Beiträge von peleroform

Yes, I noticed you mentioned that, why I don't know.

Most likely, but before you do that I would look at other alternative options and ask yourself why am I using raid.

Well, than lets try it.

Why RAID? It was only for a project, and now. I need a few data from that project - and all files are backuped, only the 2 I need not - why... the project ends and nobody thought that the files will be need anymore.

The change was from a 3.x (sorry can not remember the exact version) to the actuall Version 4.
    The basic Hardware ( a banana pi) is still the same.

What did I:

The banana pi should be upgraded to version 4. During the process, something got wrong, so that the installation could not been used anymore.
    So I desiced to setup the system new.

During the time to setup, I connected the 2 drives to a VM with OMV 4 just to get the data to work. The drives are found and the raid also at the VM.

After seting up the banana pi new now, I pluged the 2 drives in. They are found but not the raid.

The output of the shell is:

1. cat /proc/mdstat

Code
    Personalities : [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [raid10]
    md127 : inactive sdb[0](S) sda[2](S)
          976511024 blocks super 1.2

unused devices: <none>

2. blkid

Code
    /dev/mmcblk0p1: UUID="a92f0025-df4e-46d0-b014-6787bd3a082c" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="d2267b65-01"
    /dev/mmcblk0p2: UUID="22344ba7-9248-4a85-9c7b-04d421246574" UUID_SUB="8163720d-cd6f-498f-b4ca-dd27ab0e80ec" TYPE="btrfs" PARTUUID="d2267b65-02"
    /dev/zram0: UUID="6ea6f6ce-848a-431e-b4ef-1fc73bfa3668" TYPE="swap"
    /dev/zram1: UUID="a8420136-54f3-4848-86b7-55ce2c861368" TYPE="swap"
    /dev/sdb: UUID="78097544-450b-f1c7-7961-e9241171dbe9" UUID_SUB="54d34082-4fd9-d138-f135-bb0d4a6e4f6c" LABEL="openmediavault:AquaServer" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sdc: UUID="78097544-450b-f1c7-7961-e9241171dbe9" UUID_SUB="902996a0-2bfb-97e3-29ca-2e53e3fb4bf5" LABEL="openmediavault:AquaServer" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/mmcblk0: PTUUID="d2267b65" PTTYPE="dos"
    /dev/mmcblk0p3: PARTUUID="d2267b65-03"
    root@bananapi:~#

3. fdisk -l | grep "Disk "

Code
    Disk /dev/ram0: 4 MiB, 4194304 bytes, 8192 sectors
    Disk /dev/ram1: 4 MiB, 4194304 bytes, 8192 sectors
    Disk /dev/ram2: 4 MiB, 4194304 bytes, 8192 sectors
    Disk /dev/ram3: 4 MiB, 4194304 bytes, 8192 sectors
    Disk /dev/mmcblk0: 7.5 GiB, 8068792320 bytes, 15759360 sectors
    Disk identifier: 0xd2267b65
    Disk /dev/zram0: 249.7 MiB, 261767168 bytes, 63908 sectors
    Disk /dev/zram1: 249.7 MiB, 261767168 bytes, 63908 sectors
    Disk /dev/sdb: 465.8 GiB, 500107862016 bytes, 976773168 sectors
    Disk /dev/sdc: 465.8 GiB, 500107862016 bytes, 976773168 sectors

4. cat /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf

5. mdadm --detail --scan --verbose

INACTIVE-ARRAY /dev/md127 num-devices=1 metadata=1.2 name=openmediavault:AquaServer UUID=78097544:450bf1c7:7961e924:1171dbe9devices=/dev/sdb

6. Post type of drives and quantity being used as well.

USB 2.0 - 500GB each

7. Post what happened for the array to stop working? Reboot? Power loss?

see before

Thanks for help

Dear all,

after the change of OMV version, the software RAID (2x 500GB - Mirror) is not shown anymore. I just see the 2 drives under drives. Lasttime I had a change of my hardware, The RAID was shown unter RAIDS.

What can I do to get my RAID and data back?

If I create a new RAID in the webgui, my data will be deleted, or?

Thanks for yor help.

If I type say mount at the shell I get:

On fdisk -lu I get:

Regards,
    peleroform

that sound great. I will try later. I am now at home and have no connection to the work system.

Is your tutorial for a real sync (deleting) between both systems or just a backup from A to B? Because in my situation, the files in both systems are changed - and so the systems should be on both ends up to date.

if there is a way using the webgui only I would try that way first.

where do I see if pure rsync or ssh?

I only worte it in the webgui. of the rsync plugin

I do not need ssh.... only user and password is enough, but if possible and easier ... ssh also is good. the main reason is that it should be a safe connection.

Dear all,

I know there are a lot of posts about rsync. I tried to get the right information, but it would not work.
    So the situation is:

There are 2 OMV systems (home and work) I want to sync the files between both. The sync must be startet from the OMV at work. The mainfiles are at the home system.

setup:

home:
    shared folder:
    name: Files
    Volume: FS
    Path: /

user:
    sync in the groups - users and ssh
    write and read privelegs on the folder Files

rsync server:
    modules:
    Shared folder Files
    name SFiles
    user: sync
    Groupe: ssh
    set all active without write only.
    all files are emty.

work:
    shared folder:
    name: FilesW
    Volume: FSW
    Path: /

user:
    sync in the groups - users and ssh
    write and read privelegs on the folder Files

rsync server:
    jobs:
    pull
    source:
    rsync://sync@dyndnshome.com:873/Files
    destination:
    FilesW
    Password: of sync
    testrun.... for setup active.

When I than start the Run in testmode.... I get:

Please wait, syncing <rsync://sync@dyndnshome.com:873/Files> to </media/longnumber//> ...

10) at clientserver.c(122) [Receiver=3.0.9]

Where is my mistake?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Florian

Thanks at first,

The SMART problem is, when I try to open in the WEBGui in SMART the disc tab. After loading a few secondes a Communication failure is the final result. It depends not on the IDE disk we talked about.
    Last time I could see the SMART - disc list all discs where found....But know with that failure I can not say. I think the time out in the webgui is to short to handle all discs.... Maybe it is possible to set the timeout time higher?

The 1,2GB disk is a seagte ST31276A if it can SMART I thats not the problem, just why there is N/A in the device list. In another debian jessie system as also win 10 it is found and mounted.

By the way, I forgot to change my footlines, The system is now a AMD Atholon XP 3000+. The ARM system was to slow to handle such amount of disks.

its another debian jessie system

Dont ask which one it is...
    The most of the other disks are using the same sort of converter.

Do you someone have an idea why connection failure is during opening SMART?

Thats an old IDE disk, pluged in with USB converter.
    In another system the disk will be found.., so a hardware failure would not be reason I think.
    The disk is from an other system, where the board broke.
    About the reason to use such a small, old, slow disk, just I have my reasons.

Dear all,

in my physical disks, is one disk shown as capacity N/A (see picture). It is there sdj.
    I tried to wipe it in the GUI as also with in SSH.
    I only get the error in GUI:

in SSH by using fdisk with

Code
    fdisk /dev/sdj

I get:
    fdisk: unable to open /dev/sdj: No such device or address

The disk is a 1.2GB HDD - dont ask why I use such a small and old one. ;)

Thats the first problem. Than I thought, maybe a disk crash, by opening SMART > Devices I get:

Code
    communication failure

That error I also get somethimes when I try to open the filesystems overview.

What can I do? What informations can I give to you?

Thanks for your help

Regards.

How about a Plugin for Amazon clouddrive? Ok thats not so popular as Google Drive and Dropbox. I found a tool called Rclone, as I wrote in an other threat Link. So maybe someone is interested and able to do a plugin (I tired to install it on my second OMV system, but there it was not possible. I can not say why, because I am not so confirm with the basic systems.), that is able to do the same as in Rclone is discripte or based on Rclone.

I found a linux tool called rclone. That toole should be able to work with different clouddrives. Amazon as also google.
    Maybe someone is interested or have the knowledged to do a plugin for omv based on the rclone - or the idea of it.

Dear All,

is there already a plugin, or is someone working on one, to backup photos and videos to the Amazon Clouddrive? I have seen that someone else was using s3fs to do it with the S3 Servers (link). So I am looking for nice handle able plugin to inlcude that feature in OMV webGUI to do a backup of the photos and videos to amazon (for primemembers is there a unlimited storage included).

Thanks for a short answer.

Regards.

Dear All,

just a short question, is a building time of Mirror Raid with 2 500GB WD disks (pluged in with USB 2.0.) of 30h and a speed of around 4500KB/sec normal?

The system is a banana pi with:

that are different filesystems, ext4 as also ntfs.

ext4 is possible with e2label. but ntfs would not work with e2label.

I know that there is something like e2label for ntfs, but that did not really work last time, it destroied a few weeks ago the disk informations, so that that the whole disk was not useabel any more.

My idea, hope, wish was to have a plugin or function direct in the webgui of omv to change it easy, not only in the commandline.