Kai Intermediate

• from Indiana USA
  • Member since Aug 23rd 2016
  • Last Activity:
Reactions Received
Profile Hits
  • Kai

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x Install Portainer - DNS Error.

No problem macom. Just want to make certain I remain in good standing on this forum. The OMV server is the nucleus to my very basic usage computerized home and you experienced members have no idea how really valuable you are to the…
  • Kai

Reacted with Like to macom’s post in the thread OMV 5.x Install Portainer - DNS Error.
    Reaction (Post)
    Again, the "OMG" was solely related to me. I am sorry that it was possible to misunderstand this.
    You are totally right to be cautious with information you provide on the internet. I was definitively not referring to that.
  • Kai

macom - I totally apologize to you. In no manner did I [intend] to be contrary. I cannot thank you and KM0201 enough for helping me through this. I do not, and probably never will, know the depths of computers like 95% on this forum…
  • Kai

Will do
    (Quote from macom)

What is your acronym OMG standing for?
  • Kai

The attached Net01.jpg shows my OMV GUI network configuration. I am assuming it is okay as is shown; can you agree? Please advise if changes are needed or suggested.
  • Kai

Okay!!!! So that must have done it. Portainer has started and is running. Thanks so much.

Can you possibly tell me what it was that I must have done incorrectly that started all this?
  • Kai

Here is the result. If you need the actual </> posted then I will do so. It's not that I have anything to hide. It's just that I don't like feeling that I have left myself exposed to being invaded. Just me. Others may not care. I just like to feel as…
  • Kai

Dang - 20 minutes ago when I ran that command it returned 3 sections containing a bunch of lines each with each section separated by about 20 blank lines. NOW - all I get is the following: (also notice the nameserver line totally confuses me.
    (Code, 10…
  • Kai

macom, please forgive me for this, but, am I safe in publicly displaying my IP address? Because, I cannot see any means to mark it out after entering the </> code return. If I am not safe I guess I'll just have to display it anyway and take my chances,…
  • Kai

Nothing like that at all. Only the [top]nameserver line returned and it is dramatically different than my OMV server address or my router IP Address. That's what confuses me.
  • Kai

Got it. Worked.

Question - Is it safe to publicly display my IP address? Reason I'm asking is I see a discrepancy in IP's when running command [cat /etc/resolv.conf]
  • Kai

Is this what is wanted?
  • Kai

I will [type] in as soon as I can determine how to get at a prompt from the last code return
  • Kai

Bear with me here . . . still learning . . .
    1. Through a short trial run I now know how to institute the </>
    2. Is it safe/advised to publicly display my server IP ????
    3. How do I get to a new prompt in putty after the long return of your last requested command so
  • Kai

Okay, so here's my first input. Am I doing it correctly? Seems like an unsatisfactory return.
  • Kai

Okay. Got it. Will be using Putty on Win10Pro since I'm familiar with that.
  • Kai

macom, thanks so much for replying. I was hoping I would see a response(s) from the forum this morning. Last night I was using another thread to try and solve things -BUT- like your post #7 I don't know where to type in the commands you requested outputs…
  • Kai

I've tried 1.1.1.1, my router ip, 8.8.8.8, everything that I can think of (but then again, I'm not an expert OMV person). Nothing is working. Does this mean I have to reinstall OMV5? Is there something wrong inside of Docker or Portainer? I had been…
  • Kai

Just used omv-firstaid but did the docker rather than the enp37s0. That left me with a docker0 interface and no enp37s0. So then I added the enp37s0 back in. Now I will see if that worked.

Should I delete the docker0 interface?
  • Kai

Not Yet. In what capacity should I use it? Just pinged my DNS 8.8.8.8 and returned 4 packets.