it stripe? One of the benefits, as I understand it, of SnapRAID is that it only spins up the drive the file is on where other RAID solutions will stripe and spin them all up for read/write. So with SnapRAID, if you lose a drive, you only lose the files on it, not across all striped drives.

Hi,

I've been searching throughout the forums to gain a better understanding of OVM and the best way to configure it for my purposes. These questions span several topics, so I'm posting here in General Configuration discussions.

Here are my goals at this point. I currently have a Windows server cobbled together for my media but I need a purpose built installation, and it's running out of space in the case.

• This is to support my media for my Kodi installations, space for my photos in RAW format, and Documents.
    • I have PVR'd media and it will continue to grow.
    • I'd like to leverage the Crashplan plugin to backup my Photos and Documents, not my other media.
    • One SAMBA share for each media type is my ideal goal. PVR'd TV, Backed up Movies, Backed up Music, Documents, Books, and Photo's
    • I'd like to be able to survive 1 HDD failure, possibly two. I have had an HDD fail, not fun.

I recently purchased a 12 bay case, 3 2.5's and 8 hot swaps on the front.

I'm trying to understand file structure setup, parity using SnapRAID for redundancy, and adding new drives.

I suspect the recommendation is EXT4, so let's set that as an assumption.

Visualizing helps me, so I'm going to draw this out in a way here. Hopefully someone can use this to demonstrate structure and configuration. I'm a bit fried with 12-14 hours/7 days a week on an ERP project at work, so please be patient with me.

Here's the physical drives. Let's say 1 120 GB for OVM then 6 of the 8 hot swaps filled.

• Internal - sda0 - 120GB 2.5inch SSD for OVM/OS/Plugins
    • Hot Swap 1 - sda01 - 4TB
    • Hot Swap 2 - sda02 - 4TB
    • Hot Swap 3 - sda03 - 4TB
    • Hot Swap 4 - sda04 - 4TB
    • Hot Swap 5 - sda05 - 4TB
    • Hot Swap 6 - sda06 - 4TB
    • Hot Swap 7 - Empty
    • Hot Swap 8 - Empty

So as I THINK I understand it, SnapRAID uses a parity disk. So instead of striping across all disks, we reserve 1 to maintain the parity bits.

• Is this correct?
    • Is there a limit to the max number of drives for 1 parity drive.
    • Does that leave me with 20TB(5 Drives) of usable space?
    • Would anything be gained by adding another parity drive in the above scenario?

File structure -

• Is it possible to set up 1 share for each media type, then OVM manages it across the disks? Not sure of the terminology, virtual disks?
    • Or do I need to define shares on each drive. ie..

• Assuming sda01 is dedicated parity

• sda02

• PVR'd TV
        • sda03

• PVR'd TV
        • sda04

• Backed Up Movies
        • sda05

• Backed Up Movies
        • sda06

• Photos
          • Audio
          • Documents

That kinda cramps things if one category starts growing faster than expected.

Adding drives. Is it as simple as putting in an additional drive and mounting it?

Back to the setup above with the two empty Hot Swaps. I have my media sitting on a Windows Server today with NTFS. Is it possible/safe to take out each of those drives, plug it into an empty hot swap, then transfer the contents over to the new drive space? it would definitely be the fastest method.

I'm in no rush, at least a month away from purchasing the rest of the hardware. I just want to attempt to set this up the best way possible for my situation on the first try.

Thanks for your patience and guidance in advance.

I'm dead tired, I probably won't be back on until the morning to respond. X/