Posts by dazzil

Hi,

I am sorry to ask this (very likely) newbie question:
    Following TechniDadLife Tutorial for Nextcloud (

) I am not able to complete the nextcloud installation. Once I open the nextcloud installation page and enter all data, I get the following error message:

Code
    Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused

MariaDB is running and both are, judging from my not knowledge, in the same network when I check it in Docker.

When I check the MariDB Container Log I see "Warning: World-writable config file '/etc/mysql/conf.d/custom.cnf' is ignored" - might this be an issue?

Any suggestion to fix this is highly appreciated, thanks a lot in advance!

Thanks for the quick reply!
    Unfortunately, when I use fastcgi_pass $socket; the system tells me that the command cannot be found. I also went back to my working omv 3.0 installation and there I get the same error.

Back in the upgraded omv 4 installation I found in etc/nginx/sites-available & etc/nginx/sites-enabled a zzz-omv-nginx file in which the broken sock file is mentioned set $socket "unix:/var/run/fpm-65c47d61-df16-43b9-bb80-e098bd11a952.sock";. I replaced it with set $socket "unix:/var/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock but somehow it is not used. After restarting the whole system, again I find the old broken sock file in it.

Hi and thanks for the tutorial! It worked very well in omv 3, now I upgraded to omv 4 and I run into problems.

Whenever I try to access nextcloud after the upgrade I get a bad gateway error which can be traced back to this (see below).

Code
    2018/07/28 16:17:45 [crit] 2617#2617: *9 connect() to unix:/var/run/fpm-34c7e7c6-933e-424b-97ee-8b5c99892767.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: 192.168.XXX, server: , request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/fpm-34c7e7c6-933e-424b-97ee-8b5c99892767.sock:", host: "192.168.XXX", referrer: "https://192.168.XXX/"

I also tried to deinstall and reinstall nginx but the error is still the same. I assume there is something broken with php but I am still new to linux and not sure what to do. Any help is highly appreciated.

Hi everyone,

I just upgraded from omv 3 to 4. Everything runs smoothly, unfortunately not my nginx installation, which I need for Nextcloud. When I try to access the nginx Webserver I get the typical "Bad Gateway" error which I can trace back to this error:

Code
    2018/07/28 16:17:45 [crit] 2617#2617: *9 connect() to unix:/var/run/fpm-34c7e7c6-933e-424b-97ee-8b5c99892767.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: 192.168.XXX, server: , request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/fpm-34c7e7c6-933e-424b-97ee-8b5c99892767.sock:", host: "192.168.XXX", referrer: "https://192.168.XXX/"

I checked and this sock file does not exist, at least in the folder /var/run/

Does anyone know what to do? I guess it has something to do with PHP?

Many thanks and apologies if this is a newbie-question :)

My problem was very strange but I solved it: Reason for timeouts and php errors was caused by one mobile nextcloud app, which created so many logins that somehow the server went down. After reinstalling the app and clearing the bruteforce table of nextcloud, nextcloud is running fine again.

Hi, first of all thanks for the nextcloud tutorial - it worked perfectly, at least until yesterday :)

I had it running for a month now and yesterday I ran into timeouts while uploading data into the cloud. After a restart I got a "bad gateway" error, when checking the error log I got this, see below. (sock failed no such file or directory)

I tried to fix it myself but unfortunately I am not used to work with linux. I didnt change permissions updated nextloud.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Code
    2017/09/20 23:47:55 [crit] 6366#0: *14 connect() to unix:/var/run/fpm-34c7e7c6-933e-424b-97ee-8b5c99892767.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: 217.225.220.92, server: , request: "GET /status.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/fpm-34c7e7c6-933e-424b-97ee-8b5c99892767.sock:", host: "nas.XXdeletedXX.net:443"

I might add that i dont find a "fpm-34c7e7c6-933e-424b-97ee-8b5c99892767.sock" file in var/run/

I just updated to 3.086 and now I get the following error when I try to refresh updates. I already clicked "apt clean" in omv extras.

"Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; apt-get update 2>&1' with exit code '100': Ign cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux 8 _Jessie_ - Official Snapshot amd64 LIVE/INSTALL Binary 20170706-22:03] jessie InRelease Ign file: InRelease Ign file: Release.gpg Ign file: Release Ign cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux 8 _Jessie_ - Official Snapshot amd64 LIVE/INSTALL Binary 20170706-22:03] jessie Release.gpg Ign (...) "

Details

"Fehler #0:exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; apt-get update 2>&1' with exit code '100': Ign cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux 8 _Jessie_ - Official Snapshot amd64 LIVE/INSTALL Binary 20170706-22:03] jessie InReleaseIgn file: InReleaseIgn file: Release.gpgIgn file: ReleaseIgn cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux 8 _Jessie_ - Official Snapshot amd64 LIVE/INSTALL Binary 20170706-22:03] jessie Release.gpg (...) "

Sorry, I just found this: NextCloud Installation

I will follow the guide. Please delete this thread.

//
    Hi,

I managed to switch from OMV 2.0 to 3.0 by a setting up the system from scratch (and btw thanks for 3.0!). So far I got almost everything to work except Nginx which I want to use to get nextcloud running again.

I got several errors once I installed the plugin. I somehow managed to set it up to the point where I didn’t get any bad gateway errors anymore but now the nextcloud installer says that there is no PHP?

When I try to get into the server or pool settins gagain after I tried to load the nextcloud installation, with the mentioned PHP error, OMV comes up randomly with “an error occurred” and no further details. The only way to interact with OMV again is to reload the WebGUI.

I also didn’t find anything in the system logs.

Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks :)

Also many thanks from my side for this awesome plugin! Without it would have never started using openmediavault :-)

Therefore I am also looking very forward to an omv 3.0 version of this plugin.

Greetings and again many thanks,
    dazzil

I am no pass member but due to a very annoying bug (not able to play video on mobile devices "Streaming session doesn't exist"), which is fixed in the current server release, I am also very looking forward to an update.

How soon can we expect an update via the plugin?

Thanks!

As a newbie I was very happy to install crash plan headless. Thanks for all the informations provided in the forum!Unfortunately I am stuck at the point of configuring and actually using crashplan. I am using luks encryption fand unable to see the encrypted data, therefore I would have to upload the complete container each time I add data to my shared and encrypted folders in omv, right?

Hi,
    I am new to openmediavault (sorry, newbie) and very happy for this plugin.
    Unfortunately I am not able to make it work as I want it to, most likely I am missing something very simple:
    I have two HDDs installed, I cleaned them and afterwards I encrypted both. After that I decrypted them to create a RAID (JBOD), which worked fine. But as soon as I reboot the server and decrypt the drives again, the RAID is gone or not appearing. Since I am not able to create a new RAID with these HDDs I assume that the info is still stored anywhere?
    How do I have to use the plugin that erverything (RAID, Filesystem etc) is still there once the server is restarted?

Thanks a lot!