Posts by keribi560

I did forget to unmount the drives from the OMV 2xx before moving them to the OMV 4xx box,. I hope this is not a fatal mistake for the raid 5 array? It seems to have mounted in the OMV 4xx box fine. But OMV 4xx will not let me mount the single drive file system without formatting the drive first. Can I put the drive back in the OMV 2xx box mount it then unmount it before movint into the 4xx box?

I built another OMV box with with 4.1.13-1 (old box was 2x stoneburner). The 2x raid 5 array transferred to 4x fine but I have another 3tb drive from the 2x box (not in the raid array) that is detected but does not show up in the file systems. I DO NOT want to have to format the 3tb drive unless necessary. Is there problem with drives or file systems when moving to OMV 4x?

Files

• sysinfo.JPG

(34.18 kB, downloaded 185 times, last: )
    • Disks.JPG

(35.04 kB, downloaded 154 times, last: )
    • Raid mgmt.JPG

(23.66 kB, downloaded 151 times, last: )
    • File Sys.JPG

(33.74 kB, downloaded 146 times, last: )

I am having hardware issues. Twice my OMV server has shutdown with the fans running full blast (everything else dead) I think it is most likely a power supply or MB failure. This has happened twice so far and after I reboot the server all is fine and data is fully in tact. I attached the Cron email sent but I am not sure what it means. Any help would be appreciated. May be time for a MB upgrade and OMV 4.

cron.JPG

I am wanting to upgrade to OMV 4 from 2.2.14 and would like to know if I could have any known or unknown issues? OMV system has a raid5 16tb array with about 7tb free. Is it a good idea to disconnect the raid5 array while upgrading to OMV 4? Will settings transfer over to the new ver or will I need to re configure? I am NOT a Linux expert so any help or is there another existing thread I could look at? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the info! When moving the array to the new MB Should make sure each of the 4 HDD's in the raid 5 is connected to the same SATA ports as the old MB? Does it matter?

I know this has most likely been covered before but Think its worth asking. I need to replace my underpowered core2 duo MB with something more capable (running Plex). I would like to know if the raid 5 array will transfer to the replacement MB? (I am using 4 4TB HDD's.) Will the array rebuild when booted as i cannot lose any of the stored data? I should backup data before doing this swap.

I thought I would start a new thread as it is somewhat important! After I ran the latest update for Plex from Update manager my Plex is no longer working. Errors when trying to enable/stop service. I am not a Linux expert so im hoping for some help on where to begin to revert to previous Plex or repair this latest update! I see others are having the same issue!

Thanks

My Plex is broke too after updating from update manager this morning!

Got this error trying to enable/stop service!

Failed
    to execute command 'export LANG=C; invoke-rc.d 'plexmediaserver' stop
    2>&1': invoke-rc.d: unknown initscript,
    /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver not found.

Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; invoke-rc.d 'plexmediaserver' stop 2>&1': invoke-rc.d: unknown initscript, /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver not found.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/initscript.inc:176
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/initscript.inc(148): OMVSysVInitScript->invoke('stop')
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/initscript.inc(53): OMVSysVInitScript->stop()
    #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/plexmediaserver.inc(52): OMVSysVInitScript->exec()
    #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(164): OMVModulePlexMediaServer->stopService()
    #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(158): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #7 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(224): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #8 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
    #9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
    #11 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
    #12 {main}