Posts by GiuseppeChillemi

I ran in this issue right now.

Failed to grow the filesystem '/dev/md127': resize2fs 1.42.5 (29-Jul-2012)
    resize2fs: New size too large to be expressed in 32 bits

Is there any step by step help using the "another OS" solution ?

Hi,
    I have migrated a RAID 6 array on a new motherboard and controller.
    I have installed without drives and then, after installation, I have attached them. Device is /DEV/MD127

Motherboard Tyan K8WE
    Controller IBM m1015 flashed to LSI9211-8i firmware P16 + HP SAS EXPANDER
    XCase 24 Bays.

Last time I have seen MD127 during my previous attempts with the other motherboard I have had all kind of problems.
    This array was mounted with the other motherboard as MD0
    Why is it now getting MD127 ? What does it mean ?

Here is a partial log:

Version : 1.2
    Creation Time : Fri Apr 22 18:55:39 2016
    Raid Level : raid6
    Array Size : 8790405120 (8383.18 GiB 9001.37 GB)
    Used Dev Size : 2930135040 (2794.39 GiB 3000.46 GB)
    Raid Devices : 5
    Total Devices : 5
    Persistence : Superblock is persistent

Update Time : Sat May 21 19:02:42 2016
    State : clean
    Active Devices : 5
    Working Devices : 5
    Failed Devices : 0
    Spare Devices : 0

Layout : left-symmetric
    Chunk Size : 512K

Name : openmediavaultuno:NAS3
    UUID : 9281afab:d5496aff:ef685b46:704ed146
    Events : 26

Number Major Minor RaidDevice State
    0 8 16 0 active sync /dev/sdb
    1 8 48 1 active sync /dev/sdd
    2 8 32 2 active sync /dev/sdc
    3 8 0 3 active sync /dev/sda
    4 8 64 4 active sync /dev/sde

Hope you can understand if something is going wrong.

Is there a way to rever to MD0 ?

(Note, on this motherboard I have first created a small 256GB array to try it, then I have deleted the array and moved the drives from the old nas to this nas)

Hi,
    I am copying my files from a windows machine to a SAMBA share belonging to my open media vault nas.
    I am finding every file having +1 hour timestamp on my OMV NAS.
    The time and latitude on OMV (Date/our) section is correct.
    Which could be the cause ?

Regards,
    Giuseppe Chillemi

Hi,
    thanks for the answer but it didn't help.
    If I hit delete, the files system is not being deleted. The gui is unable to perform this task.
    I need to delete it via command line. Do you have a command line I could use ?

UPDATE:

I have looked at sytem log. I have found attempts to write beyond the end of the drive.
    I have then deleted the raid, factory reset each drive, switched of the PC.
    At the nex boot I have recreated the array. It is still working on the task but I am starting to see some differences.

OMV 3 array resync write speed was 22MB/SEC. OMV2.1 write speed is 55MB/sec.
    Device letter assigned from OMV 2.1 to the OMV 3 array was MD127. Now we are at MD0.
    Tomowwor morning raid creration will be complete and I'll discover is the whole process has been successfull.

UPDATE2:

Speed is now down again to 22MB/s. The array will be ready in 1,5 days.

Regards,
    Giuseppe

Later I will retry using english as installation language.

When I will connect the disks after OMV 2 installation they will have a RAID 6 structure created by OMW 3 and the undeletabe ghost XSF file system from my first OMV 3 attempt.
    Is there a way to:

1) Delete that filesystem
    2) Avoid factory resetting the drives and maintain the RAID 6 structure that has been created by OMV 3 ? (It too over 36 hour for creation and I would prefeer to not wait so long again)

Regards,
    Giuseppe Chillemi

Hi,
    I have an ASROCK Q1900 PRO3 with IBM M1015 controller and five 3 TB disk. A spare 32GB SSD disk attached on the motherboard is used for installation and main boot device.

I have tried to install OMV3.0 without succes.Now I have tried OMW 2.1 but when installing the system I receive a message on a RED screen:

failed.. chroot -target mount T proc proc /proc

Could you please help ?

Regards,
    Giuseppe Chillemi

Hi,
    I have created a RAID array and then I have instantly created an XSF fylesystem. I have then discovered I should wait for RAID creation completition.
    I have deleted the array, restored each drive to factory setting and created a new one.
    After about 36 ours the arrays was ready and I have moved to file system creation section finding the previous XSF filesystem (unmounted)
    If I try to mount delete it I get the error I have uploaded as screenshot.

How could I move away from this situation, delete the FS and create a ext4 one ?

(open media vault 3 here)

Hi,
    I have built a 5 disk RAID 6 array using an IBM 1015 controller. (Celeron J1900, 8GB RAM).
    The array has just been created and it is is resyncing. Which resync speed should I expect ? Actually I have about 24 MB per second. 36 hour work.

Regards,
    Giuseppe Chillemi

Hi,
    yesterday I have installed OMV 3.0 beta on my ASROCK Q1900 Pro 3.
    The board is equipped with an integrated celeron, 8GB ram, and gibabit lan using Realteck RTL 8111.
    Controller was an IMB m1015 in with original firware in IR mode.
    Everything has gone fine.

I have then flashed to LSI 9211-8i IT mode and reinstalled OMV 3.0... SURPRISE. I have been asked for the Network card as the setup was not able to recognize it. No card in the list worked !

I have then tried to install OMW 2.1 and it passed the network card recognition and network configuration without problems.

It seems OMW 3.0 has added some incompatibility.

Have you some suggestion ?

Regards,
    Giuseppe Chillemi