darkarn Student

• Member since Jul 4th 2016
Reactions Received
Profile Hits
  • darkarn

Thanks, I asked as I wasn't sure if this is OMV + DockSTARTer specific, or just a general DockSTARTer "issue"

Seeing that the DockSTARTer docs mentioned that
    (Quote)

It sounds like it is working as designed; I am supposed to use overrides…
  • darkarn

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x resolved How to mount HDD with OMV by label instead of UUID?.

For me, it's more to do with taking this chance to jump over to a newer filestystem since I am already starting over with these newer HDDs compared to my previous setup
  • darkarn

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x resolved VPN for OMV5 (and onwards)?.
    Apparently all I needed to do was to reset the state tables in my router, or simply just restart the router. I don't recall needing to do this the last time I needed to set up VPN in my router though...
  • darkarn

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x resolved How to mount HDD with OMV by label instead of UUID?.

Thanks for all of your hard work by the way, your stuff is top-notch
  • darkarn

Whoa, if this is true, is it a good idea for me to make the switch right now? The new HDD in question is going through badblocks to test that it works; I can always switch it to BTRFS instead of EXT4 once this is done and start testing…
  • darkarn

Thanks! All of my HDDs, new and old, are formatted as EXT4. One of them was before 5.5.20 while the other was done after 5.5.20. This would mean that it is working as intended and therefore I should consider using symlinks like what…
  • darkarn

• darkarn

I am affected by this change too even though I don't use said USB enclosures

I have one SSD and two HDDs. The SSD is by id while the first HDD is by label. The new second HDD is by UUID no matter if I had a label or not. I wasted about an hour trying to…
  • darkarn

No, this happens only if I run DockStarter in command line and agree to compose the apps
  • darkarn

• darkarn

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x resolved VPN for OMV5 (and onwards)?.

I have followed their instructions to no avail
  • darkarn

Thread
    I was adding more containers/apps via DockStarter when I realised that after composing, all my current apps' bind mounts got lost, which forced me to rebind everything again.

Is there a way to prevent this loss from future compose commands?

EDIT: I see…
  • darkarn

Posted the thread OMV 5.x resolved VPN for OMV5 (and onwards)?.
    Thread
    Hi, how should I configure a VPN for my OMV machine?

I tried doing this on the router but it did not connect to the VPN
    I have taken a look at the OpenVPN plugin but am not sure how to use the ovpn files given by my VPN provider with the plugin
    I understand…