Posts by VanRaiks

Did someone find any workaround?

In my case on clean OMV 5 network works perfect, no problems.

As soon as Docker and Portainer is installed, on first reboot it looses all network settings.

With omv-firstaid it is possible to put it back only when LAN cable is disconnected.

Is there any way to hard code IP address to system / docker / anything?

Portainer is used for torrents and Plex.

Hi, all!
    Have a quite fresh OMV 2.2.14 installation with all updates, OMV extras and LUKS plugin 2.1.2. installed.
    Want to do full freshly installed WD RED series non-system disk encryption.
    Trying to create an encrypted device got an error: "Unable to create the encrypted device: Failed to access temporary keystore device.Failed to write to key storage."

As far as I understand, it's a permission problem in that particular file, am I right? How should I change that?

Thnx.

The question is more SQL related than OMV related, still I could not find too much info on this.

On freshly installed MySQL server on OMV2 there are few default users with no passwords, as far as I understand.

The intention is to use it with Nginx and Wordpress for websites.

The question is what is the best available practice for this reason?

1) shall I create password (s) for existing user (s), for example, for root? Or is it enough that I just disable SQL management site after server set-up?

2) shall I create separate from root SQL user (with its own password) for Wordpress and websites? Or even separate users for each website?

Dear all,

So far I managed to put on and working OpenVPN server and get it used by ASUS RT-N66u official OpenVPN client. Configuration was straight-forward, stable and well working. Works right now and all the time

Wanted to connect to the same server from different place (also different user) via dd-wrt router. Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r30880 vpn (11/14/16). Could not figure out how. A lot of settings and options, where I can not know what are server's defaults, like: Encryption Cipher, Hash Algorithm, TLS Cipher, LZO Compression. I have no idea what to put there. Can someone help?

Server says TLS hanshake failed.

Nginx is able to run several servers. So far I've put 2 WordPress sites on the same server and they run well over LAN. Something like 192.168.1.5:80 and 192.168.1.5:81. On a router level external port 80 is forwarded to both: 80 and 81 of the same server.

The problem is domains - how to feed to Nginx that on request http://www.domain1.com it has to bring up website1, but on www.domain2. - website2 ???

On Synology devices that is done via Virtual Hosts. I found that on Nginx something similar is related to
    etc/nginx/sites-available/openmediavault-nginx file. At least Nginx writes data of both websites into this file. Now the file of mine looks like this:

But right now Nginx brings up only first (the oldest) site on both domain requests. What should I do to have it working right?

Thanks a lot!!!!!

Everything works as it should also from a web interface after aptclean.

I remember I changed sources list long ago when original list (from installation ISO) was not working.

You are doing awesome work, thanks once more!

No success so far.
    After omv-aptclean and apt-get -f install an update for omv-extras came up in web interface. I do not remember which version was before, but now omvextras is 2.13.4.

Wordpress and MySQL still returns the same error messages in both: web interface and command line.

Code
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    mywebsql : Depends: php5-pgsql but it is not going to be installed
    Depends: php5-sqlite but it is not going to be installed
    php5-mysql : Depends: php5-common (= 5.4.45-0+deb7u2) but 5.4.45-0+deb7u4 is to be installed
    Conflicts: php5-mysqlnd but 5.4.45-0+deb7u2 is to be installed
    php5-mysqlnd : Depends: php5-common (= 5.4.45-0+deb7u2) but 5.4.45-0+deb7u4 is to be installed
    Conflicts: php5-mysql but 5.4.45-0+deb7u2 is to be installed
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Made reboot of the server also after all the operations, didnt help.

And what does it means?

Code
    root@Server2:~# apt-cache policy mywebsql
    mywebsql:
    Installed: (none)
    Candidate: 3.6-omv4
    Version table:
    3.6-omv4 0
    995 http://packages.omv-extras.org/debian/ stoneburner/main i386 Packages
    root@Server2:~#

O.K. now I have no problems with enabling pre-release and community maintained updates.

Still can't install Wordpress. Wordpress plugin installation asks for MySQL. MySQL installation says there is no MyWebSQL and php5-MySQL:

Recommendations?

Dear all, have a strange problem I could not find reason / solution for some time already. Maybe I am missing something.

OMV 2.2.6, kernel 3.2.0-4-686
    Installed OMV extras 2.13.2
    All updates
    Additionally installed and/or working well: FTP, Samba, OpenVPN, Plex, USBbackup, WEBdav

Have no idea Pre-release updates and Community-maintained should be on or off for wordpress installation, right now they are off.

Trying to switch on any of them right now gives an error:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get update 2>&1': Ign file: Release.gpg Ign file: Release Ign file: Translation-en Ign http://dh2k.omv-extras.org plex-wheezy-mirror Release.gpg Hit http://packages.omv-extras.org stoneburner Release.gpg Hit http://packages.openmediavault.org stoneburner Release.gpg Hit http://ppa.launchpad.net precise Release.gpg Hit .............
    etc, etc, etc

What should I do with this?

Following:
    Trying to install WordPress

Trying to install mySQL:

Was trying to install via command line, no success.

Any help appreciated. NOT an expert in linux. Still know how to connect via command-line and execute primitive commands or replace /edit files, if not too complex :(